Great win for the Bills

PatsFanNH

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Sanders dropped a far easier throw for a TD.

Lol I was literally just teasing the person said Allen just went to another level and took the game over..  damn my jokes must be falling short thought for sure saying Mind ninja woulda worked.. hmm maybe I shoulda said he did a Jedi mind trick lol

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Missing on your QB is pretty big. Jones will be the nail in Belichick’s coaching career. He isn’t a great coach without Tom. You are who your record says you are. Without Tom, Belichick is below .500. Deal with it. Jones isn’t Brady. Deal with it. 

Weird? Everyone who isn’t a Bills fan is saying they hit on QB. Weird how that is isn’t it?  Without Brady in NE He is 27-20 hmm that’s a winning record.. and that’s with 3 years with only 1 of those 3 beings below .500 year.. hardly terrible.

• Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Very true, but look also at Cam Newton. He took a beating, one the MVP then got hurt and never recovered.  My point is, Allen could be fine if he lost his wheels if he adapted his game, but running like he does he could get hurt like Newton who is just as big as Allen.. (I mean in less than 5 years Cam went from MVP to a boarder line backup) 

Also I am kind of tongue in cheek with Allen to make the point we don’t really know what Jones is yet.. and some of these people think Allen is a HOF already. 

You’re also negating the fact that Newton never was capable of throwing the ball like Allen… Cam relied on his legs to make him an effective QB. 

I understand you’re trying to assert that Josh isn’t a good passer. 

16 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

You’re really trying to push the accuracy/can’t be a pocket passer narrative with Josh Allen? Come on man. 

Of course the legs add another element… but you’re treating him as if he’s Lamar Jackson. The man just put up back to back 30+ TD and 4,000+ yard seasons. That puts him on a short list with 

Rodgers

Brady

Manning

Brees 

I can’t get in to any subscription based services but in mid-November Josh was the 2nd most pressured QB in the entire league behind Darnold. Beginning of November he was 2nd in completions and 1st in yards when pressured. 

@PatsFanNH 

47 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You saying that would like me saying to you when Allen was a rookie “a typical bust QB pick by your Bills. Same old Bills” point being you have no more clue how good Jones will be than anyone did when Allen was meh to bad year one. So please stop with your less than expert analysis of him. 

Bills fan living in Patriots nation for the last two decades. How's that for bad timing?  Anyway, I completely agree with your post as it's way too early to cast a definitive judgement about Mac Jones. If anything is true, Jones is showing more promise as a rookie than Josh did his first year even if he doesn't possess his raw physical talent. As a Bills fan, I'm beyond thrilled Josh has evolved into this superstar franchise QB that we all coveted but to say I saw THIS kind of greatness coming from him would be a lie.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Fact is he wouldn’t trade that because Allen would SUCK with this team.  This team has no superstar WR, and certainly none that will hide any inaccurate throw flaws he may have.. 

I think people are hilarious who believe a QB can be good anywhere. The truth is they are all system QBs and not all QBs work in all systems. 

There is so much to disagree with here.  First of all,  if Allen was on the Pats (shudder, puke), BB wouod commit a lot more resources on the O side.  Secondly,  Allen does not have accuracy issues.  I thought that narrative was put to rest sometime last season.  Lastly, some QBs need a very strong supporting cast to succeed as game managers. At the other end,  QBs like Allen have offenses designed around them. 

You are entirely wrong if you think BB would not want an Allen on his team.  As of now,  he has had to beef up the defense and add pieces such as TEs to make Jones functional (he was preparing to draft a QB during free agency). Yes,  Jones is doing well for a rookie but he has been supported by a very good D and coaching. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

We didn’t need the ‘85 bears D we just needed one that made the Bills punt 1 or 2 times.  No team is going to win a game their D doesn’t make one punt happen. 

Checkmate...

