Does AJ Epenesa exist?

FireChans

I had such high hopes for him after week 2 and all the talk he got in training camp.  He has not been very noticeable for most of the year.  One thing that will help determine the long term success of this regime is their willingness to move on from a guy regardless of where they drafted them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I honestly could see him traded in the offseason.

We took two.....TWO defensive linemen with our top picks.   You dont do that when you just used your top pick the previous year on the same position unless there is some doubt.

Trade him....draft another or get one of these free agents.

why would someone trade for him ? 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, Buffalo ruined him losing weight. He was promising coming out of Iowa. Thick boy with heavy hands playing at a good weight.

I'm officially off the small "twitchy" or "fast" lineman train. Im not gonna drink the koolaid anymore. I want DEs that are 280LBs.  I want 3T at 300-310 and 1T at 320-340LBs. 

McDermott preaches gap integrity and yet let's Beane draft small guys. How are our small defensive lineman supposed to keep gap integrity? Or our small linebackers? You have to have size somewhere.

Edited by delirious
  • Like (+1) 2

On 12/7/2021 at 6:40 PM, Teddy KGB said:

why would someone trade for him ? 

Can't recall the guys name, but the Bills traded a very useless offensive lineman to NE two years ago, so anything is possible.  Having said that not sure ready to give up on him either.  Maybe he does need to put weight back on as suggested in this thread Knox didn't look very good after two years either.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can't recall the guys name, but the Bills traded a very useless offensive lineman to NE two years ago, so anything is possible.  Having said that not sure ready to give up on him either.  Maybe he does need to put weight back on as suggested in this thread Knox didn't look very good after two years either.

Bodine

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Important news bulletin:

It appears that AJ has gone so far as to fake a sister in order to keep this ruse alive. This begs the question, why does “AJ” need to go to elaborate lengths to “prove” he is exists? Is he DB Cooper? Jimmy Hoffa? 

I will continue to follow this potentially national news story.

This guy has been an abject failure. He has 2 games to show Beane's proper use of high draft choice. He's got speed but he lacks the physicality to get pressures or be a force in the run or screen game. Maybe He's struggling with an injury. Hopefully he plays with aggression and a sense of urgency. If we want to advance past the 1st rd, this defense has to make a statement these last 2 games.

26 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Important news bulletin:

It appears that AJ has gone so far as to fake a sister in order to keep this ruse alive. This begs the question, why does “AJ” need to go to elaborate lengths to “prove” he is exists? Is he DB Cooper? Jimmy Hoffa? 

I will continue to follow this potentially national news story.

Yes I would 

5 hours ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

This guy has been an abject failure. He has 2 games to show Beane's proper use of high draft choice. He's got speed but he lacks the physicality to get pressures or be a force in the run or screen game. Maybe He's struggling with an injury. Hopefully he plays with aggression and a sense of urgency. If we want to advance past the 1st rd, this defense has to make a statement these last 2 games.

People were on Harrison Phillips’ case and he seems to have turned it around so you never know what’ll happen…he’s got some time to prove himself still 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

People were on Harrison Phillips’ case and he seems to have turned it around so you never know what’ll happen…he’s got some time to prove himself still 

I agree with the idea of not calling him a bust yet, but he needs to contribute down the stretch and in the playoffs because this team  with disproportionate investment on the D-line at the expense of fortifying our O-line and RB depth, must get more production out of AJ, Rousseau and Boogie. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.