The "Right Josh" is no longer available; signed by the Falcons.

The Dean

5 minutes ago, Draconator said:

He had all the reps in Arizona. You saw the result. 

For a rookie with non-existent support, he still won 3 games and had a 66+ Rating - FYI Peyton Manning with a lot more support had 71 rating in his rookie season.

But Arizona hired Kingsbury and had the #1 pick, which made the Murray pick inevitable. Even so, Arizona was undecided for a long while - not at all like the Burrow / Lawrence scenarios. With even the #2 pick instead of #1, Arizona woulda likely continued with Rosen.

4 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I suspect all the teams that he has been with saw him significantly and they still let him go. If he had been worth retaining, he would still be with one of those teams. 

This comes to the heart of the matter. When you are the third stringer practice reps are at a premium. I am not sure he got enough in Mia and SF.

He may have still sucked with enough practice reps - but we would never know unless he gets those reps.

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

This was me as well. 

I had my reasons. We had just tried drafting a project QB in EJ Manuel and we finally had a playoff roster. I still thought we could make it work under Tyrod.

Rosen was considered one of the most pro ready to handle an offense and was an accurate passer.

I am very, very happy that I was wrong. Allen is unusual in that he has continually increased his accuracy along with just making smarter decisions. The fact that I still think he's improving after a near MVP season speaks to a sky high ceiling.

Which makes your wonder how much the team that drafts you factors into how good you'll be as a pro. 

12 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Feel sorry for Rosen. I may be in the minority but I believe that he still doesn’t get a fair shake. He has been supplanted by the #1 overall pick, #4 overall pick and #3 overall pick in successive seasons. No organization picking that high is ever going to give Rosen a fair shake above their top 5 pick. 

And in both Miami and SF, there has been an established veteran at #1 on the depth chart making him number 3. He needs reps to show what he has got or not got.

Why do you think his teams draft QBs in the next draft after he shows up? 

In Arizona, he had a bad rookie year and based on what they saw on Sundays and in practice the team realized quickly the had drafted a bust & he was dealt after his rookie year because Arizona was smart enough to realize they could still salvage something for him before he was totally exposed.  New coach Kingsbury was not going to risk his coaching career on Josh Rosen after watching the film on him & talking with team management about Rosen's rookie year. 

When he got to Miami he lost the starting job to Fitz.  They came in on an equal footing and Rosen failed when he played.  So, the Dolphins realizing that he wasn't the answer drafted Tua a year AFTER acquiring Rosen. Then when he was waived by Miami after nobody would even give them a 7th rounder & pick up his rookie contract, he couldn't find 1 team to sign him to their 53 man roster and had to sign on as a practice squad player with Tampa. 

Then SF got a slew of QB injuries and signed Rosen off Tampa's practice squad.  The surprising thing is why SF bothered to re-sign Rosen.  My guess is at the time SF signed Rosen in February the only other QB on the roster was Jimmy Garoppolo, who they were thinking of trading if they could get a decent return (especially by NE before they drafted Jones) and viewed him as a camp body.  Then in March they make the deal for the #3 pick, obviously to draft a QB & then in early April before the draft they signed Nate Sudfeld, even giving him a signing bonus as opposed to Rosen who got nothing to sign for 2021.  When they didn't trade Jimmy G Rosen's fate was almost sealed, but they wanted to see what they had before releasing him.  Then after he has a very mediocre camp, he looks pretty bad in the 1st exhibition game throwing a very inopportune pick deep in KC territory with nobody close to the CB who caught the ball.  That INT sealed his almost sealed fate at that point.

Bottom line: If Rosen had shown even 1 team of the 4 he was on any promise, they wouldn't have viewed him as an afterthought & drafted a QB in the very next draft.  Even Tampa, where he was a practice squad player didn't make any attempt to keep him when SF called him last year & then drafted Kyle Trask in the 2nd round.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I've said this before on this forum, but...

The split second between the words "Josh" and "Allen" coming out of Roger Goodell's mouth on draft day felt like an eternity. I so badly wanted the pick to be Rosen in that moment (I preferred Mayfield and Darnold, but both were off the board), and I was initially so despondent that the Bills had chosen Allen.

I was an idiot. I mean, I'm STILL an idiot, but....boy oh boy, was I wrong. It is unquestionably the happiest I've ever been to be so wrong in my life.

As for Rosen now? Well...I'm just not sure he's going to get many more opportunities. After you've flamed out with three teams in so short a time after being a 1st round draft picks...not sure how many teams are going to keep taking swings at you.

Yep, this was me on that draft night as well. Alot of it was just what I'd heard through media/radio. Allen was being talked about like losman 2.0 and that was scary to me. Obviously I'm super happy we were all wrong. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

For a rookie with non-existent support, he still won 3 games and had a 66+ Rating - FYI Peyton Manning with a lot more support had 71 rating in his rookie season.

