Houston and Miami could have Deshaun Watson deal (update - no deal prior to trade deadline)

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think it was also that Watson just flat out hates the Texans owner, president, GM, etc. Beyond just the moves they make, he hates them as people. And he likely also likes the idea of living in Miami.

It has gone from "Miami is just a QB away" to "Tua is one of the only reasons they have a chance in games right now" though which you'd think would give him some pause (but it doesn't sound like it has).

Watson was upset that ownership didn't value his opinion on the direction of the franchise.   It's generally believed that teams do that with their QB's..........though it's not really true in most cases(ask Brady and Rodgers).    Then he got exposed as a sexual predator and perhaps it's a little more understandable why Houston might have wanted to treat him like a player on the team instead of a co-owner.   Now he looks like a total creep and just wants to get away.  Miami sounds like a good place to hide.  Big city,  lower moral bar to clear,  not a rabid pro fan base etc........nice place to hide in plain sight while he tries to re-build his image/career.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Watson was upset that ownership didn't value his opinion on the direction of the franchise.   It's generally believed that teams do that with their QB's..........though it's not really true in most cases(ask Brady and Rodgers).    Then he got exposed as a sexual predator and perhaps it's a little more understandable why Houston might have wanted to treat him like a player on the team instead of a co-owner.   Now he looks like a total creep and just wants to get away.  Miami sounds like a good place to hide.  Big city,  lower moral bar to clear,  not a rabid pro fan base etc........nice place to hide in plain sight while he tries to re-build his image/career.

I mean they did get Rodgers and LaFleur to speak on the phone before he was offered the Green Bay job..... they haven't cut Aaron out of the decision making in Green Bay as much as he likes to portray. That said, can't disagree with you that if the ownership in Houston had even an inkling of Watson's alleged off the field behaviour it makes sense not to hitch your whole waggon to him. Houston's ownership is totally incompetent though. 

Miami press absolutely grilled Flores and his response was terrible.  It’s 100% clear they want Watson.   A really bad look for the franchise - reminds me of a mix between Rex Ryan’s final games in 2016 and Doug Whaley’s “I wasn’t privy” press conference 

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Miami press absolutely grilled Flores and his response was terrible.  It’s 100% clear they want Watson.   A really bad look for the franchise - reminds me of a mix between Rex Ryan’s final games in 2016 and Doug Whaley’s “I wasn’t privy” press conference 

Jon Lovitz Smiling GIF

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I like how Flores repeats the question in a condescending way before not answering it...

He’s in an impossible position…either flat-out lie or be evasive and slippery…he’s not very good at it.

• Agree 1

Flores is not wrong. He is the coach, not the gm. It doesn’t seem like the Phins structure allows the coach as much input as our system does. I would hazard a guess that maybe that the gm’s silence and that he doesn’t have direct input may be a source of his visible frustration. Either way, Flores can’t really talk about someone on another team.

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I don't know why he didn't just say "I'm not the General Manager of this team". Seems like an easy out. I'd just say:

"He and I discuss a lot of scenarios. The likely and the very unlikely alike. And I'd like to think he bases some of his decisions off these discussions. But they're always hypothetical, until they're not. When he makes a move, he'll talk to me a little just before it goes down to make sure we're on the same page. But I'm not the General Manager of this team. I'm not looking over his shoulder all day, asking for updates on everything he's doing and looking into. I'm focusing on coaching the players I have and the day to day that goes with that."

Edited by BillsFanForever19

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I think it was also that Watson just flat out hates the Texans owner, president, GM, etc. Beyond just the moves they make, he hates them as people. And he likely also likes the idea of living in Miami.

It has gone from "Miami is just a QB away" to "Tua is one of the only reasons they have a chance in games right now" though which you'd think would give him some pause (but it doesn't sound like it has).

Well I guess I would question why he signed that contract then.  

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So in the UK serious sexual assault and rape are different. In the 2 particular allegations with Watson that reach that bar I suspect they would be tried as sexual assault based on the description of "coercion" rather than as rape. In the UK manipulating someone into sexual activity is usually sexual assault and forced sexual activity is rape. Hard to know without more detail but certainly possible they would be prosecuted as rape. Interesting to know that they two terms are used interchangeably in Texas. Of course, these remain at this stage civil claims and in the UK the technical term for such a claim would be a "trespass against the person." No idea if that makes a difference in Texan law. 

Its fairly similar here.  Might be state dependent but sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact like fondling, touching, and can include rape.  Rape is unwanted penetration.

54 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't know why he didn't just say "I'm not the General Manager of this team". Seems like an easy out. I'd just say:

"He and I discuss a lot of scenarios. The likely and the very unlikely alike. And I'd like to think he bases some of his decisions off these discussions. But they're always hypothetical, until they're not. When he makes a move, he'll talk to me a little just before it goes down to make sure we're on the same page. But I'm not the General Manager of this team. I'm not looking over his shoulder all day, asking for updates on everything he's doing and looking into. I'm focusing on coaching the players I have and the day to day that goes with that."

That definitely would’ve been the better approach.  The problem is most of the press knows that Flores probably has the biggest say in football decision despite his title.  I just wonder if he’d be digging himself into a Doug Whaley hole by playing dumb.

Either way, Miami did a terrible of job prepping him for the questions.  

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

This is almost as bad as when Whaley said he wasn't privy to the details of that conversation.

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

He was proven a loser week 17 last season.

I wonder how many people he has told "I wanted Herbert."

Which I'm sure would be a lie to.  

Tua should tell the team to pound sand - he knows he's not going to be there next season.  Why risk injury for a franchise that's going to dump you?

I'm sure it's what Deshawn Watson would do.  This is the NBA now right?

Edited by Big Blitz

On 10/28/2021 at 2:53 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Watson has just pulled the ultimate "career decision" of quitting on his teammates and holding back to get what he wants (out of Houston).  Will that automagically be washed away on the first brilliant downfield scoring drive saved by a scramble and a top-of-the-league deep pass? 

Or will it linger in the back of his new teammates minds, like the stench of a dead woodchuck under the porch "He quit on his Houston peeps, will he quit on us?"

Some will have no issue (career first), some will give him a chance and some will not ever support him.

The key is of course those in middle unless one of the ends has majority of the weight already.

Now if the Phish change their name to the Sharks he will fit in much better.

No-Need-4-Penis-small.gif

5 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Flores didn’t not say he’d like Watson. He also didn’t not say Tua wasn’t his QB, either.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Well - I was reading a thread about how this is the week that Tua blows up and is the QB Miami wants.  

Just a terrible job by the HC and Flores just looks defeated.  He can’t even look the room in the eye.  Terrible posture and terrible speaking - he needs to be released.  

Miami has eaten him up.

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Well - I was reading a thread about how this is the week that Tua blows up and is the QB Miami wants.  

Just a terrible job by the HC and Flores just looks defeated.  He can’t even look the room in the eye.  Terrible posture and terrible speaking - he needs to be released.  

Miami has eaten him up.

I mean you're not supposed to be worse in year 3 of your rebuild than in year 1. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1