10/3/21 Gameday Bills vs. Texans Postgame Thread

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

*Looks at KC putting up 40 points as well vs the Eagles*

We are about to find out

Texans without Milano? No problem. Let’s get everybody back healthy for next week! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ok. Funtime is behind us. We get the Conference’s best the next 2 weeks!

Effin’ fabulous performance in crappy weather! 

Do we have a 3rd String we can bring out at halftime so the NFL can save face?

We are having a scrimmage against ourselves?😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I know that these are special circumstances. The Bills were against a team that was already not very good in 2020 and then were down to their third string QB, that was on the road, in pouring rain.

40-0 shutouts do not happen often in the modern NFL. 

109 yards of offense allowed does not happen in the modern NFL.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know that these are special circumstances. The Bills were against a team that was already not very good in 2020 and then were down to their third string QB, that was on the road, in pouring rain.

40-0 shutouts do not happen often in the modern NFL. 

109 yards of offense allowed does not happen in the modern NFL.

If the offense played anything like last week they would have hung 60 on them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

What's there to say... OL looked good.

Run game was solid, and has to be in weather like that.

Knox played great and Edmunds had a good game too. Our depth players looked good as we know you have to have a deep bench in this league.

Very nice game against a team we were supposed to beat.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

D was terrific again. Offense eventually got there. Nice to see some good run plays.

Motor and Moss actually now seem to be working well as a 'tandem'. Their respective workloads and results being pretty even.

Great to see 'backup' guys on D making plays. We might still be  lacking another real quality CB opposite Tre, but other than that, just about everyone in the Secondary is a baller.

I don't know what it is about Matakevitch, but whenever he gets on the field, he makes plays. The epitome of a STs guy who can step up when needed to.

Overall, very satisfying, even though it wasn't spectacular, irrespective of the scoreline. Conditions obviously had an effect there.

If you have to be one dimensional against this D, they will kill you, as happened today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

I'd say the OL is still a work in progress

Definitely, didn’t see much of a drop without Feliciano though. I don’t think Boetteger is a big drop off. The Feliciano resigning remains a bit of a head scratcher. There had to be more of a locker room decision factoring in to that. 

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Spencer Brown is aight I think

He is the first piece in the rebuild of the OLine I think. I keep saying this, but like we did with the WR room then the DLine, our OLine is next. I expect this to be heavily addressed this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Definitely, didn’t see much of a drop without Feliciano though. I don’t think Boetteger is a big drop off. The Feliciano resigning remains a bit of a head scratcher. There had to be more of a locker room decision factoring in to that. 

Brown looked very solid at Right Tackle.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4