Does Antonio Williams Get Activated for Playoffs??

Just curious with how hard he ran behind the 2nd team offensive line last week against the first team dolphins defense. Does he get a second shot this week against the colts? We have had some struggles running the ball this year at times and he seemed to really get downhill with some speed.  I know there are other players who could get activated ahead of him like Stills etc...Just a thought.. Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

Being that there is unlimited call ups from the PS during the playoffs he may see the field at some point, ya never know,

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

No way are you going to put a rookie in front of the other two that only played meaningful snaps whem the fins were demoralized. Plus coach has his why with players to get time over showing what other players habe done fyi Oliver had to gain snaps did not just become a starter. The front 7 are good against the run of Indy so I doubt it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Being that there is unlimited call ups from the PS during the playoffs he may see the field at some point, ya never know,

Go Bills!!!

There aren’t unlimited call ups, they can only have 2 unless someone is on the Covid list, then they get a free one for each Covid player. The rule for playoffs is actually that a player can get elevated an unlimited # of times. In the reg season it was a max of twice before they had to be signed to the 53

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I doubt it, but if it was my call, yes he gets the nod.  I’d bench Singletary and use Moss as starter and Williams as the hammer.

Agreed. I dont see it happening but remember last year we activated Duke for the playoff game for some extra fire power so maybe they'll follow suit with Williams.

Who do you make inactive in order to do this? I just don’t see it. 

17 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I doubt it, but if it was my call, yes he gets the nod.  I’d bench Singletary and use Moss as starter and Williams as the hammer.

So make singletary inactive? He was really really good In the playoff game last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

There aren’t unlimited call ups, they can only have 2 unless someone is on the Covid list, then they get a free one for each Covid player. The rule for playoffs is actually that a player can get elevated an unlimited # of times. In the reg season it was a max of twice before they had to be signed to the 53

Okay, Insert “elevated” for the playoffs instead of “call ups”  👍 outside of the verbiage it “virtually” amounts to the same does it not? I guess there is some definition or another I didn’t account for. 😁👍 details details...

Go Bills!!!

Okay, Insert “elevated” for the playoffs instead of “call ups”  👍 outside of the verbiage it “virtually” amounts to the same does it not? I guess there is some definition or another I didn’t account for. 😁👍 details details...

Go Bills!!!

It read as if you meant they could elevate an unlimited number of players from the PS for the game 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Shiny new toy syndrome.

Completely agree but you have to admit, he was running with power and decisiveness.  Something I've been DYING to see from our starting RBs. 

Every year you see Rookie RBs come in and dominate. It's been a bit of a disappointment that ours have not had that success.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who do you make inactive in order to do this? I just don’t see it. 

So make singletary inactive? He was really really good In the playoff game last year. 

There seems to be a contingent here who are down on Singletary, even though he is averaging 4.5 yards a carry this year...  

Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

It read as if you meant they could elevate an unlimited number of players from the PS for the game 

Gotcha, 👍

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

There seems to be a contingent here who are down on Singletary, even though he is averaging 4.5 yards a carry this year...  

Go Bills!!!

I am pretty down on singletary TBH.

I just don't think he does anything great.

He isn't fast, he doesn't really break tackles. He is descent in space I will give him that.

True that he is averaging 4.4, but I do think that is a bit flawed since he doesn't get many 3rd and short carries (which would bring down his YPC), and he only has a total of 156 attempts on the year.

Edited by BillsFan130

11 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Completely agree but you have to admit, he was running with power and decisiveness.  Something I've been DYING to see from our starting RBs. 

Every year you see Rookie RBs come in and dominate. It's been a bit of a disappointment that ours have not had that success.

Against a humiliated, demoralized team that had already given up.  These coaches see the players every day in practice.  If they believed he was better than the other two you best believe he would be playing. Our gameplan isn't going to be to hand the ball off to anyone, it's to put the ball in JA17's hands as much as possible.

Edited by Big Turk

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I am pretty down on singletary TBH.

I just don't think he does anything great.

He isn't fast, he doesn't really break tackles. He is descent in space I will give him that.

True that he is averaging 4.4, but I do think that is a bit flawed since he doesn't get many 3rd and short carries (which would bring down his YPC), and he only has a total of 156 attempts on the year.

Google where Devon ranks in YPC historically for the Bills, 

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Against a humiliated, demoralized team that had already given up.  These coaches see the players every day in practice.  If they believed he was better than the other two you best believe he would be playing. Our gameplan isn't going to be to hand the ball off to anyone, it's to put the ball in JA17's hands as much as possible.

I agree it was essentially a pre-season game with the way their D was playing.

But his decisiveness popped a bit and it was refreshing to see. The coach's reaction to his first run and the team's reaction to his TDs tells me that he has some fans on the team. *shrug* but I'm a fan reading imagined tea leaves and will trust the coach's decision concerning this situation.

