Training Camp practice 7/31 - open to fans at Highmark Stadium

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

What you don't see in this video of an Epenesa sack is Tremaine Edmunds dropping a gift-wrapped interception that was right in his grill......it bounced off his mitts and the deflection was almost caught by a DB.   He's gotta' make those gift wrapped plays.

Josh Allen had a rough day in 11-on-11's..........no doubt about it.

Kumerow really stood out..........he looks like a different player.........crisp footwork and faster than I thought he could be.     Looked way ahead of Hodgins and Stevenson.     

Obada and Rousseau looked good..........Obada got his tweets in this thread already but Rousseau had a nice sack of Trubisky that I haven't seen posted..........it was one of his patented moves where he maintains the level of the QB and when Trubisky stepped up Rousseau was left with a clean shot.   Those are sack+fumble opps.   

McKenzie was by far the best looking of the punt returners.   He was comfortable and confident.    Stevenson and Powell didn't drop any but they weren't as smooth to receive it and quick after the catch.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

What I saw was Feliciano at LG and Ford at RG, switching from last year. Don't know if that's just for the cameras, for versatility or if it's longer term.

I also thought the work Mckenzie put in catching punts has him as a lock for punt returner. He settled under the punt the best and I didn't see any bobbles. As long as he hangs on to the ball he will be the man. Also looks like he's in the plans for the offense.

Knox spent a lot of time early in the practice working on catching. The TE coach was throwing tennis balls around with him and Know was just doing a lot of extra work. Seems like he's really putting some effort in. I will say the TE coach did get a good workout in today, he is all energy all the time.

I'm not sure, but I think Tommy Sweeneys covid battle might have set him back physically a little. Just seemed that way to me.

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Just one man's opinion but I thought he was pretty sharp today. I have no other practice to compare it to but Allen looked good to me, as much as one can in a no-pads practice and missing his top 2 receivers. He had one bad throw where he forced a ball that should have been picked. Other than that he threw like 90% of his passes to Beasley and Kumerow and they were mostly on target. Gabe Davis got almost no targets, it was kind of weird. The d-line also looked quite good. But again without pads it's hard to make sweeping judgments.

Remember folksgiphy.webp?cid=6c09b95257c6b10d64f0e6a3d

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, wjag said:

I'm always amazed at how truly big these guys are.  I once stood side-by-side next to Bruce Smith when he was in civilan clothes and I couldn't get over how much bigger he was than me.  Seeing the final frame of this video and Star walking up the tunnel you get a sense of how wide and thick his core is.  He is a stump.

This may sound ridiculous but it was actually the opposite for me. I was like either these guys aren't that big or I'm a big "b" ... 😂

I'm 5'10" and come from a family where the guys are all over 6'3" and the women are where I am or taller.

Back in 2001 when my cousin and I went to our first Bills game (RJ vs Flutie in SD) and were around some of the players before and after the game,  we were like wtf, they are just like us. I guess we had this expectation of feeling small next to them and it didn't happen. Obviously we are the exception and not the norm but I remember being disappointed. 

Edited by LVGrown
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

This may sound ridiculous but it was actually the opposite for me. I was like either these guys aren't that big or I'm a big "b" ... 😂

I'm 5'10" and come from a family where the guys are all over 6'3" and the women are where I am or taller.

Back in 2001 when my cousin and I went to our first Bills game (RJ vs Flutie in SD) and were around some of the players before and after the game,  we were like wtf, they are just like us. I guess we had this expectation of feeling small next to them and it didn't happen. Obviously we are the exception and not the norm but I remember being disappointed. 

I was recently thinking the same thing. Granted I'm a pretty decent sized guy, but I saw Ed Oliver at Tops a few weeks ago and was amazed at how big he wasn't.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

I've been around players and felt the same, but then there are a few ive stood next/near and felt like a pebble. Like Edmunds is gigantic 

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

I had first row seats behind the Bills bench for a game about ten years, and I felt the same. I’m not a big guy, but I wasn’t floored by how big everyone was. I was also surprised by how many players just had big athletic builds, opposed to insane muscles. I’ve seen a lot of crazier looking muscles in local gyms. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, yall said:

If only we could point to a Sunday night or Thanksgiving primetime game against a hostile crowd as evidence to counter this narrative....

You seem to be missing the point. It's not road crowds that are the problem -- it's the expectations of the home crowd and wanting to put on a show for them. It gets in Josh's head. He's admitted that he gets too hyped up in front of our fans and needs to improve.

The vast majority of Allen's best performances have been on the road. There's a reason for that.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, TheProcess said:

I’m for that, but if Fromm puts anything on tape in preseason, he’s most likely gone if cut. The league is a sucker for untapped QB potential. Webb may not want to be done playing. And he’s not as big a flight risk if cut. 

No reason for Webb to move to QB coach if he can stick around. The league is a sucker but to put fromm on an active roster seems like a stretch. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, yall said:

If only we could point to a Sunday night or Thanksgiving primetime game against a hostile crowd as evidence to counter this narrative....

Yes almost like we need him to play the Cowboys with Dak Prescott on Thanksgiving with a full stadium and be the best player on the field to change this narrative …..oh wait 🤔

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yes almost like we need him to play the Cowboys with Dak Prescott on Thanksgiving with a full stadium and be the best player on the field to change this narrative …..oh wait 🤔

it’s almost as if people on message boards blow things entirely out of proportion when they hear things they don’t like. 

Do you think every professional athlete is immune to making mistakes on the big stage?  Do you think they all completely tune out the crowds and perform the same under every circumstance?  There’s a reason the term “big stage” exists. Some athletes choke.  Some try and do too much.  Some are affected by nerves. Some rise to the occasion and thrive on the big stage.  All athletes are not created equal. I’ve seen Josh “try and do too much” on the big stage.  The worlds has. We’ve also seen him thrive and overcome. Let’s just not act like he is immune to it. He’s not

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2

50 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

No reason for Webb to move to QB coach if he can stick around. The league is a sucker but to put fromm on an active roster seems like a stretch. 

To be clear, my preference is that Fromm plays well in preseason and he sticks around as QB3 this year. Trubisky is likely here only 1 year and we need a capable backup when he’s gone. Capable being the operative word when speaking of Fromm. We don’t know what he has/does not have yet. Based on some of the early reports out of camp, Fromm has underwhelmed. If that continues, you cut both Fromm and Webb and keep one of them around on PS. Frees up an extra spot on the active roster for another player at a position of depth (e.g., WR, DL, OL, exclusive special teamer). 

• Agree 1