The "Right Josh" is no longer available; signed by the Falcons.

The Dean

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

There are some who are still convinced that Josh Rosen just needs the right situation to be successful

Tough go get a much better situation than having Shanahan as a HC.

• Like (+1) 5

I've said this before on this forum, but...

The split second between the words "Josh" and "Allen" coming out of Roger Goodell's mouth on draft day felt like an eternity. I so badly wanted the pick to be Rosen in that moment (I preferred Mayfield and Darnold, but both were off the board), and I was initially so despondent that the Bills had chosen Allen.

I was an idiot. I mean, I'm STILL an idiot, but....boy oh boy, was I wrong. It is unquestionably the happiest I've ever been to be so wrong in my life.

As for Rosen now? Well...I'm just not sure he's going to get many more opportunities. After you've flamed out with three teams in so short a time after being a 1st round draft picks...not sure how many teams are going to keep taking swings at you.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

The split second between the words "Josh" and "Allen" coming out of Roger Goodell's mouth on draft day felt like an eternity. I so badly wanted the pick to be Rosen in that moment (I preferred Mayfield and Darnold, but both were off the board), and I was initially so despondent that the Bills had chosen Allen.

I was an idiot. I mean, I'm STILL an idiot, but....boy oh boy, was I wrong. It is unquestionably the happiest I've ever been to be so wrong in my life.

As for Rosen now? Well...I'm just not sure he's going to get many more opportunities. After you've flamed out with three teams in so short a time after being a 1st round draft picks...not sure how many teams are going to keep taking swings at you.

If he accepts them, he will continue to get opportunities, IMO. They likely won't be gems, mind you.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

This was me as well. 

I had my reasons. We had just tried drafting a project QB in EJ Manuel and we finally had a playoff roster. I still thought we could make it work under Tyrod.

Rosen was considered one of the most pro ready to handle an offense and was an accurate passer.

I am very, very happy that I was wrong. Allen is unusual in that he has continually increased his accuracy along with just making smarter decisions. The fact that I still think he's improving after a near MVP season speaks to a sky high ceiling.

• Like (+1) 9

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Similar to my story except I wanted nothing to do with Darnold or Allen. So glad to be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

Think of the close calls.  I'm still convinced that if Denver hadn't traded up to take Tebow, we would have grabbed him we would have been looking to take him.  He had dinner w/ Jim Kelly during a trip to Buffalo during draft process and had his stamp of approval.  Just imagine if we had drafted Tebow... and then followed that up with Rosen.  Did I just say all that out loud?!?

Edited by cage
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

I may be in the minority here but I actually feel kinda bad for the kid. Like Darnold I feel he didn't get the commitment to develop and build around them from the team that drafted them. You get drafted and then your new HC runs you out of town the following year. WTF Arizona!! 

That being said, I'm so glad we have our guy! Good luck to you Joshua Ballinger Lippincott Rosen😝

• Like (+1) 11
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1