OT: Are you concerned about Mac Jones?

Success

After tonight's game, not worried AT ALL!!!

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yawn.. another baseless claim not made with any sort of facts.. I’ll do it to Allen will be done in 2 years after he gets hurt running and not sliding. ( No I don’t mean it.. but it’s almost as stupid as his claim.

He's nothing more than a Brian Hoyer with a weaker arm. Drool over him all you want. The Pats* won't win jack ***** with him. 

As for facts, he threw one pass over 20 yards all game. And when he did, it was picked off. Enjoy your 30 completion QB for 180 yards all you want. He's nothing special at all.

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

He's nothing more than a Brian Hoyer with a weaker arm. Drool over him all you want. The Pats* won't win jack ***** with him. 

As for facts, he threw one pass over 20 yards all game. And when he did, it was picked off. Enjoy your 30 completion QB for 180 yards all you want. He's nothing special at all.

OK but would you mind telling us which rookie QB (other than Trevor Lawrence) you would rather have on your team than Mac Jones? Wilson? Lance? Fields lol? 

C'mon, seriously.........

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

I find that the more people feel the need to dismiss the Patriots and Mac Jones, the greater their fear that they will beat us!

It's hilarious, but psychology 101 I'm afraid.

• Like (+1) 1

I still don’t know if Mac Jones is a playmaker, but he’s naturally accurate and so there is an efficiency to his game.

Plus, doesn’t it seem like he has a good grasp of the offense? It’s not like they paired down the playbook EJ Manuel style so that he can get on the field. 

It’s a classic Belichick team. Good defense, paired with multiple running backs, an accurate Quarterback who makes good decisions and doesn’t turn the ball over. 

The long term question will be can Mac Jones develop a better arm to make big plays in big games? 

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

16 of his 22 completions tonight were within 6 yards of the LoS.  All but 3 were within 10 yards.  Scuse me while I go quiver in my boots.

Wasn't that the Patriots game for years?  Two 6 yard passes moves the chains.  Could shut down their run, could keep them from throwing deep, and a 3 yard pass to the TE would go for 6 or 7.

11 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I still don’t know if Mac Jones is a playmaker, but he’s naturally accurate and so there is an efficiency to his game.

Plus, doesn’t it seem like he has a good grasp of the offense? It’s not like they paired down the playbook EJ Manuel style so that he can get on the field. 

It’s a classic Belichick team. Good defense, paired with multiple running backs, an accurate Quarterback who makes good decisions and doesn’t turn the ball over. 

The long term question will be can Mac Jones develop a better arm to make big plays in big games? 

Yes, he's accurate, he's making good decisions, and he's playing within in an offense that's designed to not ask too much of a young QB.  He's supported by a solid run game and a decent OL.

He's playing well within that system.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wasn't that the Patriots game for years?

Amen... Brady was a dink and dunk guy... sound strategy along with run the ball, play good defense, avoid penalties.

Same was true for Parcells Giants teams where Belichick grew to fame... Simms threw a lot of "high percentage passes" as I recall... winning formula along with great defense and solid running game.

All of those teams had better than average to great tight end play as well.

I don't know if it is more fear of Mac Jones, but of the coaching staff and history. They are doing a great of putting him in the right play calls for his abilities, and current development. He does make quick decisions, and avoids mistakes. A lot like Brady early on.

The key is defense, and they have shown better and better throughout the season. 

I think it could be two tough games, but they aren't ready to take the division back from the bills this year.

• Disagree 1

207 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int.  Is this the stat line of a guy that should instill fear?  You would think so if you listen to the national sports media this morning. Sure, he is doing a very good job of managing games and throwing accurate, short passes. When teams catch on and are very confident that they have nothing to fear beyond 10 yards, he will be exposed for the limited athlete that he is. Enjoy it while it lasts Pats* fans. 

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Nope not at all.  He threw maybe 2 solid passes all night.  Rest was standard 2-5 yard pitch and catch.

but he’s a super star. Who are we to argue?

it also helps when guys are wide open going across the field 5 yards deep and stroll in for an easy TD. 

19 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

He won't be screwed against the bills then lol as the bills are always one of the bottom tackling teams in the league.

Not this year. The Bills are the top-ranked defense overall in yards per game and 3rd against the run. The *Pats games will be no cakewalks, but the Bills are better top to bottom. Beating them twice will be twice as sweet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.