Why the Bills wont make the playoffs.

jjmac

9 minutes ago, Bruce Smith said:

Nope.  AFC south and AFC west will have multiple teams in.  AFC North may have two in as well.  That loss to Pitts gonna hurt

Pitt likely going to lose-out. No worries there. 

We'll get in with 10-7 but we'll go 11-6

book it 

5 minutes ago, Bruce Smith said:

Nope.  AFC south and AFC west will have multiple teams in.  AFC North may have two in as well.  That loss to Pitts gonna hurt

Have you seen the schedule over the next 4 weeks?

LAC - Chiefs, Texans Broncos Raiders

IND - Pats, Cardinals, Raiders, Jags

CLE - Raiders, Packers, Steelers, Bengals

CIN - Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs, Browns

DEN - Browns, Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs

All those team will devour each other while we play 2 NFC teams, Jets and Patriots.

The Bills should make the playoffs if they win 3 of their last 4 games.  Having said that...I think the SB winner is in the NFC this year.  I don't see any AFC team that is a cut above the top 3 teams in the NFC.  Having said that...week to week...I don't see any team that is a clear cut champion, and after today's game, the refs can definitely have a say so.  

18 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Have you seen the schedule over the next 4 weeks?

LAC - Chiefs, Texans Broncos Raiders

IND - Pats, Cardinals, Raiders, Jags

CLE - Raiders, Packers, Steelers, Bengals

CIN - Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs, Browns

DEN - Browns, Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs

All those team will devour each other while we play 2 NFC teams, Jets and Patriots.

Thanks for posting that.

It doesn't seem conceivable that we could miss out, even w/ 7 losses.  

The Bills have 4 more games.  They have to use that 2nd half as fuel. Hopefully Allen is healthy - I think we still have a run in us.

3 minutes ago, Haze_21 said:

They will still win the division if joshs ankle is fine i am going to put some doubloons on it tomorrow. We have been really unlucky and mismanaged in crunch time. Pats will lose to us and colts. Bills win out and get division

Help me understand how the Bills will beat the Patriots?  Very interested to hear that.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, chaccof said:

Help me understand how the Bills will beat the Patriots?  Very interested to hear that.  

They have no downfield passing game. We played them in a blizzard. Coaches played like cowards and hopefully are aware now. Josh is going god mode

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, chaccof said:

I wouldn't guarantee it - but I like our chances in that game.

They won the game that was perfect for their style - barely.  Not that they can't pass the ball, but if the Bills take any kind of lead or it's a shootout, they should win a game like that.

If the Bills only win 3/4 playoffs get very dicey.

I just did a simulator of how I thought the games would go. Final standings were:

1. Tenn (13-4)

2. KC (13-4)

3. NE (12-5)

4. Cin (10-7)

5. LAC (11-6)

6. Indy (10-7)

7. Bal (10-7)

———————

8. Buf (10-7)

If LAC, Cin, and Indy go 3-1 to end the year and Bal goes 2-2, then we’re out.

It actually might be better for NE to beat Indy next week, because then Indy could lose vs Arizona the week after that and probably be out. I guess it depends on how much people care about a home playoff game.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

The Bills should make the playoffs if they win 3 of their last 4 games.  Having said that...I think the SB winner is in the NFC this year.  I don't see any AFC team that is a cut above the top 3 teams in the NFC.  Having said that...week to week...I don't see any team that is a clear cut champion, and after today's game, the refs can definitely have a say so.  

I don’t care. We have a mediocre record but I still feel the Bills can beat any team in this league. In fact, I expect them to win. I did today, and I will continue to. The Bills get in and it’s a new season. Look out.

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I just did a simulator of how I thought the games would go. Final standings were:

1. Tenn (13-4)

2. KC (13-4)

3. NE (12-5)

4. Cin (10-7)

5. LAC (11-6)

6. Indy (10-7)

7. Bal (10-7)

———————

8. Buf (10-7)

Just curious, the Bengals have the following schedule: @Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs, @Browns.

Can you tell me what 3 games you have them winning?

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I don’t care. We have a mediocre record but I still feel the Bills can beat any team in this league. In fact, I expect them to win. I did today, and I will continue to. The Bills get in and it’s a new season. Look out.

