Quietly the Dolphins are the 2nd hottest team in the AFC right now

FilthyBeast

26 minutes ago, Groin said:

I remember a day when certain Bills fans opined that we should bring in Jay Cutler because he was better than EJ (not really a debatable point).  At the end of the day, though, and I have no idea how this Bills' season will play out, you see the difference between drafting The Guy and recycling.

I put Watson up there with someone like Brees before he went to the Saints.  Cutler was never at that level.

• Agree 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I put Watson up there with someone like Brees before he went to the Saints.  Cutler was never at that level.

True, but you need a guy.  Is Watson that guy, in particular if he can't keep it in his pants?  The Dolphins need to figure it out, just like every other team needs to figure it out.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

5 straight wins, dominant defense and Tua is finally rounding into form playing the best football of his career so far. Some real young stars on the rise in Phillips and Waddle on both sides of the ball to boot.

Combined with the Patriots that's 11 straight wins and no one is going to want to play this team either if they get into the tourney.

Thankfully for the Bills they have already swept them and have key tiebreakers but this division is looking to be very strong next year even if the Jets don't improve. Assuming the Bills don't end up winning the division this year it's going to be a major missed opportunity in hindsight.

Tua only managed a whole 5.95 yards per attempt today because his receivers bailed him out on his poorly thrown "deep" balls in the 4th quarter.  Up til that point he was at 5 ypa with few passes making it further than 3 yards past the LoS.

His noodle arm and 90% check down playbook don't scare me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Tua only managed a whole 5.95 yards per attempt today because his receivers bailed him out on his poorly thrown "deep" balls in the 4th quarter.  Up til that point he was at 5 ypa with few passes making it further than 3 yards past the LoS.

His noodle arm and 90% check down playbook don't scare me.

Correct answer

• Like (+1) 1

5 straight wins, dominant defense and Tua is finally rounding into form playing the best football of his career so far. Some real young stars on the rise in Phillips and Waddle on both sides of the ball to boot.

Combined with the Patriots that's 11 straight wins and no one is going to want to play this team either if they get into the tourney.

Thankfully for the Bills they have already swept them and have key tiebreakers but this division is looking to be very strong next year even if the Jets don't improve. Assuming the Bills don't end up winning the division this year it's going to be a major missed opportunity in hindsight.

Good insight HighFootballIQ

Maybe you were a year late with your Dolphins love, huh?

I'll be worried when they figure out to not lose by more than a TD to the Bills. Actually, that would have to at least beat the Bills first to get my attention. They are going through their easy stretch like the Bills did earlier this year. Difference is they aren't winning by an average margin of 28 points.

but it's not unrealistic to say the Bills are 3rd best team in their own division right now based on how all 3 teams have played in the last month respectively.

Oh for the love of God!

LOL.

• Haha (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Good insight HighFootballIQ

Maybe you were a year late with your Dolphins love, huh?

I'll be worried when they figure out to not lose by more than a TD to the Bills. Actually, that would have to at least beat the Bills first to get my attention. They are going through their easy stretch like the Bills did earlier this year. Difference is they aren't winning by an average margin of 28 points.

Oh for the love of God!

LOL.

Haha I didn’t see that he said the bills are the third best team in the division 😂 I think the pats might be third honestly let’s see what happens tomorrow. Pats and dolphins are very similar teams 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

They beat a Mike Glennon led Giants team by 11.  Let's not go crazy here.

That is what I was thinking Doc.  The Giants are just miserable on offense.  Maybe Jake Fromm can turn them around:)

We play Tua.  We will beat his ass down every time.  The Dolphins O line can not protect him against us.  Its that simple..  They don't match up well against us.  Flores gets outcoached by McDermott every game.  I don't see that changing.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Sometimes the best moves are the ones that never happen and a few years from now folks will think it was crazy to even consider trading for Watson who might not even be in the league anyway.

Tua reminds me a lot of a young Russell Wilson and he's already the best RPO QB in the league.

Oh yeah I'd take Tua over Marino!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.