The "Right Josh" is no longer available; signed by the Falcons.

The Dean

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Mike Glennon might have a case that he's better than Geno & Matt Barkley is still in the league.  It wasn't that hard to figure out that 2013 was a dud class BEFORE the draft.  The only ones who didn't figure that out were Nix & Whaley.  

You may have an argument there… but at least it’s safe to say Geno > EJ.

• Disagree 2

17 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

No no no…. I’m saying if they are drafted to Buffalo they probably are better QB’s than the QB’s they turned out to be in actuality.  But I still don’t feel they’d ever be as as good Josh was this year.  That’s what I meant.  

OK, that makes sense/

44 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

No argument there. But Buffalo did everything possible to develop and provide him with players, scheme and an environment to thrive. What did the Jets and Cards do?

I think it has more to do with being humble and having outstanding work ethic to want to improve.  Rosen has always seemed to me to be the type that thinks they are already Tom Brady and doesn't have to do anything but show up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

Feel sorry for Rosen. I may be in the minority but I believe that he still doesn’t get a fair shake. He has been supplanted by the #1 overall pick, #4 overall pick and #3 overall pick in successive seasons. No organization picking that high is ever going to give Rosen a fair shake above their top 5 pick. 

And in both Miami and SF, there has been an established veteran at #1 on the depth chart making him number 3. He needs reps to show what he has got or not got.

Edit: Y’all make a convincing case that he has had enough chances. I stand corrected.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Feel sorry for Rosen. I may be in the minority but I believe that he still doesn’t get a fair shake. He has been supplanted by the #1 overall pick, #4 overall pick and #3 overall pick in successive seasons. No organization picking that high is ever going to give Rosen a fair shake above their top 5 pick. 

And in both Miami and SF, there has been an established veteran at #1 on the depth chart making him number 3. He needs reps to show what he has got or not got.

He had all the reps in Arizona. You saw the result. 

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

You may have an argument there… but at least it’s safe to say Geno > EJ.

Not that levels of suckitude really matter, but I don't think it is safe to say that. Geno 41 g, 31 st, 29/36, 57.7 completion, EJ 30 g, 18 st, 20/16, 58.1 completion. EJ might just have been wise enough to know it was time to hang it up sooner and take an announcer role (which he's really not bad at from the little i've heard). The real mistake was as the poster you're responding to said, Buddy putting himself in the situation where they had to take a QB in the worst possible QB year. Picking EJ or Geno would have been the same wrong move anyway, Geno was more of a trainwreck where EJ was just meh.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

The split second between the words "Josh" and "Allen" coming out of Roger Goodell's mouth on draft day felt like an eternity. I so badly wanted the pick to be Rosen in that moment (I preferred Mayfield and Darnold, but both were off the board), and I was initially so despondent that the Bills had chosen Allen.
I was an idiot. I mean, I'm STILL an idiot, but....boy oh boy, was I wrong. It is unquestionably the happiest I've ever been to be so wrong in my life.

As for Rosen now? Well...I'm just not sure he's going to get many more opportunities. After you've flamed out with three teams in so short a time after being a 1st round draft picks...not sure how many teams are going to keep taking swings at you.

You have a LOT of people agreeing with you!   :)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

SEE ITEM BELOW ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

image.png.52495991413a32f91af4645db636f908.png

With an opening act like that, everyone was just dying to give him a 'fair shake'. 🤨

34 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Really? You think they ARE better QBs? Or might have been at draft time?

Not sure I'd agree. The plan to sit him and let him learn, was a fine plan, IMO. But it had to be aborted.  Josh succeeded despite the Bills plan going awry. 

This 100%....I still can't believe how much misinterpretation many fans had over their plans for Allen in year one.  Same thing with the fans losing their minds with who we had at WR in the early McBeane years and thinking McDermott wanted to primarily just run the ball.  It was clear they were building this thing from the ground up from day one and the team was going to evolve over time.  With that said I never thought the offense would look this good!

12 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I suspect all the teams that he has been with saw him significantly and they still let him go. If he had been worth retaining, he would still be with one of those teams. 

• Agree 3