So, what's the plan at RB?

33 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Right now the Bills have:

Singletary: I'm not sold on him.  

Moss: Also not sold on him.

Antonio Williams: Looked ok in spot duty, but only 12 carries.  Can he block?  Not sold on him.

Wade: Intriguing non football guy. Fast but old and still learning the game. Likely stuck on the practice squad again.

Breida:  JAG.

Taiwan Jones: Less than JAG

So far no UDFA RB's added.  

So what's the plan?  Will Oline pickups improve the run blocking?  Will they grab another team's castoff? Is there a Fred Jackson type UDFA just waiting to be signed?

You being 'sold' on guys does not change what Beane's plan is..

This is gonna hurt, but better someone tell you now.. you being sold on anything matters to no one.

39 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Antonio Williams: Looked ok in spot duty, but only 12 carries.  Can he block?  Not sold on him.

Wade: Intriguing non football guy. Fast but old and still learning the game. Likely stuck on the practice squad again.

So what's the plan?  Will Oline pickups improve the run blocking?  Will they grab another team's castoff? Is there a Fred Jackson type UDFA just waiting to be signed?

Doesnt matter if you are sold on what we have--- BB is sold on our RBs and thats what we have going into the season. No FA RB will do anything for us so I am ok with our RB.. 

I like them both and was pleased with what Moss showed his rookie year.  His pass blocking was superb, his catch rate was solid and he had zero fumbles.  Both break tackles well and that's more important to me.  I thought that the Bills allowed too much penetration on their outside runs hence my willingness to accept scheme and poor run blocking as bigger parts of the problem.  Moss had turf toe and Mongo had a torn pectoral which hurt the run game in various ways.  I think the running game will be better this year.

Honestly, I feel pretty good with our group. Moss is a solid power runner, Singletary is elusive and a great pass blocker, Breida is quick to the edge and a good receiver. Maybe Antonio Williams will have a great preseason and earn a spot.

I felt that the O-line just got no push last year and I'm hoping some improvements are made to the blocking scheme. I think having Feliciano and Ford healthy all year could give us a boost on the ground. 

5 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I like them both and was pleased with what Moss showed his rookie year.  His pass blocking was superb, his catch rate was solid and he had zero fumbles.  Both break tackles well and that's more important to me.  I thought that the Bills allowed too much penetration on their outside runs hence my willingness to accept scheme and poor run blocking as bigger parts of the problem.  Moss had turf toe and Mongo had a torn pectoral which hurt the run game in various ways.  I think the running game will be better this year.

Moss had a fumble last year. I very bad fumble

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

They played it safe in the draft and it costs them. They are certainly not sold, they will be finding a RB as a stop gap for the year. 

How did they play it safe by taking almost strictly boom or bust prospects?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Moss had a fumble last year. I very bad fumble

Yeah later in the season, the game after a really good game. Was inside the 10, can't remember who against. I remembered thinking he was poised for a breakout, and got in the doghouse early

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

Yeah later in the season, the game after a really good game. Was inside the 10, can't remember who against. I remembered thinking he was poised for a breakout, and got in the doghouse early

Think you might be referring to 49ers game where he fumbled early

1 hour ago, ChicagoRic said:

3 headed rushing attack spearheaded by a pissed off, driven Motor Singletary who is tuned up and out to shut every doubter up.

Moss is an elite pass blocking RB with soft hands.

There might be 3 running backs in the NFL faster than Brieda 

And we throw it 70% of the time

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChicagoRic said:

My sense is that the FO identified the main issues as (1) blocking and (2) RB speed. They addressed the former in the draft (and perhaps think that Ford will help) and latter via Brieda. These two aspects will give Daboll adequate flexibility to create schemes in the offseason which emphasize the run game. 

1 hour ago, jahnyc said:

I would not be shocked if they brought in another veteran RB.  Could be someone like Bell, although I am not sure he has anything left or would be interested in playing for the Bills.

It you mean for a try out, potentially.

But In terms of making the active roster I think it seems unlikely just due to the numbers game.

Moss, Singletary, Jones (Special teams) and maybe even breida.

That would be 4 backs they would carry on the active roster which would even be a lot in itself.