TBN: Is now a good time for Josh Allen to get his contract extension?

warrior9

I wonder which insurance companies will insure future earnings for Josh Allen if he and his representatives choose to not sign extension now in order to get a larger extension later?  Many rookie first round picks get such insurance policies.

If he gets an injury like Alex Smith, not improbable with amount of running he does on both sides of line of scrimmage, they could end up paying a lot.

• BillsMafi$ changed the title to Bills/Allen to put off new deal if not done by next week
2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Not sure I like this. If I’m Beane, just give him what he’s demanding now. The price is only going to go up the longer you wait. 

The owners have final approval. 

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Don't forget about Eichel

Are they trading him for a TE or Pass Rusher? 

13 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Not sure I like this. If I’m Beane, just give him what he’s demanding now. The price is only going to go up the longer you wait. 

What if he's demanding to wait until next offseason and Beane is giving what he's demanding?

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 3

I would love to see them get this done now.  No concern it wont get done if they dont do it now but it will just get more expensive.  The Cowboys regret waiting on Dak, lets not repeat that, giterdone!

6 minutes ago, eball said:

I believe the two people least concerned about the timing of Allen's next contract are Josh Allen and Brandon Beane.

I disagree

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, eball said:

I believe the two people least concerned about the timing of Allen's next contract are Josh Allen and Brandon Beane.

Josh Allen is one injury away from losing 10s even 100s of millions of dollars.  Beane is another great year away from having to pay 10-15M more per season.  I think they both are eager to get it done now.  They are just handling it way better in the media than others have.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t see the rush, he’s going to get PAID either way.  He’s getting a Maholmes-ish deal.  I’d take another year on the cheap, but whatever.  If they get the deal done, cool, but a lot more extensions after year 3 have been looked at as stupid than successful.