Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Watson deal (update - no deal prior to trade deadline)

YoloinOhio

The Texans stupidity is infuriating. Leave it to one inept franchise to bail out a slightly less inept franchise and their inability to find a qb and field a competent roster (if this gets done). If what’s been alleged about Watson turns out to be true, he should obviously never play another down. However, if cleared of any wrongdoing, Dolphins don’t deserve a player like Watson. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

The Texans stupidity is infuriating. Leave it to one inept franchise to bail out a slightly less inept franchise and their inability to find a qb and field a competent roster (if this gets done). If what’s been alleged about Watson turns out to be true, he should obviously never play another down. However, if cleared of any wrongdoing, Dolphins don’t deserve a player like Watson. 

the quarterback rivalry between Allen and Watson is going to be FUN, ***** it!!!   FUN!!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Compensation would be 3 first round picks but not the addition of the 2 nd round picks…..   so how does Miami fill in a competitive team with no first round draft choices and a qb making huge money starting next year…. It just doesn’t make much sense….  Watson played great last year and won 4 games apparently he wants to do the same in Miami. Man that kid tua can’t feel wanted in Miami 

1 hour ago, gordong said:

Compensation would be 3 first round picks but not the addition of the 2 nd round picks…..   so how does Miami fill in a competitive team with no first round draft choices and a qb making huge money starting next year…. It just doesn’t make much sense….  Watson played great last year and won 4 games apparently he wants to do the same in Miami. Man that kid tua can’t feel wanted in Miami 

Watson just turned 26 and has been relatively healthy throughout his career.  He's a guaranteed top five NFL franchise quarterback.  Whoever gets him will have a decade to field a winning roster.

• Agree 1

I am hoping he goes to an NFC team: Carolina, Philadelphia, Seattle might be thinking they could use him now. But, it seems like Miami is hell-bent on getting him. If they do, they are still a mess of an organization--not sure his presence there makes them much better than his last year in Houston.

One dark-horse candidate: the Patriots. You know Bill B has to be thinking, "this Jones kid is serviceable--we can cover for him with a good D, short passes, and a solid running game, but I can win big with a guy like Watson." And we know they have no moral compass in NE. Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think NE could be a serious landing spot when all is said-and-done. (Note: I have no evidence of this, just speculating for conversation purposes.)

26 minutes ago, papazoid said:

he's not getting traded this year....not until his legal situation is over

in fact it wouldn't surprise me if he never gets traded

no owner in his right mind should take on this headache

Agree it seems hard to believe that a team would trade for him before his legal issues are resolved. 

Even if he signs a settlement agreement this week,  which he has claimed he won’t do,  Watson will not have cleared up his "legal issues".isn't there an active grand jury investigation on Watson for 10 criminal counts? You cant settle a criminal case, the prosecutor decides that. and some of the women involved in the criminal cases are NOT part of civil case. They want justice, not money.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Watson just turned 26 and has been relatively healthy throughout his career.  He's a guaranteed top five NFL franchise quarterback.  Whoever gets him will have a decade to field a winning roster.

It's over for Watson. His ability to lead after finding out what a despicable person he is is impossible to overcome. This is not Vick killing dogs, this is 100 times worse. Why would anyone want to pay this guy more than $20.00 per game to sell hotdogs. This isn't even the Woke culture, he is done, thank goodness. 

59 minutes ago, papazoid said:

he's not getting traded this year....not until his legal situation is over

in fact it wouldn't surprise me if he never gets traded

no owner in his right mind should take on this headache

This is pretty much the bottom line with the Watson situation, and it has been since the story broke. Unless he is vindicated, which seems highly unlikely, Watson is radioactive. No one, not even Stephen Ross, wants him as the face of their franchise. I think that’s also why Houston isn’t playing him: It would just be too embarrassing.

Edited by mannc