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/remembering-1992s-legendary-bills-49ers-no-punt-game/article_3a22dc48-1c9a-520e-a36c-33fd20a0d5a8.html

image.png.14c68fc6d50ff51dbb8f6030c4cdcde9.png

5 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Well someone lost now didn’t they because their D didn’t make the other team punt once…  maybe what I should say is when your teams D makes zero stops outside of one on the 1 inch line. Your not gonna win that game.

12 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I disagree with you there. He is a rookie who has to adapt after teams know what he likes to do. If he can adapt he will be fine. 

Agree. Jones can be a very good QB like in the same path as Brady.  He is very accurate and if his surrounding cast helps him, he can manage the game efficiently.  He sets up the run game perfectly.   Over time. I think he can build an NFL arm and take on a bigger role.   Things are looking really good for young QBs in the AFC... We have Allen, Burrows, Mahomes, Herbert and Lamar being the shining stars along with. Jones, Tua,  Baker,  Zach, Lawrence having the opportunity to turn into real good QBs.   

6 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

There is so much to disagree with here.  First of all,  if Allen was on the Pats (shudder, puke), BB wouod commit a lot more resources on the O side.  Secondly,  Allen does not have accuracy issues.  I thought that narrative was put to rest sometime last season.  Lastly, some QBs need a very strong supporting cast to succeed as game managers. At the other end,  QBs like Allen have offenses designed around them. 

You are entirely wrong if you think BB would not want an Allen on his team.  As of now,  he has had to beef up the defense and add pieces such as TEs to make Jones functional (he was preparing to draft a QB during free agency). Yes,  Jones is doing well for a rookie but he has been supported by a very good D and coaching. 

Wow! BB didn’t commit a lot of resources to Offense when he had a BETTER QB than Allen, so why would he for Allen?  Allen does have accuracy issues when forced to stay in the pocket and throw under pressure it’s been proven this year twice by Indy and Pittsburg.  Hell he threw a couple ducks yesterday! (Only a couple) 

LMAO He built the line and D with TE because he knew whoever he drafted the teams play was going to mirror 2001.  Allen is a great QB but he doesn’t elevate the skill players around him, he is not a Manning, Brady, or Breese, at least not yet.

7 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

You’re also negating the fact that Newton never was capable of throwing the ball like Allen… Cam relied on his legs to make him an effective QB. 

I understand you’re trying to assert that Josh isn’t a good passer. 

@PatsFanNH 

Actually he is an good passer! He isn’t awesome where he elevated his WR and makes them better than they are at least not yet. But there aren’t many in the league right now who are… Brady use to be able to do that, but not anymore. Rogers has always needed a Superstar WR just like Allen does now.  Hardly makes Allen awful saying he is like Rogers now.  He just isn’t like Manning and Brady in their prime. 

Does Allen have accuracy issues? Yes when you get him out of his game and force him to play differently.  Hell even yesterday he threw a couple ducks… imagine this place if Jackson holds onto the ball in the 4th and the Pats ended up wining the game 28-26 they would want his head and blame the D for a collapse as well even though both played well.  (To those who will take this out of context I am giving an example of how even Bills fans throw Allen’s accuracy under the bus.)

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Mayfield's best year was his rookie year. I could see Jones being similar. Once teams figure out his limitations and the "book" is out in him, he will struggle as teams tell him to beat them deep and squat on short routes...

Might not be a secret why he struggled badly in the last 2 games...that book might be published already.

BB and McDaniels are light years better than anyone coaching in Cleveland. They will adapt Jones game and get him the help he needs in FA to bring it to the next level. 

