8/28/01 Gameday Thread Bills vs Packers Preseason finale 2nd Half

Just now, Simon said:

I almost feel like the winning is a by-product of having a better roster and staff.

They seem to me to be regularly tweaking things that they wouldn't necessarily be fooling with in the regular season.

Yeah like all the 2pt conversion attempts in game 2 they work on things but the mindset is still there I think.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, billybrew1 said:

When you think about who maybe has some value and is tradeable at DE and the name that comes up is Daryl Johnson. He has a lot of preseason film this year, young, all-Star special teamer....would hurt to lose him.

Maybe get a DT or CB back?

I wonder how Phillips projects now? Something that is going to calm down or the end of his career?

I feel a lot better at DT if Harry is a go....

I don't think any other ends are really tradeable. I think we want AJ, Boogie And Groot.

Efe isn't worth much due to age I think.

No one would trade for Addison or Hughes, imho.... Maybe a conditional seventh? The thing we would get is the cap space but I don't see anyone biting. Having said that, I thought Lee Smith was untradeable due to his contract and age. So....

You don't trade young guys with potential. Those are the types of guys you trade for. If you can't get anything for the vets, fine. It doesn't mean you have to trade the young guys. 

The one exception is a dime-a-dozen RB.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I kind of like what I see from this RB whyte. Would like to see a little bit more here. Might have a player 

Singletary, the Owls’ career leader in yards, touchdowns and scoring, did remain on the field as others completed the drills.

His former backfield mate, Kerrith Whyte, rocketed across the finish line with an official 40 time of 4.36. Whyte also shined in other drills, displaying a 42 inch vertical leap, bench pressing 225 pounds 21 times and leaping 11 feet in the broad jump. Whyte’s long jump and high jump results were better than those of any running back at the combine.

Whyte also impressed by displaying powerful agility, crisp receiving routes and good hands.

FAU

:thumbsup:

Edited by stosh64

5 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

When you think about who maybe has some value and is tradeable at DE and the name that comes up is Daryl Johnson. He has a lot of preseason film this year, young, all-Star special teamer....would hurt to lose him.

Maybe get a DT or CB back?

I wonder how Phillips projects now? Something that is going to calm down or the end of his career?

I feel a lot better at DT if Harry is a go....

I don't think any other ends are really tradeable. I think we want AJ, Boogie And Groot.

Efe isn't worth much due to age I think.

No one would trade for Addison or Hughes, imho.... Maybe a conditional seventh? The thing we would get is the cap space but I don't see anyone biting. Having said that, I thought Lee Smith was untradeable due to his contract and age. So....

He plays a lot of snaps on special teams. I would not say he is an all-star.  I still don't think he brings enough on defense but I don't think he has much trade valuae either. Might be best to keep him and go full on youth movement on DL and let Addison go.  Kind of depends on if Basham is good enough to be a 5th DE and and parttime DT.  

3 minutes ago, chris heff said:

So you know what you’re getting with Davis Webb, he is who he is. Does Jake Fromm have a better skill set and a greater up side?

Webb's future is coaching.  Fromm is either a 3QB or a serviceable long tern backup.  That is the question.

He is definitely QB3 right now.  I say he ends up on the PS and fights for the backup next year.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s great being able to hear Beane’s insights during the game. I’m enjoying that a lot. 

Funny, I was thinking though after all the complaints the first two games on one-sided announcing, I doubt the packer fans were thrilled with that 😛

It was a great convo though - Beane really is great at giving some meaningful comment and not just cliches

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah like all the 2pt conversion attempts in game 2 they work on things but the mindset is still there I think.

I think they're also flipping a lot of guys around into spots where you won't necessarily see them in actual games.

They're playing to win but I feel like they're focused on getting some good film and putting people into a wide variety of scenarios.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Fromm with a Josh impersonation!

Allen’s mini me, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NE Branch said:

Something more recent like Houston comes to mind.

Look, I'm a big JA fan but there are very very few QBs who I think are ready today (due to COVID) to cope with road crowd noise.   The question was about crowd noise, I offered an opinion.  It seems like many folks disagree, that's great.  I'll know more after week 5.

Your belief is Josh is going to turn into Trent Edwards cause he has to play on the road? Ok 

• Disagree 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Your belief is Josh is going to turn into Trent Edwards cause he has to play on the road? Ok 

before covid Josh was better on the road than at home so it only makes sense that he's not ready for road noise... ya know. 

Also, water is pretty dry.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Is water wet?

If water makes other things wet than it only makes sense that water is dry! The wetness leaves the water to make the other thing wet so what you have left is dry!!!

The circle of life. 

• Chandler#81 changed the title to 8/28/01 Gameday Thread Bills vs Packers Preseason finale 2nd Half