The "Right Josh" is no longer available; signed by the Falcons.

The Dean

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

And theree is a very good chance Darnold succeeds this year in Carolina

And here was the 1st sentence that came out of the two QBs:  (not exactly....but close enough)

Josh Allen -  Thank you to the Bills organization to making the leap in me and putting the faith in me. I am going to make them look the smartest people out there. I am humble and blessed to be part of the Bills Mafia. It is the greatest day of my life !

Josh Rosen -  There were nine mistakes made ahead of me,  In the next decade or so I will prove that they made mistakes...

Allen was focused on his new team...Rosen was focused the 9 teams that did not draft him.....The attitude was visible....

It is sad that a highly sought after college recruit, who was the first true freshman to start at UCLA screwed up in the NFL.....

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

Full disclosure……I agreed with you at the time. 

I think letting that out might help………

Specifically, Allen reminded me of our last few first round QB busts, EJ and JP. Good arms, great athletes, 10 cent heads. Obviously, that turned out NOT to be the case with Allen. He's not only exceptionally bright, but also has an iron will. He simply will not stop until he's the best quarterback he can possibly be. That separates him from most.

Josh Allen's success taught me one thing: there is no statistic -- analytics or otherwise -- that can measure the heart of a man.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

And in both Miami and SF, there has been an established veteran at #1 on the depth chart making him number 3. He needs reps to show what he has got or not got.

NOT got.......period.

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

He had all the reps in Arizona. You saw the result. 

I watched most of their games that season and he really didn’t look that bad for a rookie QB on a horrible team. But they never gave him a chance to improve. They got a new coach, a new QB and kicked him to the curb. He has never been in a stable situation since.  He may have never become good but he really had no chance. Life isn’t fair I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

For a rookie with non-existent support, he still won 3 games and had a 66+ Rating - FYI Peyton Manning with a lot more support had 71 rating in his rookie season.

But Arizona hired Kingsbury and had the #1 pick, which made the Murray pick inevitable. Even so, Arizona was undecided for a long while - not at all like the Burrow / Lawrence scenarios. With even the #2 pick instead of #1, Arizona woulda likely continued with Rosen.

This comes to the heart of the matter. When you are the third stringer practice reps are at a premium. I am not sure he got enough in Mia and SF.

He may have still sucked with enough practice reps - but we would never know unless he gets those reps.

Wow.....even after all the evidence your fanboy for him is STILL strong.  Crazy!!  Just Crazy!!!  You related?

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

Josh Allen's success taught me one thing: there is no statistic -- analytics or otherwise -- that can measure the heart of a man.

If Hallmark had a “guy’s division”, that would be in there! 

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, vincec said:

I watched most of their games that season and he really didn’t look that bad for a rookie QB on a horrible team. But they never gave him a chance to improve. They got a new coach, a new QB and kicked him to the curb. He has never been in a stable situation since.  He may have never become good but he really had no chance. Life isn’t fair I guess.

Really? He made like 6 good throws all year. He was horrible 

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I may be in the minority here but I actually feel kinda bad for the kid. Like Darnold I feel he didn't get the commitment to develop and build around them from the team that drafted them. You get drafted and then your new HC runs you out of town the following year. WTF Arizona!! 

That being said, I'm so glad we have our guy! Good luck to you Joshua Ballinger Lippincott Rosen😝

I was just talking to a buddy about how Fromm is getting a raw deal from us.  5th rd pick. 2years out of practice because of covid.  Even if he were to be here next year how much effort are the coaches going to put into trying to develop a 5th rd pick, that hasnt played and likely regressed since he was drafted in the 5th.  Im guessing not much effort.  Dude gets released and whats his angle from there?

NFL is a ruthless business!!!  Fromms gunna have some regrets about his career whenever its all over

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

You might be trolling all of us but let me comment if what you post is what you think.

After his ARZ deal he was given a great chance to show something in MIA.

He played in the first 5 games starting the last 3.

His last game started in the NFL Stat Line is as follows:

15 of 25 for 85 Yards.  A 3.4 yards per attempt and a -.2 yards Adjusted Yards per Attempt.

0 TDs vs 2 INT (1TD vs 5 INT while with MIA).

5 Sacks

QBR of 32.9 out of a possible 158.3.

How anyone can defend that and use his "poor little ego was crushed" in ARZ gets nothing but crocodile tears from me.

Then end it all with being cut on a team from 90 players down to 85.

All armchair GMs should take this to heart.

Trolling? Cmon dude. Just saying he wasn't put in the best situations to succeed. Not a very good team in Arizona albeit a lot better than what Josh had.  I'm not saying he would've set the world ablaze, he probably would've still sucked. I kinda get his cocky entitled attitude rubbed people the wrong way. You don't think Josh has some cockiness to him? Plenty of players have already come out and said he does his fair share of 💩 talking. To his credit he just keeps it on the field.