Great win for the Bills

PatsFanNH

35 minutes ago, JustHewIt said:

Respect for coming back to take your medicine.  Mac did exactly what he did against a good team last week in Indy--not a whole hell of a lot during meaningful snaps.  You predicted the Pats would get 38 pts against us...not sure where that even came from considering our record against young QBs

Still, again, respect for coming back to take it.  You've been a good poster on this board for a long time.

I predicted a shoot out as I didn’t expect either team stop the other. I was half right. They probably score 28 if Jackson doesn’t drop a dang easy INT.. so I wasn’t terribly far off, I also did the prediction before I knew Bourne would miss all week of practice and Agalor be gone and we wouldn’t have Stevenson.. I probably would have said 28 lol… (I kid I love my team so I over guessed)

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Last I checked it took the entire O to be successful. That said the O did make it 26-21 with 7 minutes to go and the D still couldn’t find a way to stop the Bills. Again I am much more upset with the Pats D performance than the O’s.

Right. Honest note Mac has questions. Allen had question's as well in his rookie But in all a solid rookie season for him.  Still way to early to judge Mac. I'll give him 3 years like I do with lots of QBS. I think all the shorter stuff and run game hurt Bill Bellichick.  Area Buffalo Bill's struggled it's beautiful how they improved and becoming a strength (figured out). This keeps coming Buffalo Bill's might be a team to look for this year and on forward. Building upon there weakness. Covid can still make a impact lots of teams this year. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Right. Honest note Mac has questions. Allen had question's as well in his rookie But in all a solid rookie season for him.  Still way to early to judge Mac. I'll give him 3 years like I do with lots of QBS. I think all the shorter stuff and run game hurt Bill Bellichick.  Area Buffalo Bill's struggled it's beautiful how they improved and becoming a strength (figured out). This keeps coming Buffalo Bill's might be a team to look for this year and on forward. Building upon there weakness. Covid can still make a impact lots of teams this year. 

Bills. Got gashed by Harris a lot this game. (Over 108 yards 3 TD’s and 5.7 yards a carry)  It hurt not having Stevenson (the 2nd back) not saying it changes the outcome because the Pats D couldn’t stop Allen & Co.

I agree to early tell if Jones be good , bad. Or great. I think for a rookie year where you put your team in a spot to tie or take the lead late in the fourth if your D makes one stop in every loss is pretty good for a rookie.  (Fumble by Harris, missed FG, D unable stop Dac with 35 seconds, down by 8 to NO, 22-17 to Indy, and today 26-21.) My point is right now he doesn’t seem to poop himself when it’s pressure time in the fourth. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

I disagree with you there. He is a rookie who has to adapt after teams know what he likes to do. If he can adapt he will be fine. 

I was much more disappointed in the D than the O. Sorry not forcing at least one punt is unacceptable.  (I literally yelled at the TV when Jackson dropped that INT thrown right to him with 7 minutes left.   I had to apologize for teaching my 7 year old nephew a new bad word lol)

Solid reply. Jones certainly has exceeded most people's expectations. It's really too early to say how his career develops. He seems to be really intelligent and a superior system QB. He clearly lacks arm strength which probably will keep him from being elite. With that said, I can see him leading the Pats to many victories under the right circumstances. Let's be honest, right now BB doesn't really ask Jones to win him games. It's about the run game and defense. His main job is to protect the ball, manage the game, and make a few timely passes. He's a rookie so it's completely understandable. He doesn't have the skill set of Allen. However, we Bills fans quickly forget Josh's rookie year. Enough said there. Additionally, the wide receiver core of the Pats are very subpar.

Many more battles. We welcome civility. Thanks for your input. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I see a smart player who gets rid of the ball quickly and accurately but has a decided lack of arm strength that will never allow him to truly be an elite QB.

I see him as Chad Pennington lite...you can make the playoffs with him, but he will never be the reason you win a game there.

For what it's worth, I see why the Pats only let him attempt 3 passes last game.

I think this is spot on. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills. Got gashed by Harris a lot this game. (Over 108 yards 3 TD’s and 5.7 yards a carry)  It hurt not having Stevenson (the 2nd back) not saying it changes the outcome because the Pats D couldn’t stop Allen & Co.

