Poyer and Feliciano out

Mods feel free to remove, I'm currently intoxicated in Las Vegas, but I was just told that Feliciano and poyer are officially out for Sunday. I don't know how much of a difference that will make in the grand scheme of things but I thought it was worth mentioning. Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'm thinking we're gonna be ok

Sal Capaccio 

@SalSports

The Houston Texans placed their leading tackler, LB Zach Cunningham, as well as DT Ross Blacklock, on the Reserve/Covid-19 list and neither will play against the Bills Sunday. Blacklock is 3rd on the team in snaps at DT.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

How did Poyer get hurt? Oh yeah. I remember…

In-game injuries

S Jordan Poyer (left ankle)

The Bills nearly escaped with an injury free game until Jordan Poyer went down with a left ankle injury with 7:13 left in the 4th quarter. This was the result of a catch by Washington’s WR Terry McLaurin for a 37-yard gain. Poyer, LB Tremaine Edmunds, and CB Tre’Davious White were all in pursuit with Poyer close to tackling McLaurin until his left leg was taken out by Edmunds.

Just another example of an impact play from Edmunds. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Mods feel free to remove, I'm currently intoxicated in Las Vegas, but I was just told that Feliciano and poyer are officially out for Sunday. I don't know how much of a difference that will make in the grand scheme of things but I thought it was worth mentioning. Go Bills!

Where you at Bruce?  I saw a few Bill fans representing at the Mirage pool today, was that you?

21 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

In-game injuries

The Bills nearly escaped with an injury free game until Jordan Poyer went down with a left ankle injury with 7:13 left in the 4th quarter. This was the result of a catch by Washington’s WR Terry McLaurin for a 37-yard gain. Poyer, LB Tremaine Edmunds, and CB Tre’Davious White were all in pursuit with Poyer close to tackling McLaurin until his left leg was taken out by Edmunds.

Hahahaha.  I was steaming when I saw it.  Tremaine “A day late and a dollar short” Edmunds.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Obviously, Boettger will be the replacement for Feliciano.  He'll be fine.  I guess Jaquan Johnson will be the primary replacement for Poyer, but I think Hamlin will get some reps.  Johnson is supposed to be very smart.  Hamlin has better size and athleticism.

It’ll be good to see what Hamlin and Johnson can do out there Sunday.  But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t going to miss watching the 21 jersey run around there smacking people around like he’s a 260lb LB.  I think he’s the heart and soul of that d. He and hyde are a tremendous pair back there and I really hope we can win a SB with those guys back there.

Honestly interested to see if Feliciano is as bad as many think. I haven't been paying that close of attention so am legitimately interested, great time to see some O-line depth against an awful Texans team. Definitely rest Poyer with the Chiefs looming.

Intoxication level 5.2 on a 10.0 scale, location SW Denver.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I’d be a wee concerned if Taron is also unable to play, but we’ll see.

Not to sound cocky but I almost hope TJ can't go Sunday. Get him right for next Sunday plus we can give Siran Neal some valuable starter time to build depth.

I like our depth in the secondary and this is a good chance to see it. We just lack depth at outside CB beyond Dane Jackson. I think we're good inside as long as we're not playing the chefs or a reasonable facsimile. Then we need all the starters. Neal is an interesting player though. Considered the best athlete on the team and he has good size. TJ is better though but let's rest him if he needs it.

JJ Jaquan Johnson shines I bet though....He's smart and plays fast for a slow 40 guy. He is going to know the play, watch. He is going to cut under a guy for an INT. just like the interceptions we have seen the Bills make so far.....

I wonder if Jaquan plays the strong side? Because he is pretty small too.

Maybe Klein plays some instead of JJ if Houston shows a strong run look?

Anyhoo....

Go Bills!

11 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I'm thinking we're gonna be ok

Sal Capaccio 

@SalSports

The Houston Texans placed their leading tackler, LB Zach Cunningham, as well as DT Ross Blacklock, on the Reserve/Covid-19 list and neither will play against the Bills Sunday. Blacklock is 3rd on the team in snaps at DT.

oh wow.  That plus Amendola is out for them. 

11 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

In-game injuries

Edmunds making game changing plays against his own team...🤣

• Shocked 1

10 hours ago, Nelius said:

Honestly interested to see if Feliciano is as bad as many think. I haven't been paying that close of attention so am legitimately interested, great time to see some O-line depth against an awful Texans team. Definitely rest Poyer with the Chiefs looming.

Feliciano has been pretty good after week 1. Still good to see other players get more playing time, this is the game to do it, but let's not bash players for nothing.

TE and Safety depth were my two concerns with the roster final cut downs.  I like Hamlin.  They should be ok.  Frazier should dial up some pressures this week and play some simple two deep safety behind them so the kids don't have to think too much.  A steady dose of Tampa 2 with Edmunds deep middle should keep everything in front of them.  

4 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Feliciano has been pretty good after week 1. Still good to see other players get more playing time, this is the game to do it, but let's not bash players for nothing.

If Boetgger plays well he may push Ford for more playing time when Feliciano returns 

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I suspect if we were playing KC this week Poyer would play. Big opportunity for Jaquan. Interested to see how he does. 

Presumably Ike is a straight swap for Feliciano at guard.

Absolutely he would. Unless the injury is worse than it seems. But yeah, he very likely would play. These Bills are sharpening the knives and foaming at the mouth to get another shot at KC. Probably at this point has gotten personal for them

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Where ya watching the game? You should  us at moondoggies sunday!  It’s a fun Bills bar.  First, second and third rounds on me! https://yelp.to/uYw6Z5TA1jb

I think I'm headed the circ (or whatever it's called on Fremont) but if that doesn't pan out I'll see if I can convince the wife to join me at a bills bar tomorrow, she actually might be out of commission because she's going real hard today.

I’m currently intoxicated in Del Norte county California 😁👍

10 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

I think I'm headed the circ (or whatever it's called on Fremont) but if that doesn't pan out I'll see if I can convince the wife to join me at a bills bar tomorrow, she actually might be out of commission because she's going real hard today.

Nice.  Circa is a good spot. Be sure to check the Stadium Swim.  It’s a great game day experience.  If she’s out of commission, I’d suggest moondoggies then circa afterward 

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Do you partake in the "booger sugar"?

I’m not a local, I’m afraid to ask, but I gotta, what the hell is booger sugar? 

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, thought that just about everyone knew what booger sugar is. Some refer to cocaine as "booger sugar". 

I’m kinda old, haven’t done a line in forty years, 

• Haha (+1) 1