Weird thing he struggled but:

20-17 with 2:25 and 3 time outs left and just need the D stop Indy one more time.. The D failed.. (were trailing 20-0 going into the 4th)

26-21 with over 7 minutes to go and all he needed was the D just to stop Buffalo ONCE to have a shot to win. (Was 17-7 at half) 

if the book was written somehow the D forgot it in the second half.   My point is unlike a lot of young QBs he doesn’t give up and hang his head in defeat he fights back and has that ability make the team believe in him.  That was more true in Indy than Yesterday.. Yesterday if the D makes a stop Harris runs it down the field and scores the game winner with just seconds left. Harris was the Bills D kryptonite yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Actually he is an good passer! He isn’t awesome where he elevated his WR and makes them better than they are at least not yet. But there aren’t many in the league right now who are… Brady use to be able to do that, but not anymore. Rogers has always needed a Superstar WR just like Allen does now.  Hardly makes Allen awful saying he is like Rogers now.  He just isn’t like Manning and Brady in their prime. 

Does Allen have accuracy issues? Yes when you get him out of his game and force him to play differently.  Hell even yesterday he threw a couple ducks… imagine this place if Jackson holds onto the ball in the 4th and the Pats ended up wining the game 28-26 they would want his head and blame the D for a collapse as well even though both played well.  (To those who will take this out of context I am giving an example of how even Bills fans throw Allen’s accuracy under the bus.)

Alright, I may have been confused by your initial statement then. 

I’m not going to try and argue he’s on the level of Brady and Manning when it comes to elevating the talent around him… but to say he hasn’t been able to do so yet isn’t really true.  

Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley and John Brown put up career years in Buffalo under Josh Allen. Zay Jones and Robert Foster had career years with Josh Allen circa 2018. Heck Isaiah McKenize is a depth piece and he went for 11/125/1 yesterday. That’s not elevating the talent around you? 

Your argument for Josh having accuracy issues is when he’s forced off his game and made uncomfortable… you mean like every quarterback from Pop Warner to the NFL? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Found this on Twitter:

I’m not shocked. Judon is a great player but he does extremely stupid things when he gets frustrated and he was frustrated yesterday. (He played like crap I thought but then again so did the entire D)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Alright, I may have been confused by your initial statement then. 

I’m not going to try and argue he’s on the level of Brady and Manning when it comes to elevating the talent around him… but to say he hasn’t been able to do so yet isn’t really true.  

Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley and John Brown put up career years in Buffalo under Josh Allen. Zay Jones and Robert Foster had career years with Josh Allen circa 2018. Heck Isaiah McKenize is a depth piece and he went for 11/125/1 yesterday. That’s not elevating the talent around you? 

Your argument for Josh having accuracy issues is when he’s forced off his game and made uncomfortable… you mean like every quarterback from Pop Warner to the NFL? 

Diggs was a superstar before he got to Buffalo and he wanted to prove something as well. 

Beasley also was a good WR before Buffalo and remained so with Buffalo.

McKenzie lol your OC deserves credit for because he saw Bryant (our practice squad elevated CB) on him all game.. that wasn’t Allen making him look good, that was our less talented CB doing that. Lol ( and your OC calling plays for him)

(the other 2 I don’t know) 

No, most QBs get happy feet and stop looking all over the field and lock into 1 receiver.  Allen still looks over the field his problem is he will gun it 5 feet over their head when he is uncomfortable.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Diggs was a superstar before he got to Buffalo and he wanted to prove something as well. 

Beasley also was a good WR before Buffalo and remained so with Buffalo.

McKenzie lol your OC deserves credit for because he saw Bryant (our practice squad elevated CB) on him all game.. that wasn’t Allen making him look good, that was our less talented CB doing that. Lol ( and your OC calling plays for him)

(the other 2 I don’t know) 

No, most QBs get happy feet and stop looking all over the field and lock into 1 receiver.  Allen still looks over the field his problem is he will gun it 5 feet over their head when he is uncomfortable.

Yes Diggs and Beasley were good players before they got to Buffalo… Josh elevated them to a level they hadn’t touched previously. Nothing on John Brown? 

Nothing on Zay Jones and Robert Foster because you’re not familiar with them? Doesn’t that prove my point. Foster was a UDFA that Josh made relevant his rookie year and has never been seen again across the NFL. Zay Jones put up 700 yards and 7 TDs and has been buried in Oakland for 3 years since. 