I agree to early tell if Jones be good , bad. Or great. I think for a rookie year where you put your team in a spot to tie or take the lead late in the fourth if your D makes one stop in every loss is pretty good for a rookie.  (Fumble by Harris, missed FG, D unable stop Dac with 35 seconds, down by 8 to NO, 22-17 to Indy, and today 26-21.) My point is right now he doesn’t seem to poop himself when it’s pressure time in the fourth. 

I've been very critical of Jones - but mainly because the hype was so over the top.

We won't know on any of the rookie QB's for a few years.  I don't really know where Jones will end up.  Probably somewhere between the hype & how he looked today.

I don’t know I think if the D actually stops the Bills on that last drive, or Jackson actually holds onto the ball he leads them for the go ahead TD.. that doesn’t mean they win but I think he would have.. but then again the D sucked for the Pats.. (and probably because Allen made them look that way)

What about Wallace’s dropped INT in the end zone. The what if game is boring. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I believe Mac Jones will continue to improve, but his ceiling is not nearly what Josh Allen's ceiling is because Josh just has a broader and more elite skill set.  Buffalo has a chance to have something of an AFC East dynasty because of that, but it will depend on smart management of the cap and surrounding Allen with quality players.  I think the Bills' coaching is good enough to keep them in control in the AFC East if they can keep the other parts in place.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

1-10 on 3rd down-  that’s what lost the game.

i was yelling at the TV when Levi drop the ball the hit him in both hands.  

Preaching, I swore when Jackson dropped a game CHANGING INT in the fourth.  

we will disagree on what lost the game.. I’d say the D not forcing a punt was much more problematic than 1-10 on 3rd down especially when they converted on like 4 fourth downs. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

With his middling physical skill set he needs to have lethal accuracy to make it in this league and I just don't see him ever getting to that level. He has good accuracy but not elite. Career backup or bridge QB.

I mean the guy is a rookie QB wno hasn't even played a full season. Sure he doesn't have elite arm strength. Imho, that keeps him from being elite. However, he looks the part of a very good game manager who can take a very good team deep into the playoffs. He should only improve with more experience and better Wrs. 

I mean remember the book on Allen? He's not accurate enough to bevelite despite his big arm. Lots of Cam comparisons. 

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

He is nothing like Fitz because he doesn't gun-sling the football.  

That said, in the safe cocoon of the Pats* organization he is a decent game manager.  He does not make a lot of mistakes, he makes the easy throws.  

He plays like a Tyrod Taylor type of player, maybe a Ryan Tannehill at his highest level.  

I agree. 

8 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

What about Wallace’s dropped INT in the end zone. The what if game is boring. 

Comparing Jackson to Wallace is like me comparing Dugger to Tre White.. Jackson is our top CB and he dropped 2 easy INT today the first he got burned for a TD the very next play.  

point is Jackson is wanting Gilmore type money but unlike Gilmore seems to puke all over himself in big games. (He dropped 2 last week as well) So more of a “I am so angry with him I want to strangle him” than what if.. 

Edited by PatsFanNH

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Preaching, I swore when Jackson dropped a game CHANGING INT in the fourth.  

we will disagree on what lost the game.. I’d say the D not forcing a punt was much more problematic than 1-10 on 3rd down especially when they converted on like 4 fourth downs. 

Yeah, I swore when Levi dropped the game ENDING INT at the end of the 3rd qtr.  

i hear ya regarding the main reason we won. Every outcome has multiple reasons for it.   Not forcing a punt is terrible.  Not continuing drives when the opposition is driving up and down the field @ will is also terrible.  The Patriot offense was poor (imo) in a game where they had to be great.  

i really think the biggest reason we won is our OL played a great game and gave Josh time to be josh.  McD out coaches Belichick (who was way too vanilla on D)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

I think you are looking past his faults.  Jones was awful today.  Inaccurate, panicked at times.  He has his moments, yes, but by in large he was very poor.  His lack of arm strength was obvious, he made some very bad reads, some very inaccurate passes, and some panicked throws.  When it counted  in the first three quarters he could not help his team.  Your defense was not the primary culprit today.  It is just that they played a better team, with a very good offense and just as good a defense  and the faults in their D showed.  The bigger problem is the offense for NE. Ultimately, they could not hide Jones’ faults today.  

