Around the NFL This Sunday 11/28 (Bills mini-bye)

Hapless Bills Fan

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think forgetting about No. 1 and focusing 100% on division title is the way to go.

I'm cheering for Titans today, but if key players on both sides go down, no complaints.

Why? Lack of faith? Get Tennessee that 4th loss. Then control what you can by beating NE Monday. Those 2 things happen and Buffalo controls their destiny for the most part. Baltimore is quietly in yhe 1 seed mix but their schedule is incredibly difficult.

Has anybody noticed when Zach Wilson is playing for the Jets, NFL.com just completely craps the bed and doesn't show his stats? I've never seen this ever but I I noticed it the beginning of the year.

He gets injured so I forget about it. Went to check his stats today on the NFL app and there is no passing statistics.

Is it maybe the NFL app on my.phone?

4 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Nope. Don't like Gelber's way of thinking. At all. Defeatist mentality. 

Rooting for the Pats today. With Henry, Julio and now Brown on IR they could very well free fall a bit. Not outside the possibliity they drop a few games between now and then. 1 seed is still in play.

We have 2 games head to head with New England. Handle division buisness then. Sweep those 2 games and beat the Panthers, Falcons and Jets and even a loss to Tampa puts us in the mix for the 1 seed as long as the Titans drop today. They still have Pittsburgh and San Fran and being banged up gives those teams a shot at the win.

I'm usually with that line of thinking but am not in the age of Covid.  Let's say Allen, Diggs, and Knox catch Covid before Monday night and we lose to the Pats by three.  We know full well we would've won with those three in there.  Now we'd have to win out to win our division in all likelihood out of pure misfortune.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm usually with that line of thinking but am not in the age of Covid.  Let's say Allen, Diggs, and Knox catch Covid before Monday night and we lose to the Pats by three.  We know full well we would've won with those three in there.  Now we'd have to win out to win our division in all likelihood out of pure misfortune.

Valid point, but using the same logic Jones, Judon and 3/5ths of the Patriots oline may have COVID instead. Maybe Brady and his WRs catch it before our game with them. Total crapshoot.

However I actually think with a good game plan, a week to prep and a dash of good fortune...Trubisky could beat these Pats.

15 minutes ago, delirious said:

Has anybody noticed when Zach Wilson is playing for the Jets, NFL.com just completely craps the bed and doesn't show his stats? I've never seen this ever but I I noticed it the beginning of the year.

He gets injured so I forget about it. Went to check his stats today on the NFL app and there is no passing statistics.

Is it maybe the NFL app on my.phone?

It is absolutely hilarious.

And its not you. It is all year long on any of my devices here in Europe, so they are definitely decided that he just doesn't exist lol.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I agree.  Win the division.  Every Pats* loss at this point gets us closer to that goal.  

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Bills can go 6-0 to finish up. Honeslty anything less than 5-1 is really a disaster. If they can't beat Belichick at home this week shame on McD and Beane for wasting a SB window year

We'd have to bring our Arrowhead performance out for the rest of the season if we want to go 5-1.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

McDermott would never do what Reich just done. McD  would kick a field goal and play for field positions.

Which is totally untrue. Remember how we lost the the Titans? Was that playing it safe?  I can name 4 games where being aggressive cost us a win.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I agree.  Win the division.  Every Pats* loss at this point gets us closer to that goal.  

Once you make the playoffs nobody remembers how you got there.  If we can get the two seed in all likelihood three straight home victories gets us to the Super Bowl.  Go Titans.

• Agree 1

Dolphins might actually make the playoffs. Their next three games are the Giants, Jets, and Saints. If they win those and get to 8-7 they then finish up with Tennessee and New England. It's still a long shot but their defense has looked really good since the second time they played us.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills fan who has lived in Charlotte the past 2 decades. Being forced to watch this Panthers/Dolphins game is brutal. Honestly, I’m a sucker for a good redemption story and I was really hoping for Cam to ball out in his return to the QC but alas… he is simply not a starting caliber QB in today’s NFL. 
Watching a game with Cam and Tua on the same field makes me even more appreciative of McBean taking a chance on JA17. We are one of a handful of teams who are SET at the QB position for the next decade and I love it!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.