Allen didn’t throw McKenzie the ball? He gets zero credit? The same practice squad CB was on Cole Beasley in Buffalo… I guess the weather helped a bit. 

Josh “gunning it 5 feet over their head happens maybe twice a game” so what? The inaccuracy thing is a ludicrous argument. He misfires from time to time… what QB doesn’t under pressure? 

• Like (+1) 1

This was a fantastic win by the Bills but they really need to build an OL and get a run game if they want Allen to be their QB for the next 15 years or so. I get that the offense runs thru Allen but he takes way to many hits for my liking. When your run game is thru your QB you have a problem. Great win yesterday but they can't have a letdown against the Falcons. 

53 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I also want to circle back to this… because it isn’t true. Myles Bryant has been on the active roster since October. He’s played over 50% of the defensive snaps this season on the #1 rated defense in football. 

Edited by JGMcD2

20 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I also want to circle back to this… because it isn’t true. Myles Bryant has been on the active roster since October. He’s played over 50% of the defensive snaps this season on the #1 rated defense in football. 

Nope, he was elevated on Thursday.  He is like our 6th CB when they are all healthy. Jonathan Jones is out for the year thus why he gets elevated every week practically.. Bryant is not a part of the 52 man roster. He isn’t even a top 4 CB on the team heck he is suppose to be a safety. 

35 minutes ago, TBBills said:

It'll downhill  now because you g0t Mac Jones at his peak and he will never be as good now that teams know his weakness... playing QB.

Again stop! No one knows how good or bad a rookie WB will be in the future. The truth is he had an excellent rookie year and teams have a ton of film now to make him uncomfortable. The team had a 7 game winning streak and the last 2 he had the team poised for a 4th quarter comeback win if the D makes a stop. 

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Nope, he was elevated on Thursday.  He is like our 6th CB when they are all healthy. Jonathan Jones is out for the year thus why he gets elevated every week practically.. Bryant is not a part of the 52 man roster. He isn’t even a top 4 CB on the team heck he is suppose to be a safety.

No. He can’t get elevated every week. That’s not how it works. He was being brought up early in the season - check the transaction tab… he was signed to the active roster on October 19th, 2021. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BryaMy01.htm

The Patriots elevated DL Daniel Ekuale, DB D'Angelo Ross and WR Kristian Wilkerson to the active roster this week. 

11 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

My Knicks won on Christmas Day, my Bills won today. I'm happy as hell. Can't wait to hear Tedy Bruschi, Willie McGinest tomorrow. 😂😂😂

Oh no Solomon!!!  I’m so sorry to hear that my man!!!  Nyks fan???  Say it ain’t so!!  Good to see tibs turning things around but I’m not sure if any of those players are core players.  Don’t get me wrong, randle is a beast, but he’s a semi head case and best served as a 3rd option On a contending team.  Barrett is the confusing one….it looked like he was ready to take his game to the next level last year, but has regressed big time this season.  Get in the gym and shoot 2k 3pointers a day young man.  Learn how to go right once in awhile. Sorry, I don’t belong to any nba forums and like to get my hoops fix once in awhile 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Oh no Solomon!!!  I’m so sorry to hear that my man!!!  Nyks fan???  Say it ain’t so!!  Good to see tibs turning things around but I’m not sure if any of those players are core players.  Don’t get me wrong, randle is a beast, but he’s a semi head case and best served as a 3rd option On a contending team.  Barrett is the confusing one….it looked like he was ready to take his game to the next level last year, but has regressed big time this season.  Get in the gym and shoot 2k 3pointers a day young man.  Learn how to go right once in awhile. Sorry, I don’t belong to any nba forums and like to get my hoops fix once in awhile 

I am hoping they replay the Bills - Pats game on the NFLN either Tuesday or Wednesday night. An 8:00 start time would be nice. I could watch this game over and over again.