I think it was a total team loss by the Pats. Jones shares in the blame. However, the Pats D never forced the Bills to punt. They didn't create any turnovers and their offense dropped several passes. The Pats haven't asked the rookie QB to win them games. At this point in his early career he's a game manager. Imho, the game was a bit too quick for his eyes today just as it was for Allen early on. Don't get me wrong he's no Allen. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, I swore when Levi dropped the game ENDING INT at the end of the 3rd qtr.  

i hear ya regarding the main reason we won. Every outcome has multiple reasons for it.   Not forcing a punt is terrible.  Not continuing drives when the opposition is driving up and down the field @ will is also terrible.  The Patriot offense was poor (imo) in a game where they had to be great.  

i really think the biggest reason we won is our OL played a great game and gave Josh time to be josh.  McD out coaches Belichick (who was way too vanilla on D)

The Bills were the better team today, plain and simple. I am glad my team never gave up and fought back into the game.  (I swore because Jackson has dropped 4 INT in 2 weeks.. someone is going to overpay for him)

My Pats are where I thought they be 10-11 win wildcard team. 

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I think it was a total team loss right he Pats. Jones shares in the blame. However, the Pats D never forced the Bills to punt. They didn't create any turnovers and their offense dropped several passes. The Pats haven't asked the rookie QB to win them games. At this point in his early career he's a game manager. Imho, the game was a bit too quick for his eyes today just as it was for Allen early on. Don't get me wrong he's no Allen. 

Agreed, I blame the D more because this team was built for them to win games and well they couldn’t stop anything Allen was doing today. (And as I pointed out our top CB had been dropping way way to many INT these last 2 weeks, 2 of the biggest games of the year.)

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I think you are making the same mistake many a Bills fan, including myself, have made with their QBs.  They show a little promise so we think its just a matter of growing and getting more help.  I just don't see anything more than a game manager in Jones.  He is a young Fitzpatrick IMO.  Good enough to win some games and keep the fans and the team interested but not good enough to win it all without the 85 Bears defense.

I mean I could be wrong but I don't think so.

This is exactly right. Every week he is getting exposed. They will waste another year or two doing what the Bills did for 20, “if we just get better weapons or he gets a little more comfortable in the system, we can win with this guy”. No they can’t. He is physically very limited. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I mean didn't Bills fans do the same thing QB after QB. Tyrod, EJ, Trent Edwards, JP Losman, and Rob Johnson...

Yes, and they were wrong. The one thing you want to see from a rookie QB is improvement as the year goes on. I haven't seen that from Jones. The last two games were two of his worst this season. The comparison I would use is Joe Burrow. Burrow also came into the league with a middling athletic profile. But he showed off that lethal accuracy last year and improved his decision making as the year went on until his unfortunate injury. Jones is kind of the same guy he was on day one. He is already a decent game manager which is commendable... I just don't see the upside to move beyond that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I predicted a shoot out as I didn’t expect either team stop the other. I was half right. They probably score 28 if Jackson doesn’t drop a dang easy INT.. so I wasn’t terribly far off, I also did the prediction before I knew Bourne would miss all week of practice and Agalor be gone and we wouldn’t have Stevenson.. I probably would have said 28 lol… (I kid I love my team so I over guessed)

Here's the thing. The Bills dropped a few int's and td's

I will watch to see what mac becomes. Good game! 

Edited by Sharky7337

31 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This is exactly right. Every week he is getting exposed. They will waste another year or two doing what the Bills did for 20, “if we just get better weapons or he gets a little more comfortable in the system, we can win with this guy”. No they can’t. He is physically very limited. 

Hopefully they sign him to big long term contract. Tomorrow. :)

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills were the better team today, plain and simple. I am glad my team never gave up and fought back into the game.  (I swore because Jackson has dropped 4 INT in 2 weeks.. someone is going to overpay for him)

My Pats are where I thought they be 10-11 win wildcard team. 

Agreed, I blame the D more because this team was built for them to win games and well they couldn’t stop anything 

This is pretty much how I see it. Not even mad at all about today's game...

