O-line shuffle idea

Ethan in Cleveland

I'd advocate trying the following O-line for a few series at least and see what happens.

LT - Brown

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Boettger

RT - Williams

There is no PS player that is going to save this situation.  What do you all think of this idea.  Williams is a much better RT than a guard.   Brown looks capable of playing OT in the NFL.  Dawkins is good but not elite at LT.  The current guards are turnstiles and can't move or block anyone.  Morse is what he is.  He's solidly above average pass blocker and poor run blocker.  Ford is just a massive bust.  Bates is a tease.  He is probably not capable of playing any position for any length of time but he is a good game-day injury option that can back-up all five spots.  

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

You forgot Dawkins. He has been awful as well. 

He isn’t going to be healthy all year after his COVID. That is what is is.   I know a lot of people want to ignore the issues he had with it and the weight loss and strength. Isn’t going to be himself again until next year. 

the other three don’t even need to be on this team 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'd advocate trying the following O-line for a few series at least and see what happens.

LT - Brown

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Boettger

RT - Williams

There is no PS player that is going to save this situation.  What do you all think of this idea.  Williams is a much better RT than a guard.   Brown looks capable of playing OT in the NFL.  Dawkins is good but not elite at LT.  The current guards are turnstiles and can't move or block anyone.  Morse is what he is.  He's solidly above average pass blocker and poor run blocker.  Ford is just a massive bust.  Bates is a tease.  He is probably not capable of playing any position for any length of time but he is a good game-day injury option that can back-up all five spots.  

I think they should just fire Bobby Johnson and draft 2 interior OL this draft. 

• Agree 1

Now you guys are with me. Where were you 6 weeks ago when I got slaughtered on Reddit for saying the same thing? Lol.

The Cover 1 guy shrieked in horror that someone could possibly say we needed a change at LT.

Maybe that blind side hit today that almost ripped Josh in half will change his mind.

24 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LT - Brown

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Boettger

RT - Williams

I think you have to sit Dawkins.  It looks to me that he has not really recovered from his bout with Covid.  I would give our other rookie T a shot at RT or Douglas and move Williams back inside once Brown comes back.  But they have to shake it up; they can’t accept the level of play seen today.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

If it is a legit fact, which is odd because nothing has been mentioned about his poor performance due to Covid before, then he doesn’t need to be suiting up and playing. 

It was talked about very early that he wasn’t going to be himself. And sorry what do you want him to come out and say I played bad because I am down 30 lbs and weaker?

and I don’t know Ask McD why he isn’t sitting him. I mean hell while you at it ask him why he keeps trotting ford out there 

Edited by MAJBobby

37 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LT - Brown

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Boettger

RT - Williams

i actually think the biggest problem is Williams at RT. It’s like he moved inside for a bit and forgot how to play tackle.  He looked far worse to me than Ford did at guard today. 

edit: and Ike was atrocious today. 

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Morse is only Olineman playing reasonably 

Still doesn’t mean he is good. 

dawkins and Brown at the only two keepers out of this starting unit I want here next year. 

Go full chiefs. The problem identified do the overhaul 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Still doesn’t mean he is good. 

dawkins and Brown at the only two keepers out of this starting unit I want here next year. 

Go full chiefs. The problem identified do the overhaul 

I'd say at Dawkins price he should go first.  

The schnowman can find a new home or build a ***** igloo for all I care. 

• Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He isn’t going to be healthy all year after his COVID. That is what is is.   I know a lot of people want to ignore the issues he had with it and the weight loss and strength. Isn’t going to be himself again until next year. 

the other three don’t even need to be on this team 

The bad part about Dawkins though is he's making mental mistakes also.

He's Getting beat to your point and I'm sure a lot of it is due to covid as you said.

But he's also just missing simple stunts and isn't picking up the blitzer coming off the edge.

15 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i actually think the biggest problem is Williams at RT. It’s like he moved inside for a bit and forgot how to play tackle.  He looked far worse to me than Ford did at guard today. 

edit: and Ike was atrocious today. 

Williams and Ford were horrific.  

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

re Williams, did you see the last 3rd down where Williams allowed the sack? Someone posted the video in another thread here. He stood there for like 2 seconds while his man went by him. And that was the game!! It knocked us out of FG range. 

Yes I did.  

There was another play the DE was in a wide 9 and Williams off the ball went right inside and blocked no one.  The DE was in Allen's face immediately.  

Not just getting bear physically but making mental mistakes all over the place.   

6 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

The bad part about Dawkins though is he's making mental mistakes also.

He's Getting beat to your point and I'm sure a lot of it is due to covid as you said.

But he's also just missing simple stunts and isn't picking up the blitzer coming off the edge.

Mental mistake is also an issue with the virus. My boss caught it. He said after cleared he still was in a fog for 6 months or so. It was confusing to him. 

I think he should be sat down but I don’t think his drop off in play this year is because he got paid. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Mental mistake is also an issue with the virus. My boss caught it. He said after cleared he still was in a fog for 6 months or so. It was confusing to him. 

I think he should be sat down but I don’t think his drop off in play this year is because he got paid. 

Ahh ok Fair enough.

And ya agreed.

Problem is if you bench him, who would you put in though? Especially if brown is out.

Maybe Bates?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LT - Brown

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Boettger

RT - Williams

Dawkins has never played guard in the NFL.  I don’t see this happening

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ahh ok Fair enough.

And ya agreed.

Problem is if you bench him, who would you put in though? Especially if brown is out.

Maybe Bates?

Not sure. Maybe try it. But he is the furthest issue even with his down play. Have to get the OGs figured out. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes I did.  

There was another play the DE was in a wide 9 and Williams off the ball went right inside and blocked no one.  The DE was in Allen's face immediately.  

That was my take too— like 60% mental errors by the line today. The three interior linemen could not handle a stunt today to save their lives. 

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes I did.  

Yeah it’s bad when the IOL is getting walked back into Josh’s face such that he can’t step up and the ends get close while generally maintaining contain.   Big issue.  

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

LT - Brown

LG - Dawkins

C - Morse

RG - Boettger

RT - Williams

This would be akin to "shuffling" your own hand which has a pair of 7's whilst the guy across the table holds a straight flush.

No "shuffle" is fixing this heartless, teflon O-line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.