Maybe he's another Wade (can he be called up for the post season??!! /sarc) But man it was nice watching AW run.

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Google where Devon ranks in YPC historically for the Bills, 

With all due respect, you seem a little fixated on stats on a very small sample size, as well as tons of other factors which play into his YPC.

If he gets 20 touches a game, and a lot of 3rd and short touches, does he get 4.4 YPC this year?

Not even close IMO

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

may far as AW, he had a nice game but too small of a sample size to put him in a playoff game. 

This! Let's not get carried away. Singletary and Moss are the starters and should remain the go tos...

Have we even seen Williams in pass protection?  For that reason alone I wouldn't risk it.  Moss and Singletary have both been great in protection all year.

This is a pass first team. First priority for any RB seeing the field is pick up the blitz on passing downs.  If they happen to gain a few yards, bonus.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, billsfan61184 said:

Just curious with how hard he ran behind the 2nd team offensive line last week against the first team dolphins defense. Does he get a second shot this week against the colts? We have had some struggles running the ball this year at times and he seemed to really get downhill with some speed.  I know there are other players who could get activated ahead of him like Stills etc...Just a thought.. Go Bills!!!

Two words:  Rob Johnson

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

With all due respect, you seem a little fixated on stats on a very small sample size, as well as tons of other factors which play into his YPC.

If he gets 20 touches a game, and a lot of 3rd and short touches, does he get 4.4 YPC this year?

Not even close IMO

Not a stats guy per say, but both of our RBs are doing their jobs in the RB by tandem scheme that the coaches want, they are both likely average in what they do, and that is just fine for our pass first offense, no need to talk down about our guys, jmo,

Go Bills!!!

Not a stats guy per say, but both of our RBs are doing their jobs in the RB by tandem scheme that the coaches want, they are both likely average in what they do, and that is just fine for our pass first offense, no need to talk down about our guys, jmo,

Go Bills!!!

Fair enough, we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one sir.

I don’t think criticizing a player is wrong of me though. We are fans, that’s the beauty of it as we all are allowed our opinions.

I really hope he succeeds, I just think he is underperforming IMO. 

16 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Not even close IMO

Honestly who cares?  Can we stop worrying about who is running the ball? We aren't that team anymore that goes run, run, pass. 

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Honestly who cares?  Can we stop worrying about who is running the ball? We aren't that team anymore that goes run, run, pass. 

Don’t worry about who runs the ball?

Ok, should I try out for RB then?

Cause it doesn’t matter who runs it right

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Don’t worry about who runs the ball?

Ok, should I try out for RB then?

Cause it doesn’t matter who runs it right

The number 1 job for our backs in this offense is to be great at pass pro, which they are. Both of them. Our run game is good enough. Bills RB's average 4.5 YPC, slightly above average. The Bills are mostly disinterested in running, they want to throw.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Fair enough, we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one sir.

I don’t think criticizing a player is wrong of me though. We are fans, that’s the beauty of it as we all are allowed our opinions.

I really hope he succeeds, I just think he is underperforming IMO. 

Could be that you are correct, players have ups and downs, Moss fumbled and cost a TD, and was benched, it’s not optimal, but we got past it, look at Lee Smith, he gets a ton of flack, yet he scores TDs and helps with O line blocking, is he a special football athlete? No he is not, but we would be worse off without him, folk tend to be far to, “he’s good or he’s bad”, when in fact it’s mostly in the middle. 

Go Bills!!!

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The number 1 job for our backs in this offense is to be great at pass pro, which they are. Both of them. Our run game is good enough. Bills RB's average 4.5 YPC, slightly above average. The Bills are mostly disinterested in running, they want to throw.

You’re correct that they want to throw, but There’s going to be a time in this playoffs if the bills are going to make a deep run where they will need to run the ball effectively.

26 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Have we even seen Williams in pass protection?  For that reason alone I wouldn't risk it.  Moss and Singletary have both been great in protection all year.

This is a pass first team. First priority for any RB seeing the field is pick up the blitz on passing downs.  If they happen to gain a few yards, bonus.

exactly, pass pro and being where he is supposed to be on the odd screen pass is much more important for us than his power running at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

You’re correct that they want to throw, but There’s going to be a time in this playoffs if the bills are going to make a deep run where they will need to run the ball effectively.

Go watch the last 7 minutes and 11 seconds of the Pittsburgh game where we literally ran the clock out on them.

The Dolphins were still using the starters when Antonio Williams crushed them. I see no way McDemott will sit the guy.

Keep in mind Antionio Williams is an excellent Special teams player. Was Captain at NC

He probably won't play much but if Buffalo is safely ahead ???

Edited by HOUSE
  • Thank you (+1) 1