NFL on Fox - fan vote — Coach of the year.

1 minute ago, BITE ME said:

Well obviously it is between McDermott and Stefanski, but with Beane a lock for GM, you have to think Stefanski is going to win. 

And that would be BS. Cleveland scraped their way into the playoffs and had a loss to the Jets and a near disastrous defeat to the 2nd string Steelers. Buffalo suffered no such defeat and won their division. 

Just now, Jpsredemption said:

And that would be BS. Cleveland scraped their way into the playoffs and had a loss to the Jets and a near disastrous defeat to the 2nd string Steelers. Buffalo suffered no such defeat and won their division. 

It is hard to see them getting both coach and GM of the year. If you want to just go off accomplishment, Andy Reid would be Coach of the Year. Stefanski is very deserving. 

9 minutes ago, BITE ME said:

Well obviously it is between McDermott and Stefanski, but with Beane a lock for GM, you have to think Stefanski is going to win. 

Stefanski's deserving because of doing so well as a rookie coach, but I think given the Bills strength of schedule and development of Allen it should go to the Bills.  Our coaches deserve that recognition.

1 minute ago, GaryPinC said:

Stefanski's deserving because of doing so well as a rookie coach, but I think given the Bills strength of schedule and development of Allen it should go to the Bills.  Our coaches deserve that recognition.

I would give it to McDermott, but I just think Beane is a lock and not sure they are giving both to the Bills.  Beane should probably be a unanimous choice.  You draft Allen and go and get Diggs and after this year you look like an absolutely genius.  McDermott did a good job, but our Offensive Coordinator may have had more to do with our success than anything.

I really don't see how this isn't a McDermott landslide.

Swept/won the division.

Secured the 2-seed.

Highly ranked offense, defense and special teams.

Managed the team through the pandemic EXTREMELY well in one of the hardest hit parts of the country for a long time.

Hands down winner, IMO.

• Like (+1) 5

The fact that Flores is even in this voting is comical, the fact that he is beating Tomlin is hilarious and ridiculous at the same time. When the Fins are last place in the division next year because Tua sucks, I can see Flores fired in 2023 being the more likely scenario. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The fact that Flores is even in this voting is comical, the fact that he is beating Tomlin is hilarious and ridiculous at the same time. When the Fins are last place in the division next year because Tua sucks, I can see Flores fired in 2023 being the more likely scenario. 

I agree.

While the Steelers probably underachieved a little this year, they got repeatedly screwed with the scheduling and still went 12-4.  Tomlin should definitely be in the mix.

18 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The fact you don't think he belongs in the voting is far more comical.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I can't stand the Dolphins either, but they did a lot with a little (and an overhyped off-season). They are probably the Bills in 2017. My semi-educated guess is they take a step backwards as Tua has growing pains and the defense falls back a bit (can't help but feel they are playing above themselves), but they have so many draft picks and Flores, whether you like it or not, would seem to be a good coach, that there's a good chance they will be a force with which to reckon in the '20s. Thankfully, the Bills have a coach who has more clearly established his acumen, much more talent, and the means to keep putting together teams that will likely be better than the Dolphins, so hopefully it's kind of like the 1990s when the Dolphins had some great seasons, but we sent them packing most years.

That said, I'd put McDermott and Stefanski ahead of him, and possibly LeFleur and Andy Reid (just b/c he's been great year-after-year does not mean he should be overlooked).

Edited by thurst44

4 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

The fact you don't think he belongs in the voting is far more comical.

I guess in the times we live in today everyone should get a participation trophy so everyone feels good. HC of the year should go to a HC who didn’t make the playoffs.

Seeing the headline of Fox Sports with them doing mostly NFC games, I expected it to be an NFC coach leading.  Really amazing that all 4 choices are from the AFC, but who could you pick from the NFC?  Forget the East, Areins was able to win with Brady, shocking.  Packers again won with Rodgers and not much competition in division.  Cardinals coach would have been in the running through about week 10 or so, but they faltered down the stretch and Seattle was nothing special.

At this point, if it's a fan vote, you may as well chalk it up to the Bills to win whatever it is 🤣

I still remember some old Chunky Soup fan vote from years ago when we stunk & Bills still won it.

Edited by BigDingus

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

At this point, if it's a fan vote, you may as well chalk it up to the Bills to win whatever it is 🤣

I still remember some old Chunky Soup fan vote from years ago when we stunk & Bills still won it.

does it really matter?  

Football fans spoke out. 

22 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Why even would anyone vote for Mike Tomlin?  Get your starting QB and win a lot of regular season games like you always do with him, but have an epic collapse to make it interesting?

I was just thinking anyone voting for Tomlin needs to get their head checked.  99.99% of anyone voting for him have to be Steelers homers, McD would actually get votes league-wide.

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

Thought this was funny (and great):

With how Tomlin was nominated for COTY, I'm surprised Ben "I don't take no for an answer" Roethlisberger didn't make the list somehow.

Edited by 1ManRaid