38 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Again stop! No one knows how good or bad a rookie WB will be in the future. The truth is he had an excellent rookie year and teams have a ton of film now to make him uncomfortable. The team had a 7 game winning streak and the last 2 he had the team poised for a 4th quarter comeback win if the D makes a stop. 

He didn't do much, the run game did most the work. He is at his peak which is what was said was going to happen with him he has a very low ceiling and it won't get much higher. He has gotten progressively worse as the time goes on.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Oh yeah, like EVERY QB EVER.  

10 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Agalor is going to be cut, (that saves then 4 million I was told) and they will pay too dollar for one of the 2 top FA WR. I am thinking Allen Robinson.

Meyers, Johnson, Brown and Phillips be back. White and Gunner possibly back as well. (On a 1 year deals)

I think McCourty retires. I wouldn’t be shocked if they tried get Mathieu in FA.

Someone WAY overpays for Jackson. (After last two games bye bye bye) 

They move up to draft top CB and they take at least 2 in the draft along with a LB. Late in the draft (5th and 6th round) they will get the o lineman.

Still think Allen will have a long career? Lol 

(eye roll)  

No he wouldn’t. Lmao if you think that then you obviously have no clue how BB operates or how he believes things work. 

Fact is he wouldn’t trade that because Allen would SUCK with this team.  This team has no superstar WR, and certainly none that will hide any inaccurate throw flaws he may have.. 

I think people are hilarious who believe a QB can be good anywhere. The truth is they are all system QBs and not all QBs work in all systems. 

You’ll save 5m actually, while taking a 10M dead cap hit.  

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

Agree. Jones can be a very good QB like in the same path as Brady.  He is very accurate and if his surrounding cast helps him, he can manage the game efficiently.  He sets up the run game perfectly.   Over time. I think he can build an NFL arm and take on a bigger role.   Things are looking really good for young QBs in the AFC... We have Allen, Burrows, Mahomes, Herbert and Lamar being the shining stars along with. Jones, Tua,  Baker,  Zach, Lawrence having the opportunity to turn into real good QBs.   

He really isn’t that accurate. Did you watch today? He missed guys left and right. He had little to no accuracy on balls over 20 yards. His deep balls are basically Hail Marys because he doesn’t have arm strength. Jones might be cerebral like a Fitzpatrick but that will take you so far in this league. The team rallied around him because Belichick encouraged them to do so since Jones is a rookie. Next year when Jones is still limited physically and can’t put the team on his back, how do you think they will respond? The narrative will eventually become either Jones is holding them back or they are winning without great QB play. 
To quote Josh Allen, “you either figure it out, or you get figured out.”. The last couple games are trending towards Jones being figured out. Remember Josh’s rookie year? He looked better and better as the year went on. Not so with Jones. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Quiet as it’s kept Era, I’m all for Knicks to include Randle and Barrett in any trade scenario for Ben Simmons or Karl Anthony Towns. Loving IQ, Obi Toppin, Grimes, Kemba. Everyone else is expendable. Lol

24 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I am hoping they replay the Bills - Pats game on the NFLN either Tuesday or Wednesday night. An 8:00 start time would be nice. I could watch this game over and over again.

Yeah I’m waiting for my wife to watch it again.  She can’t deal with anymore Bills talk right now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Quiet as it’s kept Era, I’m all for Knicks to include Randle and Barrett in any trade scenario for Ben Simmons or Karl Anthony Towns. Loving IQ, Obi Toppin, Grimes, Kemba. Everyone else is expendable. Lol

I love Grimes.  That was a helluva pick.  Loved him at Kansas and Houston. He’s got the grit tibs needs. 

you really want Ben Simmons?  The guys that refuses to practice shooting?  He’s the biggest embarrassment in the nba by a long shot.  No heart. 

KAT is an exceptional talent and ball player, but there’s a reason that jimmy Butler went off on him the way he did.  He’s soft.  He plays soft too.  Watch him in the final moments of every game.  Standing at the 3 point line waiting.  If they give him the ball inside the arc, he dribbled backwards and shoots J’s even when he’s guarded by smaller defenders. I’m not a fan of his mindset and lack of aggressiveness on the court. 

