Bills sign Taron Johnson to 3 year extension

YoloinOhio

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

They do when they play almost 100% of defensive snaps.

Looks like it-  good kid-  I’m happy he’s a bill for the next 2 years at least.  I just didn’t think we would pay him that much.  

32 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

As much as some people here behave like we don’t draft well, even though I’ve proved otherwise, the fact we keep extending our own because they’re contributing proves it as well. 

3 guys from the 2017 draft. 2 from the 2018 draft, with Tremaine Edmunds coming eventually. It’ll keep happening. 

Great move, Bills. 

The Bills are very good at finding contributors in the draft. Their bust rate is very low - Zay Jones and Cody Ford probably the only two (Harrison Phillips you could argue for) and their record with day 3 guys - Milano, Taron, Gabe, Teller (even though his success came elsewhere) - and that is without mentioning core ST and depth guys like Jaquan Johnson, Siran Neal, Tommy Sweeney, Tyler Bass, Dane Jackson etc. 

They have definitely outperformed the league in that regard and that is why they for the past couple of years have been consistently talked about as one of the deepest rosters in the league - they will have to keep that going as they start to pay their guys and have less room for those solid middle range free agent types.

Where there are teams that have still outperformed them is in finding those real top end elite guys. You'd still like to see Tremaine, Ed, Dawson, maybe Greg get there to balance that out. But we are excellent at finding guys who range from "solid, cheap depth" right through to "very good starter".  

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Just curious, which are the two you're referring to??  The only ones I can think of are Ford and Joseph the LB?

Zay. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bills are very good at finding contributors in the draft. Their bust rate is very low - Zay Jones and Cody Ford probably the only two (Harrison Phillips you could argue for) and their record with day 3 guys - Milano, Taron, Gabe, Teller (even though his success came elsewhere) - and that is without mentioning core ST and depth guys like Jaquan Johnson, Siran Neal, Tommy Sweeney, Tyler Bass, Dane Jackson etc. 

They have definitely outperformed the league in that regard and that is why they for the past couple of years have been consistently talked about as one of the deepest rosters in the league - they will have to keep that going as they start to pay their guys and have less room for those solid middle range free agent types.

Where there are teams that have still outperformed them is in finding those real top end elite guys. You'd still like to see Tremaine, Ed, Dawson, maybe Greg get there to balance that out. But we are excellent at finding guys who range from "solid, cheap depth" right through to "very good starter".  

Zay. 

Yes but wasn't Jones drafted prior to McD and Beane??

OK never mind, see McD was here when drafted, no Beane yet though.

No wait, Beane was calling McD  from Carolina and telling who to pick.  I recall reading it hear.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

It’s nice having a pro-active GM, isn’t it, 

Go Bills!!!

Yes it is!   We finally have a GM and entire organization that understands the proper way to build a team. 

Its why this team is good and should remain good for years to come.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I’m surprised there are some who think we overpaid? I wanted to keep Taron here at all costs. 

I think it pretty much guarantees they are drafting an outside corner early next April. Paying Tre, Taron, Jordan and Micah you are gonna need some cheap labour somewhere.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

47 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

No I'm not saying that.

But I don't think Edmunds is a hit of a draft pick.

If he was a good player I would say it was.

But my opinion on Edmunds isn't that high, and I think they missed by trading up to get an average player. (in my mind)

Passing on Leonard was just the cherry on top for me

Time for a nap.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.