Does AJ Epenesa exist?

FireChans

other than the first Miami it has been a quiet season for AJ - is he a backup going into next season ?  Bigger question (and dolllars) do we need Hughes back for another season ?  Addison no but Jerry ? McD  and Beane going to have to prioritize the lines once again...

Edited by First Round Bust

hes another one of our just above replacement level rotation guys on the DL.  the depth really does help our pass D, they don't get a lot of sacks but they can get some pressure while not totally falling below their normal standard vs the run (not the greatest standard, but still a very good overall D)

the issue i have with him and groot and boogie and even oliver is that they are on the bench the majority of the time on D because of our rotation, while brown being out meant we had disasters at 3-5 of our oline positions.  just poor allotment of draft capital, not to mention vet contracts.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You’re right. I found him like Where’s Waldo in the play below.

He definitely dominated the edge getting taken out of the play by a WR. 

The more times I watch this, the more chaos I notice.  It’s like every defensive player intentionally ran the wrong way without any regard for where the guy with the ball was.  Epenesa, Edmunds, Milano, and Hyde all just sorta ran in random directions.  Dodson is the only one who did his job.  He took on the FB and forced Harris into what should have been a clean gap for Edmunds.  Then all hell broke loose.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I honestly could see him traded in the offseason.

We took two.....TWO defensive linemen with our top picks.   You dont do that when you just used your top pick the previous year on the same position unless there is some doubt.

Trade him....draft another or get one of these free agents.

Second round picks who can’t see the field or play are generally hot on the trade market. Phones have been ringing off the hook for Cody Ford.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Guess you didnt watch him set the hell out of the edge last night.

Hell of a job setting the edge against a team that consistently ran straight up the middle.  He wasn't setting the edge, he was being contained from engaging. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.