Edited by NewEra

28 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He really isn’t that accurate. Did you watch today? He missed guys left and right. He had little to no accuracy on balls over 20 yards. His deep balls are basically Hail Marys because he doesn’t have arm strength. Jones might be cerebral like a Fitzpatrick but that will take you so far in this league. The team rallied around him because Belichick encouraged them to do so since Jones is a rookie. Next year when Jones is still limited physically and can’t put the team on his back, how do you think they will respond? The narrative will eventually become either Jones is holding them back or they are winning without great QB play. 
To quote Josh Allen, “you either figure it out, or you get figured out.”. The last couple games are trending towards Jones being figured out. Remember Josh’s rookie year? He looked better and better as the year went on. Not so with Jones. 

What’s with people and saying “ the last couple games” as if the team was blown out and the game was never blue be on?  Against Indy he rebounded and needed 1 dang stop and the Pats win that game. Hell if the Pats D stopped Allen on that last drive  which started with 7 minutes they probably score the go ahead TD. Now against Buffalo that was mostly Harris willing then to victory, but Indy it was Jones making tight accurate throws to bring them back.  

also revisionist history much? Allen looked “better” but he still didn’t look GOOD! While Jones actually went toe to toe with superstars QBs and matched them score for score.. difference? No one schemed to find Allen’s “weakness” his rookie year, they are for Jones. As I have said  before its to early tell how good or bad he will be but if he can adapt with the help of BB and McDaniels he will be fine.  People also forget this is the longest he has ever played for. Rookie year is a tough year for all players.. 

13 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Comparing Jackson to Wallace is like me comparing Dugger to Tre White.. Jackson is our top CB and he dropped 2 easy INT today the first he got burned for a TD the very next play.  

point is Jackson is wanting Gilmore type money but unlike Gilmore seems to puke all over himself in big games. (He dropped 2 last week as well) So more of a “I am so angry with him I want to strangle him” than what if.. 

Jackson’s first “drop” was basically uncatchable — a laser that DBs always drop when playing the Bills because they don’t have good enough hands to be receivers. I can’t tell you how many “drops” like that I’ve seen on Allen passes. He simply throws it a higher velocity than any other qb in the league, and DB drops on those types of mistake throws are almost always the result. You have to factor that in.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Jackson’s first “drop” was basically uncatchable — a laser that DBs always drop when playing the Bills because they don’t have good enough hands to be receivers. I can’t tell you how many “drops” like that I’ve seen on Allen passes. He simply throws it a higher velocity than any other qb in the league, and DB drops on those types of mistake throws are almost always the result. You have to factor that in.

If it was just THIS game and not also last week where he dropped two of Wentz god awful throws I would. What I am seeing is a player who gets smaller in big games.  The only common denominator is they were both BIG Games and he choked in both of them.  

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

What’s with people and saying “ the last couple games” as if the team was blown out and the game was never blue be on?  Against Indy he rebounded and needed 1 dang stop and the Pats win that game. Hell if the Pats D stopped Allen on that last drive  which started with 7 minutes they probably score the go ahead TD. Now against Buffalo that was mostly Harris willing then to victory, but Indy it was Jones making tight accurate throws to bring them back.  

also revisionist history much? Allen looked “better” but he still didn’t look GOOD! While Jones actually went toe to toe with superstars QBs and matched them score for score.. difference? No one schemed to find Allen’s “weakness” his rookie year, they are for Jones. As I have said  before its to early tell how good or bad he will be but if he can adapt with the help of BB and McDaniels he will be fine.  People also forget this is the longest he has ever played for. Rookie year is a tough year for all players.. 

You really need to stick to the Pats with your inaccurate takes. Allen did look good after he came back from his arm injury, especially when you consider who his receivers were.

