Training Camp practice 7/31 - open to fans at Highmark Stadium

12 minutes ago, wjag said:

I'm always amazed at how truly big these guys are.  I once stood side-by-side next to Bruce Smith when he was in civilan clothes and I couldn't get over how much bigger he was than me.  Seeing the final frame of this video and Star walking up the tunnel you get a sense of how wide and thick his core is.  He is a stump.

Think that’s Ford?

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Anyone just see the the Kim Jones report on NFL Network? She reported Beane tried moving all the way to #1 to secure Allen. Hadn’t heard that reported yet I don’t think. 

That would be surprising considering he's on record as inquiring about moving up to #4, but the price was too much.

Maybe because it was the same team (Cleveland) picking at #1 as #4 she just interpreted it that way.

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That would be surprising considering he's on record as inquiring about moving up to #4, but the price was too much.

Maybe because it was the same team (Cleveland) picking at #1 as #4 she just interpreted it that way.

Hard to imagine Browns would have talked about #1. Jets were certainly taking a qb, so the Browns would have ended up with their third choice QB.  Hard to imagine the Bill's would talk about the 4th because the 7th was all they needed. 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

To each his own. I think she’s 🔥

Thats because she is 👍

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Just one man's opinion but I thought he was pretty sharp today. I have no other practice to compare it to but Allen looked good to me, as much as one can in a no-pads practice and missing his top 2 receivers. He had one bad throw where he forced a ball that should have been picked. Other than that he threw like 90% of his passes to Beasley and Kumerow and they were mostly on target. Gabe Davis got almost no targets, it was kind of weird. The d-line also looked quite good. But again without pads it's hard to make sweeping judgments.

As someone who was there I appreciate your perspective on this. As much as @Bangarang was joking around (I think... mostly), I admit that I'm a little anxious about how Josh will respond to the crowds this year and whether that brings back the *Sugar High Josh" we saw so much in year 1 and some in year 2.

Love Josh, but I really do think the empty stadiums helped him last year. I believe (and hope) that he's gotten over that hump, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Hard to imagine Browns would have talked about #1. Jets were certainly taking a qb, so the Browns would have ended up with their third choice QB.  Hard to imagine the Bill's would talk about the 4th because the 7th was all they needed. 

That assumes that the Bills and Jets rated the QBs in the same order as the Browns and would have selected selected the Browns’ top two rated QBs. I don’t think that’s a given. I think it’s more a fact that the Browns really liked their guy and guaranteed being able to get him, simple as that. Same with them selecting Ward at #4. 

30 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I mean they talked with the Broncos for the 5th, not that much of a stretch.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

As someone who was there I appreciate your perspective on this. As much as @Bangarang was joking around (I think... mostly), I admit that I'm a little anxious about how Josh will respond to the crowds this year and whether that brings back the *Sugar High Josh" we saw so much in year 1 and some in year 2.

Love Josh, but I really do think the empty stadiums helped him last year. I believe (and hope) that he's gotten over that hump, though.

Hey if you’re correct we can always trade him to the Saints, Eagles, or Dolphins for a bunch of draft picks and then spend the next few years watching college draft footage by mid season like the old days 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The whole ‘sugar high’ thing needs to be put into its proper context imo, namely that there’s a direct relationship between the quality of Allen’s supporting cast and the number of plays where he tries to do too much.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

The whole ‘sugar high’ thing needs to be put into its proper context imo, namely that there’s a direct relationship between the quality of Allen’s supporting cast and the number of plays where he tries to do too much.

Sorry inverse

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Of course I was joking buddy

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

It's been widely reported that Beane already had a trade deal in place with the Broncos if their guy (Chubb) wasn't there, but he was.

Here's one of the places I heard the report on Beane trying to trade up to 4

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Davis Webb has been taking all the 3rd team reps. I don't think Fromm is long for this team.

If that’s the case, I bet they only keep 2 (JA & MT). Release Fromm and Webb and pick Webb back up on practice squad. Frees up another spot on the active roster for another DL, WR, or exclusive special teamer. 

Edited by TheProcess

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I really don't disagree, and anyone who insinuates I'm saying Allen will suck this year is unable to have a complex thought. 

I think Josh Allen is the most physically talented NFL QB out there today and maybe in the history of the NFL. I also think his competitiveness and desire to win is right up there with the all-time greats. But one thing about Allen that's simultaneously super encouraging and leaves me with a small amount of anxiety in the short term is how young/inexperienced in the sport he still is, especially when compared with his peers. I think this has been rehashed over and over, but when you go through the history of Josh Allen playing QB (multi-sport athlete in HS, didn't physically grow into himself til late, 1 year as a JuCo starter, 2 years as a borderline D1 starter, etc.) he's not only still learning the position but the whole idea of crazy packed stadiums and media spotlight is relatively new to him as opposed to a guy like Mahomes, who had a professional athlete as a father and played in packed stadiums at a D1 school throughout college.

Again, I think last year was the best thing for him and I think he's over that, but in his first 2 years there were moments where he seemed overly excited and would miss a play or 2. I always noticed it especially at home games, and I think part of that stems from his competitiveness and desire to be great for his fans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's been widely reported that Beane already had a trade deal in place with the Broncos if their guy (Chubb) wasn't there, but he was.

Here's one of the places I heard the report on Beane trying to trade up to 4

Thanks.  I still have to watch the full thing.  Of course, the Broncos weren't telling the Bills who the Broncos wanted, so it I suppose it could have been Josh.  Beane had to wonder, and that's why he would have been interested in the Browns' pick.  

I simply don't understand the Giants or the Broncos.   They clearly didn't do their homework.  Sanders is far from the first person in the NFL who has said "I've never seen anyone in the NFL throw a ball like that."   Everyone knew Josh had supreme physical skills; how those teams didn't do the homework to find out that he had the other stuff too is beyond me.  

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I really don't disagree, and anyone who insinuates I'm saying Allen will suck this year is unable to have a complex thought. 

I think Josh Allen is the most physically talented NFL QB out there today and maybe in the history of the NFL. I also think his competitiveness and desire to win is right up there with the all-time greats. But one thing about Allen that's simultaneously super encouraging and leaves me with a small amount of anxiety in the short term is how young/inexperienced in the sport he still is, especially when compared with his peers. I think this has been rehashed over and over, but when you go through the history of Josh Allen playing QB (multi-sport athlete in HS, didn't physically grow into himself til late, 1 year as a JuCo starter, 2 years as a borderline D1 starter, etc.) he's not only still learning the position but the whole idea of crazy packed stadiums and media spotlight is relatively new to him as opposed to a guy like Mahomes, who had a professional athlete as a father and played in packed stadiums at a D1 school throughout college.

Again, I think last year was the best thing for him and I think he's over that, but in his first 2 years there were moments where he seemed overly excited and would miss a play or 2. I always noticed it especially at home games, and I think part of that stems from his competitiveness and desire to be great for his fans.

The empty stadium thing is a good point.  It came at a perfect time in his career.  Frankly, I think he has another year of growth ahead of him.  In two or three seasons he will be elite.   Nothing will faze him, he will lead the team with precision, and he will slice and dice opponents with his arm.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Personally I was happy for Mitch I really believe he probably didn’t have this kind of fan support in Chicago a number one overall pick any comes to Buffalo in order to see what real fan support is like

Trubisky's past has nothing to do with fan support and everything to do with FO and coaching support.

• Like (+1) 1