But Arizona hired Kingsbury and had the #1 pick, which made the Murray pick inevitable. Even so, Arizona was undecided for a long while - not at all like the Burrow / Lawrence scenarios. With even the #2 pick instead of #1, Arizona woulda likely continued with Rosen.

This comes to the heart of the matter. When you are the third stringer practice reps are at a premium. I am not sure he got enough in Mia and SF.

He may have still sucked with enough practice reps - but we would never know unless he gets those reps.

1) More proof QB stats, especially ratings are worthless in comparing QBs.  

2) Arizona had a number of coaches they could have hired.  I'm sure they talked it over with each candidate what to do with Rosen.  They chose Kingsbury because he was the one who didn't want Rosen & said Murray fit his offense.  Once Kingsbury was named coach the decision on Murray was made, there was nothing undecided by the time Kingsbury was hired.  I guess the smokescreen worked on you because if they were in any way not sure they wanted to drop Rosen, they would have hired a coach with a more conventional offense that gave Rosen a chance.  I don't buy for a second they would have kept Rosen if they had the 2nd pick, because the next 2 teams were not in the QB market & if they had beaten out the Cards for the top pick would have taken Nick Bosa who went 2nd. So at #2 Murray would have been on the board. 

3) He got enough reps in 2019 in Miami & sucked both in practice & in the games they let him start over Fitzpatrick.  He was 1 or 1A with Miami in 2019, so that goes down the drain.  

SF should have cut him either the day they signed Sudfeld or right after they drafted Lance.  However, by then the pickings were already slim amomg teams left who would even give him a chance.  If he's on anything other than a practice squad by September, I'll be shocked.  There's a very good chance his only chance is in another league either the CFL, the XFL or the Spring League where Ryan Mallett ended up and they don't even pay their players any salaries.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I've said this before on this forum, but...

The split second between the words "Josh" and "Allen" coming out of Roger Goodell's mouth on draft day felt like an eternity. I so badly wanted the pick to be Rosen in that moment (I preferred Mayfield and Darnold, but both were off the board), and I was initially so despondent that the Bills had chosen Allen.

I was an idiot. I mean, I'm STILL an idiot, but....boy oh boy, was I wrong. It is unquestionably the happiest I've ever been to be so wrong in my life.

As for Rosen now? Well...I'm just not sure he's going to get many more opportunities. After you've flamed out with three teams in so short a time after being a 1st round draft picks...not sure how many teams are going to keep taking swings at you.

Full disclosure……I agreed with you at the time. 

I think letting that out might help………

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I may be in the minority here but I actually feel kinda bad for the kid. Like Darnold I feel he didn't get the commitment to develop and build around them from the team that drafted them. You get drafted and then your new HC runs you out of town the following year. WTF Arizona!! 

That being said, I'm so glad we have our guy! Good luck to you Joshua Ballinger Lippincott Rosen😝

No sympathy from me. He was an arrogant SOB. And puny compared to JA. I’m glad we skipped over “wrong” Josh. 

Edited by Jester
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I may be in the minority here but I actually feel kinda bad for the kid. Like Darnold I feel he didn't get the commitment to develop and build around them from the team that drafted them. You get drafted and then your new HC runs you out of town the following year. WTF Arizona!! 

That being said, I'm so glad we have our guy! Good luck to you Joshua Ballinger Lippincott Rosen😝

You might be trolling all of us but let me comment if what you post is what you think.

After his ARZ deal he was given a great chance to show something in MIA.

He played in the first 5 games starting the last 3.

His last game started in the NFL Stat Line is as follows:

15 of 25 for 85 Yards.  A 3.4 yards per attempt and a -.2 yards Adjusted Yards per Attempt.

0 TDs vs 2 INT (1TD vs 5 INT while with MIA).

5 Sacks

QBR of 32.9 out of a possible 158.3.

How anyone can defend that and use his "poor little ego was crushed" in ARZ gets nothing but crocodile tears from me.

Then end it all with being cut on a team from 90 players down to 85.

All armchair GMs should take this to heart.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like ‘em, and listen to them pretty regularly, but Howard and Jeremy on WGR have seriously not eaten nearly enough crow for the “fear bunker” tantrum they threw when the Bills picked Josh Allen over Josh Rosen. Lol. #BillsMafia let them off the hook way too easy. Someone should play that tape for JA17 so he can get a good laugh.

1 minute ago, Jester said:

No sympathy from me. He was an arrogant SOB. And puny compared to JA. I’m glad we skipped over “wrong” Josh. 

You can say that again!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Mike Glennon might have a case that he's better than Geno & Matt Barkley is still in the league.  It wasn't that hard to figure out that 2013 was a dud class BEFORE the draft.  The only ones who didn't figure that out were Nix & Whaley.  

Mike Glennon is light years ahead of both of them especially Geno. He's proved himself as a viable backup. Looking at his career stats, they aren't bad at all. Funny because he was a guy I was really high on pre-draft. He's got a cannon.