Mac Jones attempt to injure Brian Burns?

YoloinOhio

I don't want to hear anything from NE fans about it being a clean play...

You guys had your chance when Brady decided to "run" and a guy the size of a freaking refrigerator was there to lay a crushing blow into him that would have made the Rodgers meme (his face when Jordan Phillips pancaked him in the Arizona game) look tame. 

Instead he flailed his arms a bit and Brady fell over with that goofy look on his face, knowing that for an act of mercy he would have been on the IR. 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

I don't want to hear anything from NE fans about it being a clean play...

You guys had your chance when Brady decided to "run" and a guy the size of a freaking refrigerator was there to lay a crushing blow into him that would have made the Rodgers meme (his face when Jordan Phillips pancaked him in the Arizona game) look tame. 

Instead he flailed his arms a bit and Brady fell over with that goofy look on his face, knowing that for an act of mercy he would have been on the IR. 

ha ha so you just started watching sports? Superstar athlete benefiting from a call(s)...

Edited by Ghost_002!

On 11/8/2021 at 11:47 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Just to clarify

Burns didn't get his sprain on this play. This play happened in the first qtr. Burns went on to play the rest of the game, including kicking a Pat's rb in the head giving him a concussion and then giving another Pat's rb, Harris, a concussion on a tackle. Both of which I believe were accidental. Also Burns didn't say anything about it originally at the end of the game. So got to think it was no big deal to him either.

On 11/9/2021 at 4:07 AM, BarleyNY said:

It was obvious that he spun down on his own to protect his knee/ankle from being twisted.  That said, Jones absolutely twisted one of Burns’ legs while he cut out his other.  If a defensive player had done that to a QB, he’d be getting suspended. 

Twisting a leg as part of a tackle is totally reasonable. Happens all the time when the only grip is on the foot or ankle. This isn't a tackle, the whole thing is illegal, but I'm not convinced he was trying to injure him.

Just trying to make an illegal play to get him down. Still, he you can't tackle in that situation. He should be fined.

Doesn't look like there's any reasonable way to think that Jones thought Burns had the ball.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

Just to clarify

Burns didn't get his sprain on this play. This play happened in the first qtr. Burns went on to play the rest of the game, including kicking a Pat's rb in the head giving him a concussion and then giving another Pat's rb, Harris, a concussion on a tackle. Both of which I believe were accidental. Also Burns didn't say anything about it originally at the end of the game. So got to think it was no big deal to him either.

He absolutely got his sprain on that play.

He went down with the injury. Got evaluated and maybe a shot or some kind of pain killer, Idk, and then re-aggravated it later. 

A sprained ankle may not affect the player immediately. Hell, I fractured my ankle trail running, but didn't know it until the next day. I was only half way through my run when it happened and finished my run. It became annoyingly painful later in the day. Then the next day I could barely walk.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/8/2021 at 12:08 PM, vtnatefootball11 said:

I would love to say it was a "dirty" play but it just wasn't.  Sorry nothing really to see here.  He clearly was holding his foot trying to prevent him from getting to the ball.  There was no intent to injure.  Annoying, bitchy?  Sure.  But dirty? No, he wasn't trying to hurt the guy just hold on for dear life after fumbling the ball. 

It may not have been his intent to injure, but Mac knows what that little twist means.  There's only 2 outcomes.

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

He absolutely got his sprain on that play.

He went down with the injury. Got evaluated and maybe a shot or some kind of pain killer, Idk, and then re-aggravated it later. 

A sprained ankle may not affect the player immediately. Hell, I fractured my ankle trail running, but didn't know it until the next day. I was only half way through my run when it happened and finished my run. It became annoyingly painful later in the day. Then the next day I could barely walk.

Lol yeah he was hurting so bad he later kicked a rb in the head, 3 qtrs later after stressing the ankle out a million different ways. I also run and also have had sprained ankles. Not sure what kinda natural pain killer you have but 99% of the time you feel it right away. Weird how some people got more upset about it than Burns did. 

Mac Jones is a good kid and he is VERY smart. Before the draft, some posters were laughing at his physique and his supposed lack of talent. Mac looks as if he was underrated not just on this board, but by NFL coaches, scouts, and GMs. Btw, coming into 2020 I too underrated him to the point that I thought that Bryce Young would start for Alabama as a freshman. But heading into the draft, I knew what he could do.

Mac is not and never will be Josh Allen, but if he stays healthy he has a long lucrative career in front of him, or so it really does seem. And once again, he is very smart. WAY too smart to purposely injure a defender. Every defensive player in the league is probaby tougher than Mac. Purposely causing an injury to one of them would be just to idiotic for a kid like Mac to do even if he is a bad guy, which he is not.

• Dislike 1

A NE quarterback behaving like a POS.  How shocking, huh?  It’s the Patriot Way.  If you can’t win, cheat.  

32 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Mac Jones is a good kid and he is VERY smart. Before the draft, some posters were laughing at his physique and his supposed lack of talent. Mac looks as if he was underrated not just on this board, but by NFL coaches, scouts, and GMs. Btw, coming into 2020 I too underrated him to the point that I thought that Bryce Young would start for Alabama as a freshman. But heading into the draft, I knew what he could do.

Mac is not and never will be Josh Allen, but if he stays healthy he has a long lucrative career in front of him, or so it really does seem. And once again, he is very smart. WAY too smart to purposely injure a defender. Every defensive player in the league is probaby tougher than Mac. Purposely causing an injury to one of them would be just to idiotic for a kid like Mac to do even if he is a bad guy, which he is not.

Smart or not, that was a deliberate attempt to injure and it was obvious.  Perhaps this “good kid” has just been polluted by playing for Belichick, but just maybe being smart and being an a hole are two different things.  

On 11/8/2021 at 12:56 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agree completely. I would love for it to be dirty because I hate those guys, but I think Big Mac tried to hold him, and Burns twisted himself in trying to get free and that is why he hurt himself. 

but he rolled over his ankle, he did not have to do that. I dont care what team did what.  His intent was to hurt him, if not he would not have rolled onto his ankle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.