Jones is showing why he fell to where he did in the draft. He was the readiest QB in the class, but he has a ceiling due to his physical traits. I know you think since TB got better physically, Jones will too. However, there are a ton of guys who never have. I guess you should hold out hope that Jones can be the exception again like TB was, otherwise, you have to face the fact you have a young Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You really need to stick to the Pats with your inaccurate takes. Allen did look good after he came back from his arm injury, especially when you consider who his receivers were.

Jones is showing why he fell to where he did in the draft. He was the readiest QB in the class, but he has a ceiling due to his physical traits. I know you think since TB got better physically, Jones will too. However, there are a ton of guys who never have. I guess you should hold out hope that Jones can be the exception again like TB was, otherwise, you have to face the fact you have a young Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

No one! And I mean no one! Was worried about Allen in his rookie year!  Again he was average at best when he came back but no one was scared face him his rookie year and NO one game planned for his weakness.  To be honest no one was scared of Allen till he had both Diggs and Beasley to throw to. Then he got scary.. not before.. I know you want believe that people thought Allen was a superstar in the making before then, they didn’t. 

again! Judging any WB by their rookie year is foolish.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

BB has no answer for diggs he always takes away your number one WR, but he just can’t figure out diggs in 5 games against NE he has 422 yards and 4 td and one of those games was played in that hurricane 

1 minute ago, 97bills said:

BB has no answer for diggs he always takes away your number one WR, but he just can’t figure out diggs in 5 games against NE he has 422 yards and 4 td and one of those games was played in that hurricane 

In Bill's defense for yesterday's game McKenzie was shredding his D so it was easy to lose focus on Diggs.

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

No one! And I mean no one! Was worried about Allen in his rookie year!  Again he was average at best when he came back but no one was scared face him his rookie year and NO one game planned for his weakness.  To be honest no one was scared of Allen till he had both Diggs and Beasley to throw to. Then he got scary.. not before.. I know you want believe that people thought Allen was a superstar in the making before then, they didn’t. 

again! Judging any WB by their rookie year is foolish.

Zay Jones had his best year as a pro his last year with the Bills with Josh Allen.

John Brown has his best year as a pro with his first year with Josh Allen.

Beasley has his two best years in his first two years with Josh Allen.

Stefon Diggs has his best year ever with his first year with Josh Allen.

Dawson Knox had 0 TD catches in college and now has 9 TD’s and becoming close to a probowl caliber TE.

This isn’t a coincidence.

Many of us who watched the Bills lose to the Dolphins his rookie year where figuratively took the team on his back knew we had our franchise QB.    And to watch him progress all his stats from year 1 to 2 to 3 knew that he was a very special QB in the making.    

Josh Allen would shine for any competent offensive play caller, would they run the same system that they do for Mac Jones?  Of course not, they would open up the playbook and unleash Josh’s unique god given talents.

Mac Jones is a good heady QB, and I think he will have a fine career but he will never be able to make the off-schedule plays or anything close to approaching Josh Allen.   

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

If it was just THIS game and not also last week where he dropped two of Wentz god awful throws I would. What I am seeing is a player who gets smaller in big games.  The only common denominator is they were both BIG Games and he choked in both of them.  

The two biggest drops in the game we’re both by far from bills receivers in the end zone. Those two drops cost the bills what, 8 or 11 points combined?

Never even should’ve been a five point game with seven minutes left.

13 minutes ago, 97bills said:

I’m pretty sure they were 19 - 20 mph winds in the first game last year too. Bills ran the hell out of the ball that game.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills were just unstoppable today on O, and the couple times that Allen made a mistake it literally slipped threw the Pats D hands. (Jackson that big payday just went way down after your less than clutch performance today.)  Today was all about the Bills O who never punted.

That said this is where I expected things to be. Bills are the better team and the Pats are at least a good FA and Draft from truly being a challenger for the division and SB.

Good win for your Bills today and the East is yours for at least one more year. :)

Do you seriously think that McCorkle is leading this team to a Super Bowl?  Ever?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.