Beasley breaking "Omerta"

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

There are certain topics that have been "done to death" here recently.  The horse is dead and has been thoroughly beaten and flayed. 

Everybody and his Cat have had more than enough chance to express their personal viewpoint - Over.  and Over.  And Over.  again. 

Every aspect of the situation has been discussed - several times.  Let me say that again:  EVERY ASPECT of the situation has been discussed, several times.

In theory, it should be fine, we should be able to talk about it.  In practice, people tend to lose their temper on these threads, start slinging insults back and forth.  Others get into General Political or Covid discussion, against Scott's pinned request (which is there for good reason). 

It makes work for the Mods who would rather be drinking beer and watching the 'maters grow, or napping.

If you're here long enough to start threads, you know to search before starting new topics, so if you don't already know there have been umpteen Beasley's Tweets and Ertz Trade threads that have all wound up locked for going "off the rails", you should be able to figure it out.

Start a new thread right after another has been locked, Be Very Careful - you take your chances on warnings/suspensions from Mods.

I don’t understand all the Beasley hate. I know it’s an unpopular opinion to be against vaccination, but I feel like people are making him out to be evil. It’s his choice. 

fwiw, I’m vaccinated myself

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Dear mods, I'm not starting another Beasley vaccination thread. This is about him revealing inside team stuff and how it might play with McBeane.

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I don’t understand all the Beasley hate. I know it’s an unpopular opinion to be against vaccination, but I feel like people are making him out to be evil. It’s his choice. 

This is tough but his behavior is crossing into distraction mode, especially if he revealed info the team was not ready to release.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Dislike 4

7 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I don't hate . It's just he sounds really dumb. It's also a bad choice not to be vaccinated at this point

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

11 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

He is doing this himself...he is posting stuff on twitter...he is making himself a distraction, and to be honest (and I love his play) his belligerent stance is putting the Bills, and Beasley's teammates in a bad position.  If he follows through, and doesn't follow the agreed upon protocol (agreed upon by the NFL and the Players Union) the Bills have to have some sort of contingency plan in place for when he, inevitably, gets suspended. It is almost like he is challenging the league, or the team, to take some action.  If they were to cut him, it would no doubt be a very unpopular locker-room move.

It isn't a question of his choice to get vaccinated or not, it is his immature way of handling it that bothers me.  I certainly don't "hate" the guy, and I think losing him would be a significant loss for the team...but his attitude is coming off as pretty self-absorbed and selfish.  If we are to believe what we hear, there are plenty of guys on the team who feel the same way as he does...but they aren't tweeting about it every few days, and challenging everyone to disagree with them... 

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 9
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 2

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Omerta is the Mafia vow of silence. You don't talk about business outside of business. 

Just got done reading the godfather for the first time. transitioned over to the sopranos for the first time. good timing.

• Haha (+1) 1

a non-issue becomes an issue for others...Cole doesnt like the fact that he has to be tested, wear a mask, have protocols applied, etc...he is a bit out of his realm when complaining about those vaccinated having issues when the varinat d strain is running rampant amongst the non-vaccinated...interesting to see what he does and in turn what the org does when training camp starts...that is all I have to say about that

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Exactly.. 

29 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I believe the way it works is:

"He is entitled to his own opinion, but if he expresses that opinion out loud he is dumb and/or a distraction. Also, if you express an opinion opposite to Beasley's you are enlightened and not a distraction.  Also, no one is acting like thought police here because Beasley is entitled to his opinion.  Damn, I'm open-minded."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

33 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

He is a huge distraction in the year we have the most promise. 

He can opt out he just needs to shut up. 

1 minute ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I believe the way it works is:

"He is entitled to his own opinion, but if he expresses that opinion out loud he is dumb and/or a distraction. Also, if you express an opinion opposite to Beasley's you are enlightened and not a distraction.  Also, no one is acting like thought police here because Beasley is entitled to his opinion.  Damn, I'm open-minded."

its the nature of the profession he selected.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1