Bills, Steelers week 1 temperature check

52 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

Something tells me Bills Fans feel the TEAM is better than they really are.  We couldn't run the ball effectively most of last season and what has changed for 2021?  Teams have had a year to figure out Allen's weaknesses!  Our defense wasn't  great - scary at times - and 2 rookie pass rushers may not make it much different?  

The OL has had a training camp together. Feliciano is playing lighter and that is good as you could see once he went in a direction he was done. Maybe not so much now. On top of that Ford is playing RG and that's the way we are going to run. Look for Our center, Morse to look better this year playing in between two better guards. The more you do anything with a group of guys the better you get. They'll be better this year. On top of that, Daboll's #1 priority by far last season was developing our QB and developing a passing offense for said QB. That takes an incredible amount of time to do that. The run game (coordination) fell by the way-side. We worked on it this summer and Billieve me it will be a lot better. Singletary and Moss are good backs that are hungry. They're going to prove a lot to fans this year, watch. Imho, Singletary is the better one, often reminding me of Thurman Thomas the way he runs. He is not good at avoiding hits like Thomas was at the end of plays (so he can keep playing and not get hurt) but he is very quick and extremely elusive nearly always making the first tackler miss. He is slow but has an extremely quick burst, shakes and shimmies, can't be armed tackled, he's good.

I think our defense usually looks pretty good. They looked pretty good vs. the colts and ravens last winter in the playoffs.

Its not a great defense, nor will it be unless Tremaine (the guy the defense runs through) is great. However, Tremaine is good and so is our defense. Maybe he'll be better this year? Maybe the age thing is real for him? If he does get better, so does the whole defense. The front four will definitely be better this year with all that depth. We lack a stud DT though...maybe next year? Maybe Ed somehow breaks out? I thought it ducked that Harry hurt his knee. He was playing well in preseason and training camp.

I think we're the third best team in league behind KC and Tampa. I think we're there solidly and all alone. We have a true MVP candidate in Allen and we surrounded him with very good football players. We have no real weaknesses, that is, we're not bad at anything. 

I sure would like Ertz, another starting level corner and Phillips to have a brand new knee.

Ertz to have another guy to run a lot of offense thru. I'm worried we are going to run out of weapons again exactly like we did last year. Ertz can help us there a lot.

We sure are thin at CB. At least we know who our dimeback is, See: Pittsburgh.

We need guys that will shutdown the run like manly men. Not sure we have enough. Harry would help here, imho...It's a lowdown, dirty shame, but that's life for you.

So.... That's why we're #3.

- Great player at most important position by far.

- No big holes anywhere (though I wish Harry was healthy. Maybe we can luck out in the waiver wire. Sometimes great run stoppers become available.)

- We're better than last year. See: held team together even the coaches which is a huge thing. Signed Sanders which is also huge. Had a great draft apparently. Very hard to do from pick 30 but all signs point to yes.

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why haven't they practiced or played?  Are they holding out of TC?

TJ Watt is holding out for a new contract, yes. Sadly, Stephon Tuitt's younger brother was killed in a hit and run accident about a month ago so he has chosen to not participate in practices but he is there for meetings and doing conditioning on the side.

3 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

What do you think the chances are the Steelers upset the Bills. 

Bills currently -7. Live in Steelers country and it’s the most important game on the schedule to me personally. 

Please share opinions 

Week 1 games are notoriously hard to predict and often times are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things regarding how teams will fare during the season.  Chances are probably higher than normal, but I still don't think they are great.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When he said "temperature check" I thought immediately of possible Covid symptoms and who we might lose to Covid protocols 😝

Hey, we can’t talk about that.  Where are the mods when you need them?  😇👏👏👏👏

Just kidding bud. I’ll wait for the fourth or fifth thread later to comment in two weeks.  Needless to say, but most of you know my opinion about what will happen.

Go Bills.

The Bills are a Super Bowl contender playing in front of a full house of fans. The Stillers are a playoff wannabe with a past-his-prime QB and shaky OL.

We won’t be sweating this game after halftime. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Bills currently -7. Live in Steelers country and it’s the most important game on the schedule to me personally. 

Please share opinions 

Bills are better at nearly every position and the Bills will have fans for this game…Steelers oline is replacing three starters and Ben is now 38…The Dline gets to Ben this one has a chance to be over by half time…if there’s no pass rush then the Steelers have a punchers chance 

8 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Please share opinions 

So confident already looking ahead to week two.

9 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I started hearing this pretty recently too and chalked it up another addition to the ever growing list of consultant-y buzzwords. 

Boots on the ground

pivot

drill down

leverage

temperature check

... blah blah blah...

That’s a lot to unpack

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Please share opinions 

Should be a fun game to watch! Strength v Strength.  I’d say 7 is a good number with that Steelers D. Chances of an upset? 25%

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I 100% opened this thread because I wanted to see what the long term weather prediction was. Shame on me I guess for thinking that…

For that you have to go to the new stadium thread in which you’ll read dozens of posts about how it’ll be sub freezing with fifty mile per hour winds! 

10 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

What kind of thermometer we talking? 😯 

And are we taking the temperature orally, rectally or with one of those forehead scanners?  Makes a big difference in my opinion, but any way you do it I'm predicting the Bills in a solid win before a rocking home crowd.  Steelers' O-line will have at least 3 false start penalties because of the noise!