Flacco Traded to the Jets

Big Blitz

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

(6) Mike Garafolo on Twitter: "#Jets owner Woody Johnson, at the NFL fall meeting, says he has “unwavering, steadfast confidence” in Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh and the coaching staff. “We will get it right. … Just a very young team with a 22-year-old quarterback. He’s seeing things for the first time.”" / Twitter

uh oh, JD is a goner

Jets doing something very Jets like.  

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Flacco should just refuse to go out there, he can retire now and only miss the game checks, bonus has been paid by Philly. 

I get the sense that he wants to play.  After a few weeks of getting pounded he will limp to the bench and into retirement.

Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Super Bowl winner & Super Bowl MVP to.... playing for Jets organization 🤮

It's like watching a 45 year old, former champion boxer hang on too long trying to get that last win, and just continue to get beat down by every up & comer trying to get a notch under their belt destroying a big name. I'm sure Anderson Silva or Tito Ortiz will come out of retirement to fight on some no-name promotion's main event, say they've felt better than they ever have, then get annihilated by some no-name.

Then after the match, they'll get popped for PED's to add insult to injury. Flacco playing for the Jets is sealing that same fate.

On 10/26/2021 at 7:00 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did anyone else get an "Earworm" from this:

"Flacco and the Jets"

to the tune of "Benny and the JEts" by Elton John?

Nope - that was the tune back with Vinny Testaverde on the Jets.

Then it was Vinny and the Jets, but not with Flacco.  He just doesn’t fit it quite right for me.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He looks like he can’t wait to get that sweatshirt off

He does not look like a happy boy.  And on a functional organization, I would think by the point he has time to put on a team sweatshirt and sits for a presser, the coaches should have had time to talk to him and tell him what they have in mind.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

So Mike White goes off today. How dumb do the Jets look trading for Flacco?

and Zach Wilson must be really bad. White looked fantastic today

The grade was for a conditional 6th. And it’s actually Tampa’s 6th from a trade the year prior. It will be a low 6th. 

Jets take $1.1M of Flaccos salary. Acquiring Flacco was basically free by NFL standards. If Flacco doesn’t play, it won’t cost NYJ anything. 

11 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I think Flacco is going to back up White.  So, how much is Flacco being paid?

Jets take on $1.1M of Flaccos salary. 

2 hours ago, Mango said:

The grade was for a conditional 6th. And it’s actually Tampa’s 6th from a trade the year prior. It will be a low 6th. 

Jets take $1.1M of Flaccos salary. Acquiring Flacco was basically free by NFL standards. If Flacco doesn’t play, it won’t cost NYJ anything. 

Jets take on $1.1M of Flaccos salary. 

They wont mind a million dollar backup.

On 10/30/2021 at 4:35 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Actually he was making a few million for nothing. Now he’s going to have to work a little for it. 

I hear the clipboards in Florham Park are manufactured from cutting edge cardboard composite alloys that are only 1/3rd of the weight they were in Philly, so maybe not? ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I hear the clipboards in Florham Park are manufactured from cutting edge cardboard composite alloys that are only 1/3rd of the weight they were in Philly, so maybe not? ;)

I assumed they’d play him. I know wasn’t expecting this 3rd year kid to toss 400 on cinci 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.