You know Beast...I was just thinking that if the Bills could play like they did in the second half the rest of the way...barring one-sided officiating, we could beat anyone.  It's their dang inconsistency that is so mind boggling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

How do people feel so confident still about just casually ripping off 3 or 4 wins to end the year? They haven’t won 2 games in a row since week 5. I really think we are out. 7-6 is inexcusable and this team is way to inconsistent to just assume stringing these wins. At this point, if we get in I will be thrilled but I’m pretty sure we aren’t getting in. Not making the playoffs in a season where you were the super bowl favorite is disgraceful 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

1. Tenn (13-4)

2. KC (13-4)

3. NE (12-5)

4. Cin (10-7)

5. LAC (11-6)

6. Indy (10-7)

7. Bal (10-7)

———————

8. Buf (10-7)

It actually might be better for NE to beat Indy next week, because then Indy could lose vs Arizona the week after that and probably be out. I guess it depends on how much people care about a home playoff game.

The Ravens are winning 1 game, max. 0-4 is very possible.

Doesn't matter anyways, the Bills are still winning the division.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, benderbender said:

The most Billsy outcome is a statement win @ the Pats but a mystifying loss to Atlanta. Not sure why everyone looks past them. They play everyone hard and the TE of the future we can't cover.

Why do people always say that? When do the Bills beat these good teams? The bills’ish thing is to not close out a close game and just break your ***** heart. Not beat a really good team and not lose to a ***** team. Those things both barely ever happen

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

37 minutes ago, Bruce Smith said:

It is my thread, not yours.  

If you take a look at the first post,  you will see that it is mine.  However, I’m not here to quibble. I just want to know if a mod had an objection to my thread title.  

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Technically they are 0-6 I think, KC had a losing record at they time they played each other 

This is not how that stat is calculated, otherwise it would be virtually meaningless and assign zero value to early season games, which count equally in the standings to late season games. 

If the Phins and Skins end up 9-8, it gets better, as it should 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

If you are fine with simply making the playoffs then go ahead and continue to support this mediocrity. You can’t fail this spectacularly with a team picked to go the Super Bowl. 

This will come as a shock to you. You have to make the playoffs to win the Superbowl. 

I am just looking at next week. Give me a Colts win at home vs NE and a Bills win. The Colts can definitely beat the Pats at home and the Bills SHOULD beat the Panthers at home. That sets up 8-6 Buffalo at 9-5 New England with first place on the line in two weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Bruce Smith said:

The Bills beat up on bad teams and run up the score and get overrated because of it.  TN beat Jax and Indy twice.  Let that sink in.  We lost to both.  They have like 90 guys on IR.  And we think we lost to them with a slip.  Wake up.  

That's really it, isn't it.  Even if the Bills, through absolutely no fault of their own, end up backing into the playoffs at 9-8 or 10-7.   I dont see 10-7 because that requires that they win 3 more games.  Anyway, has anyone seen anything from this team over the last 2 months that suggests they can compete in January against physical running teams?  Because that's what they're going to get in the playoffs.  It might be better for them to miss the playoffs entirely and force them to come to terms with their problems rather than getting blown out in the playoffs but clinging to "well we've gotten into the playoffs 3 years in a row"

This team has some fundamental issues that require major renovation to the roster.  Keeping this team intact going into next year would be malpractice.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Haze_21 said:

They have no downfield passing game. We played them in a blizzard. Coaches played like cowards and hopefully are aware now. Josh is going god mode

I think several teams have proved you don't need a downfield passing game to beat the Bills.  You only need to pound it on the ground and eventually (sooner it seems rather than later) the defense will give up a big run.   And the weather could be nasty in NE as well - won't know that for a few more days.  Anyway, I don't see this as a win - like it or not, the Patriots, who I personally thought would suck for at least a couple years, are back.  

23 hours ago, Bruce Smith said:

The Bills beat up on bad teams and run up the score and get overrated because of it.  TN beat Jax and Indy twice.  Let that sink in.  We lost to both.  They have like 90 guys on IR.  And we think we lost to them with a slip.  Wake up.  

They didn’t when we played them I don’t see how that’s relevant when they lose aj brown Julio jones and Derrick Henry after we play them. They lost to the jets and got absolutely smoked by NE without those guys so you could play this ‘how they performed against other teams’ game in both directions. I wouldn’t say we’re overrated at all I think we’ve got potential to put it together but I’d say right now the product on the field most people see is a fringe playoff team which matches the record 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.