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I think you are making the same mistake many a Bills fan, including myself, have made with their QBs.  They show a little promise so we think its just a matter of growing and getting more help.  I just don't see anything more than a game manager in Jones.  He is a young Fitzpatrick IMO.  Good enough to win some games and keep the fans and the team interested but not good enough to win it all without the 85 Bears defense.

I mean I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Fitzpatrick has moxie. 

Jones is Drew Bledsoe with a noodle arm. Maybe a little more mobility. Not much. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

Hey, just wanted to check if Jackson dropped an interception?  Didn't see it posted

That's what I'm saying those are the breaks of the game, I mean if Diggs doesn't drop that touchdown in the first game we sweep the Patsy's this year. I have no idea why the pats fan keeps bringing the drop up. Dude dropped it same as Levi did in the endzone, that's life in the NFL. The better team clearly won today dropped int or not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

He is nothing like Fitz because he doesn't gun-sling the football.  

That said, in the safe cocoon of the Pats* organization he is a decent game manager.  He does not make a lot of mistakes, he makes the easy throws.  

He plays like a Tyrod Taylor type of player, maybe a Ryan Tannehill at his highest level.  

Disagree.  Fitz was good because he was smart.  He understood every offense and read the defense well.  What he lacked was arm strength.  Mac is smart and understands the Pats offense and what they are asking from him.  What he lacks is arm strength.  

• Disagree 1

44 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yes, and they were wrong. The one thing you want to see from a rookie QB is improvement as the year goes on. I haven't seen that from Jones. The last two games were two of his worst this season. The comparison I would use is Joe Burrow. Burrow also came into the league with a middling athletic profile. But he showed off that lethal accuracy last year and improved his decision making as the year went on until his unfortunate injury. Jones is kind of the same guy he was on day one. He is already a decent game manager which is commendable... I just don't see the upside to move beyond that.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Comparing Burrows to Jones isn't really fair though. Burrows by all accounts and hands down was and is a much much better QB. 

Secondly, my point is what do you expect Pats fans to say? Of course, they are going to be hopeful and see the positive things in Jones. The Pats fan summed it up pretty well. 

4 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

That's what I'm saying those are the breaks of the game, I mean if Diggs doesn't drop that touchdown in the first game we sweep the Patsy's this year. I have no idea why the pats fan keeps bringing the drop up. Dude dropped it same as Levi did in the endzone, that's life in the NFL. The better team clearly won today dropped int or not.

If I had a dollar for every time I sat there after a Patriots game on a Sunday night making myself feel better by telling myself that the bills really could have won it if Whitner held onto the interception, or if they called Brady for grounding the one time,  or if McKelvin didn't fumble, or if Donald Jones didn't drop it, etc... I could probably buy a video game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This is why having a strong run game doesnt mean much unless the defense is the 85 bears.  As soon as you come up against an offense that can score, the running game means nothing.  You guys literally killed your own clock with 7+ minute drives.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I disagree with you there. He is a rookie who has to adapt after teams know what he likes to do. If he can adapt he will be fine. 

I was much more disappointed in the D than the O. Sorry not forcing at least one punt is unacceptable.  (I literally yelled at the TV when Jackson dropped that INT thrown right to him with 7 minutes left.   I had to apologize for teaching my 7 year old nephew a new bad word lol)

That’s about what my reaction was when Levi Wallace dropped an INT through his hands.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Are you telling me that you wouldn't trade Mac Jones straight up for Allen right now?

Of course...But that doesn't mean we need to be envious of him or the bills. 

Some here don't want to put things into perspective n get offended when others do...I try to keep it as logical as possible. I can't act like the sky is fallen after every lost.

Edited by Ghost_002!

Don’t forget Buffalo dropping a TD pass on 4th down, having a TD called back by penalty, or Levi Wallace dropping an INT.

Or Buffalo not having 2 of its top 4 WRs, or then losing a starting OL during the game.

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This is why having a strong run game doesnt mean much unless the defense is the 85 bears.  As soon as you come up against an offense that can score, the running game means nothing.  You guys literally killed your own clock with 7+ minute drives.

We didn’t need the ‘85 bears D we just needed one that made the Bills punt 1 or 2 times.  No team is going to win a game their D doesn’t make one punt happen. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.