When does McD go on the hot seat?

DrDawkinstein

As much as I hate to contribute to the over-reactionary, dramatic posts made after a loss, I feel this at least needs to be discussed.

First, I HATE the idea of changing coaches again. Good organizations do not do this. They simply make the adjustments where needed, and keep the ship sailing. So I do not suggest this lightly.

That said, while McD has been EXACTLY what the Bills needed as a culture-changing rebuilder, I am not sure he is the type of cut-throat destroyer needed to take our talent to the next level, keep the team playing tough, and lead us to the promise land for a Championship.

Reid, Arians, Belichick, Carroll... None of these guys are exactly "kumbaya culture" guys.

I dont know what else it will take to get this group pissed off and fired up to win. We are soft and finesse-y on both sides of the ball...

And this isnt even getting into how woefully unprepared we have been for most games this season, and how poor our players are at even the basics (tackling, catching, protecting the ball, etc).

Dude needs to show us something, fast.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 10

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

As much as I hate to contribute to the over-reactionary, dramatic posts made after a loss, I feel this at least needs to be discussed.

First, I HATE the idea of changing coaches again. Good organizations do not do this. They simply make the adjustments where needed, and keep the ship sailing. So I do not suggest this lightly.

That said, while McD has been EXACTLY what the Bills needed as a culture-changing rebuilder, I am not sure he is the type of cut-throat destroyer needed to take our talent to the next level, keep the team playing tough, and lead us to the promise land for a Championship.

Reid, Arians, Belichick, Carroll... None of these guys are exactly "kumbaya culture" guys.

I dont know what else it will take to get this group pissed off and fired up to win. We are soft and finesse-y on both sides of the ball...

And this isnt even getting into how woefully unprepared we have been for most games this season, and how poor our players are at even the basics (tackling, catching, protecting the ball, etc).

Dude needs to show us something, fast.

Ok how did you put Arians in the same breath as those other coaches.  Also Carroll is the biggest damn cheerleader on the team!  You don’t get much more player friendly than him. So that disproves your theory they can’t win the big ones.

but Arians only got a championship because Brady took over last year and led the team like it was NE South and with that talent they never loss again. If Arians stayed calling plays they still be waiting for a championship. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Is it fair to ask if McD a Super Bowl level head coach?

I think it is early to jump to that. He was one game away last year. He is a really good football coach. 

The team isn't playing great right now and some of that is on him to get fixed but I trust he will. I don't think we can win the Superbowl until we have better personnel up front. I was hopeful coming into the year the DL would be upgraded (it probably has been but not by a lot) and the oline would at least be the above average pass blocking unit it was last year (it hasn't been). They are personnel questions as much as anything else IMO.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I understand the question, but it's not even close to time for this. OC needs to go, flat out. Unless he gets it turned around we have underperformed as an offense since last year's playoffs. 

If he finishes this year like he's doing right now he must go. If the problem persists, at that point it's a legit question. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Fixed your post for you.  While not agreeing or disagreeing with you as to whether a ""kumbaya culture" is good or bad, I do think with the exception of Belichick the other three are of that mindset at least from everything I've seen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.