Bills sign Taron Johnson to 3 year extension

YoloinOhio

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Wow that is a hometown discount. I am sure he could have gotten more on the open market next offseason.

I think between Taron and Milano they are showing that they believe in the culture that Beane and Mcd have put in place. I mean this team looks really close out there and having fun all the time. Even Mcafee mentioned to Knox during his show that he thinks we have one of the closest knit rosters around.

sometimes you chase the money and then you end up in Miami, then Houston..

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Did I say Tremaine was a hit? Show me where I said that… I said he’d get extended.

Let me just cite The Athletic article published yesterday where multiple people in the NFL are quoted saying they don’t understand why fans think Tremaine Edmunds isn’t a stud despite everyone outside of Buffalo viewing him as a special player. **Spoiler: It’s because fans have no idea what his responsibilities are and the problems he poses for opposing offenses.**

FYI - I did analysis on the Bills drafting under McBeane and then just with Beane. Beane is one of the best drafters since he took over the draft for the Bills in 2018… he’s better than “pretty ok.” I also specifically said “The Bills” in my OP and not “Beane” for this reason exactly. 

Sorry I misread your first post.

As far Beane- Like I said, some great, some bad, some average.

Allen- Home run

Trading up for Edmunds- Not good but not horrible

Harrison Phillips- Bad

T Johnson- Very good

Neal- Descent pick for 5th round 

Oliver- He's descent but would like a bit more from the 9th pick off the board. Let's call this one TBD

Trading up for Ford- Looking horrible now

Singletary- I'm not high on him myself, I would say below average pick.

Knox- Looking good now.

Depth was very good in that draft.

2020/2021 still too early to tell.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Slot corners don’t make that kind of money.  

I think 7.5M is a bit steep for a nickel Cb but considering our scheme, I figured we might over pay to keep him.  Not that he’s not worth the money…..I just didn’t think we’d pay him that much

Yeah… this is definitely on the high end for a NCB. Only Kenny Moore makes more. Taron slots in above Mike Hilton, Jonathan Jones and Bryce Callahan now. 

Not the end of the world considering we played like 91% of our defensive snaps in Nickel last year. It’s a valuable, starting position in our defense. 

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Allen- Home run

Harrison Phillips- Bad

T Johnson- Very good

Oliver- He's descent but would like a bit more from the 9th pick off the board. Let's call this one TBD

Knox- Looking good now.

Except for the fact of hitting 50% on your draft picks for a GM is phenomenal. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Allen- Home run

Harrison Phillips- Bad

T Johnson- Very good

Knox- Looking good now.

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Not sure I’m happy about this. I was out walking my dog when I got texted the news. I wanted to text my friend back with “Beane is so good” but the dog saw his friend and was pulling on his leash. He’s pretty strong. So I hit the voice recognition and it came out “Penis so good.”

Did the text from your friend read "Johnson extended"?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Congratulations Taron Johnson.

For a player whose only claim to fame entering the league was getting hit in the head during passing drills at the combine, he has developed into a solid if not strong Nickel Back for the Bills.

Thank you, Mr. Beane! GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I honestly don't.

He can be great at times.(like last week)

But he doesn't do it consistently enough.

Well, most non-PFF experts disagree with you, as do his fellow players and coaching (yes, there are a few who agree with you) and at 23, he's been the leader of a defense that has been among the top in the league (except oddly enough when he is injured) for over 3 years. I'd call that a hit in the draft, but you're entitled to your opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Well, most non-PFF experts disagree with you, as do his fellow players and coaching (yes, there are a few who agree with you) and at 23, he's been the leader of a defense that has been among the top in the league (except oddly enough when he is injured) for over 3 years. I'd call that a hit in the draft, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Fair.

With all due respect I could careless what PFF says though.

If you go by that metric, then you would believe Ike Boettker was better than Tre white pound for pound last year. (No joke as he was rated higher)

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah… you’re completely missing the point of what constitutes drafting well. 

I can count 2 truly bad draft picks in 5 years. They’ve been one of the best drafting teams over the last 5 years. 

Is that what I said? 

I said “Great move, Bills” and that’s your response. 

Nice try… 

Just curious, which are the two you're referring to??  The only ones I can think of are Ford and Joseph the LB?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.