Training Camp practice 7/31 - open to fans at Highmark Stadium

50 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

As someone who was there I appreciate your perspective on this. As much as @Bangarang was joking around (I think... mostly), I admit that I'm a little anxious about how Josh will respond to the crowds this year and whether that brings back the *Sugar High Josh" we saw so much in year 1 and some in year 2.

Love Josh, but I really do think the empty stadiums helped him last year. I believe (and hope) that he's gotten over that hump, though.

I wish I wasn’t worried about the crowds, but I agree.  As much as people say “they’re professional athletes, they’ve been playing in front of huge crowds forever.  Well, Josh hasn’t really. He has a few times, but an nfl primetime or playoff game is a different experience as a QB.  I’m confident that he’s going to be great this season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he made more mistakes than last season. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Trubisky's past has nothing to do with fan support and everything to do with FO and coaching support.

Probably both. Trubisky kind of reminds me of Losman temperamentally in that like JP, I feel like Mitch will give it his all for whoever he is with, but also want to, in turn, feel welcomed and supported, even if things aren't as great as they could be.

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

If that’s the case, I bet they only keep 2 (JA & MT). Release Fromm and Webb and pick Webb back up on practice squad. Frees up another spot on the active roster for another DL, WR, or exclusive special teamer. 

Fromm to PS, Webb to QB coach.

6 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Anyone just see the the Kim Jones report on NFL Network? She reported Beane tried moving all the way to #1 to secure Allen. Hadn’t heard that reported yet I don’t think. 

If this is true, which I have a hard time believing, but if true...that would purely be FU**ED up if it was the Bills who sabotaged Allen the night before the draft to ensure he at least fell to #5.  

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

If this is true, which I have a hard time believing, but if true...that would purely be FU**ED up if it was the Bills who sabotaged Allen the night before the draft to ensure he at least fell to #5.  

and if they did... nicely done!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

The Laremy Tunsil special?

• Like (+1) 1

I see all the reports that say Allen and the offense weren't as sharp today, but I don't know what was expected with Diggs and Sanders both having vet rest days. With those two out it was really just Beasley and Kumerow getting targets. There was a lot of pressure from Allen's left, and now that I know it was Bobby Hart at LT I can understand why.

I know I mentioned this earlier but Davis was a non-factor today. He had one target from Allen in 11-on-11s but Levi Wallace easily won the battle and kept Davis from having a chance at the catch. I don't see Davis being a true #2 WR any time soon.

Moss and Breida each had a drop in 11-on-11s. Singletary didn't see the field with the 1st team offense much so I don't think he had any targets. I am still concerned about the RBs in the passing game. Luckily we have an elite WR corps to make up for it, but I was hoping to see Brieda add another element to this offense.

This was my first time attending a training camp session before the team wears pads and my overall perspective is that it's really hard to judge anything. I guess you could say Moss looked good today like some of these reports say, but there are times where a player in position to make a tackle pulls up and Moss would just keep running until he reached the endzone. That isn't a real sign of anything.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Love Josh, but I really do think the empty stadiums helped him last year. I believe (and hope) that he's gotten over that hump, though.

I was mildly concerned about this last year until the Colts playoff game. I know the stadium wasn't at full capacity but there were a lot of fans there and Allen carried the team to a win.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Yeah, better hope the Allen Family doesn't believe that!

If I knew how to post gifs, I would post the gif of Bill Murray in Kingpin pretending to be scared when Munson bowls a strike... but I don't know how to, so you win this round technology!

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I wish I wasn’t worried about the crowds, but I agree.  As much as people say “they’re professional athletes, they’ve been playing in front of huge crowds forever.  Well, Josh hasn’t really. He has a few times, but an nfl primetime or playoff game is a different experience as a QB.  I’m confident that he’s going to be great this season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he made more mistakes than last season. 

If only we could point to a Sunday night or Thanksgiving primetime game against a hostile crowd as evidence to counter this narrative....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Fromm to PS, Webb to QB coach.

I’m for that, but if Fromm puts anything on tape in preseason, he’s most likely gone if cut. The league is a sucker for untapped QB potential. Webb may not want to be done playing. And he’s not as big a flight risk if cut. 

6 minutes ago, yall said:

If only we could point to a Sunday night or Thanksgiving primetime game against a hostile crowd as evidence to counter this narrative....

Killjoy. They were having such fun twisting their panties together.

• Haha (+1) 7