Mahomes is bringing whataburger to KC do you think Allen would be willing to bring In and Out Burger to Buffalo

Batman1876

21 minutes ago, wjag said:

feel the same way about Tim Hortons.  You WNYers are gaga about it.  I don't get it..  It's one step up from Your Host (or what we used to call Your Hole) for you old timers on here.  My family gave me gift cards to Tim Hoes.  Said thank you very much..   I regifted them... 🙂 

1) Tim Hortons has gone downhill a lot in the past ~5 years after Burger King bought them

2) Their coffee was never that great - although I did love their breakfast sandwhiches 

• Like (+1) 1

Double-Double Animal Style with well-done fries, thanks Josh!

Have to agree with others though, doubtful that they would dilute their west-coast brand. Sad face.

Also, while we're on the topic of bringing fast food chains to Buffalo, we need a Zaxby's ASAP. Winner of the chicken wars IMO. 

Edited by Dont Stop Billeiving
  • Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Better yet have Trubiski get Portillos in there 

Al's Italian Beef.

10 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Double-Double Animal Style with well-done fries, thanks Josh!

Have to agree with others though, doubtful that they would dilute their west-coast brand. Sad face.

Also, while we're on the topic of bringing fast food chains to Buffalo, we need a Zaxby's ASAP. Winner of the chicken wars IMO. 

Correct on the double double animal style and Zaxby's.  One correction, animal fries, no spread.

• Like (+1) 2

Ha, I wish Allen would bring WhatABurger to Buffalo too.  Whenever we're visiting the wife's fam in Alabama we always go there.  They make a jalepeno burger that's better than any fast food burger you can get in Upstate NY

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

We have one here and its basically Teds without the neon green relish. Used to have a couple of Whattaburgers around here, loved that place. Someone mentioned Shake Shack... there is one near downtown Tampa now but have never been.

1 hour ago, wjag said:

feel the same way about Tim Hortons.  You WNYers are gaga about it.  I don't get it..  It's one step up from Your Host (or what we used to call Your Hole) for you old timers on here.  My family gave me gift cards to Tim Hoes.  Said thank you very much..   I regifted them... 🙂 

I can't do hortons.  No standards for their drinks.  And the food is terrible.

1 hour ago, Batman1876 said:

If Mahomes can bring the Texas burger joint to KC I’m sure Allen could use his clout to bring the California burger icon to Buffalo. 

If this were to happen then Josh would officially pass Jim Kelly on my Boss of Buffalo list. Until then, Jim is still #1! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

how about a chain that’s actually, you know, good?

Right?

Five Guys beats In n Out, but it looks like there's already several in Buffalo.

Edited by galept
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Batman1876 said:

If Mahomes can bring the Texas burger joint to KC I’m sure Allen could use his clout to bring the California burger icon to Buffalo. 

1 hour ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

In-N-Out.

Portillos.

Meh. 🤨

Tried and true:

57 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I don’t understand the Tim Horton’s love either. I feel like I can get a coffee just as good at any gas station. 

btw… that’s a solid your host deep cut. Loved that place. Mini jukeboxes FTW. 

Funny, I distinctly remember you raving about Timmies the last time we hung out.

You even woke me up at 6am while I was soundly sleeping on your couch by shouting “WAKE UP JAYYYY ITS TIMMMMMMMMMY TIME!!!”

And then I woke up and we went to Timmies.

• Haha (+1) 1

In-n-Out will only deliver fresh, never frozen meat to its retail locations. That means that any restaurant cannot be more than give or take 300 miles from a meat distribution center. There are only 2 as of 2018 in I think California and Texas.

They also don't franchise, all locations are corporate.

JA17 has his work cut out for him.

• Like (+1) 1

A few comments on the post and above comments:

• I live out west and In and Out is very good.  It's simple, fresh fast-food burger and fries at a reasonable price.  They are confined to the western part of the US and are unlikley to come to Buffalo unless they start a huge operation in the eastern part of the country.
  • Five Guys has great fries and their burgers are pretty good, but I think it is overall too slow and too expensive.
  • Whataburger is also good, but nothing earth-shattering.
  • I lived in Chicago for many years.  Portillos is extremely popular, but in my estimation, overrated.  I prefer Ted's for hot dogs.  I love Chicago dogs too, but I don't think Portillos make them that much better than other Chicago places.
  • I moved out of Buffalo before Tim Horton's became big.  I don't drink coffee.  On the rare occasions we are back in WNY, my wife enjoys their coffee and the rest of the family enjoys their donuts.  I prefer to patronize Horton's due to its WNY/Southern Ontario connections (and the fact that its namesake was a Buffalo Sabre) over Massachusetts-based Dunkin' Donuts (screw the Bruins, Patriots, and Red Sox, and all Massholes).
  • I prefer Josh focus on football and stay out of other businesses.  A commercial or endorsement here or there is fine.  After winning a Super Bowl, he can do whatever he wants....
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1