Does AJ Epenesa exist?

FireChans

59 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

People were on Harrison Phillips’ case and he seems to have turned it around so you never know what’ll happen…he’s got some time to prove himself still 

Goof example. Hopefully Harrison doesn’t cost too much considering he was playing less than 25% of the plays or not dressing through week 9.  He’s been more than solid since than though.  3-5M per for Harry or he gonna be more now?

Just now, NewEra said:

Goof example. Hopefully Harrison doesn’t cost too much considering he was playing less than 25% of the plays or not dressing through week 9.  He’s been more than solid since than though.  3-5M per for Harry or he gonna be more now?

I'd expect he's in the 6-8.5 range. I think something around 7.5 for 4 would be about right. Remember the cap is escalating quickly. The Bills also get some breathing room with pandemic cap jail ending thanks to the new TV deal. 

8 hours ago, Malazan said:

I'd expect he's in the 6-8.5 range. I think something around 7.5 for 4 would be about right. Remember the cap is escalating quickly. The Bills also get some breathing room with pandemic cap jail ending thanks to the new TV deal. 

Yeah...Shaq Lawson got a. 4 year40M deal.....that is 10M a year/...  DT and DEs are expensive

• Agree 1

On 12/7/2021 at 2:58 PM, FireChans said:

Just trying to figure out if he’s real or like a computer generated Madden player or something. I see him on the website as a Bill. Not sure I’ve ever seen him play.

Yes, he exists. He was loudly lauded by coaches and teammates for the leap that he made year 1 to 2.

Unfortunately it seems as though that leap might have been off a short pier. 

• Haha (+1) 6

On 12/7/2021 at 3:06 PM, par73 said:

Watched him at Iowa, he looked like a mid-late round pick. Just a bad selection in the 2nd round (there have been a few of these under this regime).

Ohhh you said bad words about Beane’s drafting, you are in troubbbble!  Personally, I couldn’t agree more, lots of suspect picks.

18 hours ago, Malazan said:

No way Harry is getting that much, he’s a low end replacement.  He’ll be lucky to get 3.5 a year.  Wouldn’t be shocked to see him back at vet min for 1 year.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Do ANY of us exist?

Or are all apparent forms and faces merely the temporary, impermanent, spontaneous, ecstatic, undulating dance of of the eternal one? The cosmic play and constant change of the changeless one, empty of any self-essence or inherent reality. Are you really who you think you are? Is it possible that form, sensation, perception, cognition, and mental formations are illusory? Are you anything more than one locust of awareness representing a single, infinitesimal portion of a vast, formless suchness that pervades -- nay, comprises -- all that is? Are you wave, particle, both, or neither? 

But yes, AJ Epenesa does need to get better.

• Like (+1) 1

Unfortunately, we have grossly overpaid for the production of our defensive line.

If we don't get more inside run stopping, edge containment and quarterback pressure, we are in for a short post season.

The Tre'Davious White injury makes their performance a necessity.

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

No way Harry is getting that much, he’s a low end replacement.  He’ll be lucky to get 3.5 a year.  Wouldn’t be shocked to see him back at vet min for 1 year.

I think you underestimate Harry and the cost of defensive line players under the increased salary cap. I believe he can get close to Shaq Lawson money in free agency. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I think you underestimate Harry and the cost of defensive line players under the increased salary cap. I believe he can get close to Shaq Lawson money in free agency. 

The guy has never been healthy and been a  moderately effective rotational player for about half a season.  Shaq had a very productive year, generating sacks, the year before he hit FA.  There’s absolutely no comparison, nobody is paying him big money.

1 minute ago, Arkady Renko said:

I'd recommend the Bills trade away all of their 2nd Round picks going forward because they seem to struggle to make the right ones.  

Might as well toss in 3rd rounders they intend to draft RBs with too.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Unfortunately, we have grossly overpaid for the production of our defensive line.

If we don't get more inside run stopping, edge containment and quarterback pressure, we are in for a short post season.

The Tre'Davious White injury makes their performance a necessity.

Really need the DEs to get to the QB, I actually think they do almost too well at edge containment, in that they never get inside the edge in the first place.  At very least Groot gets to runners out there.  Everyone else seems to miss them even as they are right there.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Do ANY of us exist?

Or are all apparent forms and faces merely the temporary, impermanent, spontaneous, ecstatic, undulating dance of of the eternal one? The cosmic play and constant change of the changeless one, empty of any self-essence or inherent reality. Are you really who you think you are? Is it possible that form, sensation, perception, cognition, and mental formations are illusory? Are you anything more than one locust of awareness representing a single, infinitesimal portion of a vast, formless suchness that pervades -- nay, comprises -- all that is? Are you wave, particle, both, or neither? 

But yes, AJ Epenesa does need to get better.

Wow. Did you watch the Matrix again???😱

file-20190205-86224-8g8wxm.thumb.jpg.e5bc187d3620f07a8516772309e94f76.jpg

It's early, but a former 2nd rounder receiving less than a third of snaps on defense with even less production probably won't be the value people thought on draft day.

He's already the 4th option in the DE rotation and well behind Rousseau in snap counts on the season (49% to 31%).   

• Like (+1) 1

I am not going to call him a bust just yet but it’s not looking good. I know there are a lot of vets and a recent 1st round pick ahead of him but he can’t crack this deep rotation it shows what the coaching staff thinks of him thus far. Still time to work on himself the rest of this season, the off-season and camp next season to try and figure it out. But this team needs to figure out AJ sooner rather than later.

On 12/7/2021 at 2:58 PM, FireChans said:

Just trying to figure out if he’s real or like a computer generated Madden player or something. I see him on the website as a Bill. Not sure I’ve ever seen him play.

If Star is “Mr. Undependable” AJ is “The Invisible Man.”  You barely notice him on the field.  

The last time we saw AJ in action he was owned by WR on K’Neal Harry on Harris’s 63 yard TD run.  I think he was inactive for a few weeks before getting COVID.

The fact that AJ has been a healthy scratch on and off for 2 seasons is a terrible sign that he’s closer to a JAG than a solid starter 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.