Mahomes is bringing whataburger to KC do you think Allen would be willing to bring In and Out Burger to Buffalo

Batman1876

No such thing as an underrated burger joint..........they all range only from bad to OK.....it's just hamburger......... and it could be either end of the spectrum depending on the day you were there.

In N Out is at the high end of OK for fast food from my experience.....but it's a burger.......human version of pet food.......so not hard to over-cook and make flavorless etc..  

And like anything fried fresh,  fresh cut potatoes need to be done just right to not be offensive to people used to eating the frozen or re-constituted stuff(aka pringles eaters).  

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No such thing as an underrated burger joint..........they all range only from bad to OK.....it's just hamburger......... and it could be either end of the spectrum depending on the day you were there.

In N Out is at the high end of OK for fast food from my experience.....but it's a burger.......human version of pet food.......so not hard to over-cook and make flavorless etc..  

And like anything fried fresh,  fresh cut potatoes need to be done just right to not be offensive to people used to eating the frozen or re-constituted stuff(aka pringles eaters).  

Anyone who can't handle a fresh cut potato needs to gtfo the tailgate

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

After a little web search,   per In & Outs web site, there are no In & Outs in NYC, it’s urban myth, 

My fault, just did a street zoom to see what I was seeing whenever I looked over there and it’s a deli called “In & Out,” same color scheme.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't understand the cult following for either place. Both are fine. Red Robin has far superior burgers to both places, but it isn't fast food, I suppose, so maybe people don't want to compare.

Most cities have local restaurants that make better burgers than either of those chains.

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I lived in TX for 40 some odd years and ate at Whataburger on occasion.

I used to travel to CA on bidness before they came to TX after I left and I ALWAYS got at least 1 In-n-Out hit in.

IMHO Whataburger stinks but In-n-Out rocks.

So what specifically do you like about In-n-Out? They just taste like normal cheeseburgers to me. Yes, better than McDonald's or the other really big chains, but still just an average hamburger. I just have never understood the number of people that really love it.

Some people mentioned 5 Guys earlier and I think 5 Guys is superior to In-n-Out, although I do not like their fries.

20 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Firstly, literal lol. 

Secondly, i think of that trip often and each time I think of how weird it was that you elected to sleep on the couch and not the guest bedroom. 

Like, it couldn’t have been anymore inconvenient for me when I wanted to watch tv in the morning. 

Told you that I won’t sleep in that room until you wash your Freaks and Geeks bedding from 2000.

Ball = your court.

8 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Be thankful you have Bill Gray's up in upstate NY.

I fantasize about their burgers more than a sane person should.

I couldn't understand the Bill Gray's mention until your post.  It suddenly occurred to me they were talking about the place across from the windmills.  I never knew there was more than one and they even had them in Buffalo.  Today I learned.

Edit.  Looks like today I also learned both locations in Buffalo are closed permanently according to internet info.

Edited by Greybeard

KC is a carnivorous town, saturated with burger and bbq joints.

It doesn't need another burger chain - it already has numerous burgers options.  What KC needs is more diversity.

But I do love a good burger.  Both In-And-Out and Five Guys do burgers right.  Nothing fancy, just good fresh ingredients making for tasty, juicy burgers.  

If you want a truly superior burger, go to an upscale steakhouse and get something with real Kobe beef.  If you want a convenient, cheap burger made from a frozen patty: go to McDonalds.  In-And-Out and Five Guys admirably fill a niche in between the extremes.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't understand the cult following for either place. Both are fine. Red Robin has far superior burgers to both places, but it isn't fast food, I suppose, so maybe people don't want to compare.

Most cities have local restaurants that make better burgers than either of those chains.

So what specifically do you like about In-n-Out? They just taste like normal cheeseburgers to me. Yes, better than McDonald's or the other really big chains, but still just an average hamburger. I just have never understood the number of people that really love it.

Some people mentioned 5 Guys earlier and I think 5 Guys is superior to In-n-Out, although I do not like their fries.

In-N-Out is a normal cheeseburger.  That's exactly what makes it great.  Simple cheeseburgers, done right, are fantastic.  Some of the fast food behemoths find ways to ruin, much like they ruined shakes by making them with complicated mixes instead of real ice cream and good simple ingredients.

I hate In-N-Out fries though.  Five Guys fries are way better.  Even McD fries are better.

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Are all of the people in Austin believe this crap and talk about it?

No. No one is talking about it in Austin. We just got an MLS team this year and that's most of the sports buzz here... that and UT. I have a hard time imagining an NFL team here—it's not really an NFL town.

That said, I can see Austin making a push in another 5–10 years to bring a team here. The growth here is insane and the demographics of this city will be completely different by 2026. I just hope it's not the Bills—and I feel pretty confident that it won't be. 

18 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Are there in and out burgers in Pennsylvania?

Now locations can be found in 19 states, including five stores in Pennsylvania, as well as 11 other countries. The chain keeps its menu simple: burgers, fries, shakes and drinks. In-N-Out Burger opened its first store in 1948, which was the first drive-through hamburger stand in California.May 18, 2017

image.thumb.png.9749fa51ffcc092f94556049856715e3.png

where is this from?  still cant find it