We broke Miami’s will last weekend. How many other teams in 2020?

AKC

It’s been decades since we had a team capable of totally destroying an opponent’s spirit. It was clear against Miami that they suffered a defensive collapse. There were a lot of minutes in the second half where you could even sense their WRs hoping the ball went elsewhere in a no win situation. There were at least 3 other games this year where I turned the game off feeling the same way. What games did you all feel we had that same domination where the other side said “No Mas”?

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, AKC said:

It’s been decades since we had a team capable of totally destroying an opponent’s spirit. It was clear against Miami that they suffered a defensive collapse. There were a lot of minutes in the second half where you could even sense their WRs hoping the ball went elsewhere in a no win situation. There were at least 3 other games this year where I turned the game off feeling the same way. What games did you all feel we had that same domination where the other side said “No Mas”?

I agree, they looked broken. I absolutely LOVED it! That’s the most fun I EVER have watching a Bills game. I would never turn that off!  😀

• Like (+1) 1

I thought we kicked the Seahawks in the teeth.  We were up 21 with 9 minutes left in the 4th, before they scored on a blown db assignment and a late TD.

That was their worst loss of the season, and the most points they gave up all season.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

I would never turn that off!  

You got me on the literal meaning of turning it off! Accurately that actually meant when the game broadcast ended. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

People sort of forget, but we made the Rams No. 1 defense look silly. As I recall, Allen even stiff armed Donald to the ground. I know the game ended up being close due to the Rams O coming back— but I still consider a good part of that game to be dominating, especially as against their Defense. 

The biggest difference between this Bills team and the team that faced the Rams is that they now don't take the foot off the pedal when they are up.    They absolutely crushed Miami's spirits, that team straight up gave up midway through the third quarter.

• Like (+1) 2

49ers for sure. Robert Saleh, the apparent chosen one by the media, looked lost and flustered and knew he could do nothing but wait for the clock to read zero.

Steelers was another one. They had no answer for the 2nd half beat down.

The Broncos had Vic Fangio throwing up his arms in disgust and defeat at having no answer for Allen and the offense. I remember leading up to that game that a lot of media pundits and Broncos fans thought the game would be close.

I think the Patriots were already broken before we got to them the second time, but we certainly put the nail in the coffin. And Belichick broke that phone in frustration.

And the ultimate soul crusher was the Dolphins slaughter. I wonder how many times Flores turned back to look for Ryan Fitzpatrick to save him before remembering that he was out with COVID...

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, MJS said:

49ers for sure. Robert Saleh, the apparent chosen one by the media, looked lost and flustered and knew he could do nothing but wait for the clock to read zero.

Steelers was another one. They had no answer for the 2nd half beat down.

The Broncos had Vic Fangio throwing up his arms in disgust and defeat at having no answer for Allen and the offense. I remember leading up to that game that a lot of media pundits and Broncos fans thought the game would be close.

I think the Patriots were already broken before we got to them the second time, but we certainly put the nail in the coffin. And Belichick broke that phone in frustration.

And the ultimate soul crusher was the Dolphins slaughter. I wonder how many times Flores turned back to look for Ryan Fitzpatrick to save him before remembering that he was out with COVID...

Awesome post.  What a nice trip down memory lane!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AKC said:

As I mentioned in my post on Epenesa, I think the rest of the AFCE teams start drafting players to stop Allen and the Bills, though I don't know how they do it...

Nice to see you back here old timer.

1 hour ago, TPS said:

As I mentioned in my post on Epenesa, I think the rest of the AFCE teams start drafting players to stop Allen and the Bills, though I don't know how they do it...

Nice to see you back here old timer.

I'm pretty sure the next beer run in Rich Stadium is mine Mr. S! How long has it been- maybe 20 years? I took a couple decades off to hold together an old Super Bowl Bill's Backers Club from Los Angeles to see it through the "quiet years". A strong 800 member group with about 500 at the Bill's Bar on openers/big games. We only have so much time to spend on our Bill's passion!

Our management is bought into Epenesa- his real opp to shine will be Saturday and as you point out his edge skills in the run game make him the fit for the start Saturday.  Playoffs are when all defenses get better- we shall see if anyone has an answer for our star QB!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I remember that idiot saying before the game that he was "surprised" that Josh Allen was playing so well after watching tape on him to prepare for the game.....I'm sure Josh read those comments, then promptly went out and curb-stomped the 49er defense in that game!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

You mean the game they went to overtime?

You need clarification on which game the Bills played against Houston last year? I don't know how to respond to that other than I'm sorry for everything you have been through. 

32 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You need clarification on which game the Bills played against Houston last year? I don't know how to respond to that other than I'm sorry for everything you have been through. 

What's up with you?  You just coming here to be douchie?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

😆

Nice to see another Salt Laker on here...

I should have connected with you two before I left SLC a couple of years ago...

What games did you all feel we had that same domination where the other side said “No Mas”?

Pretty much the second half of the season.  Last year and the first part of this year, the Bills would start out great, get a nice lead by halftime, and then try not to lose the rest of the way.  We almost lost to the Rams and NE by doing that.  Ever since the Arizona game, the Bills have just kept playing murder ball for 60 minutes.

Edited by Utah John
clarification
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Is this like when Houston broke the Bills will last year?

Its too bad they suck so bad now that they can't even make the playoffs ;) 

F... Houston if this years Bills team plays that mess the Steers would start to cry and begin looking for their lost balls(Steers don't have balls)

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Bills broke the Patriot's phone, kind of the same thing

Captain Highliner was fuming you could see the steam coming from his ears ;)

I think he knew that Josh has arrived as a franchise QB and the Bills were not going to be an easy win from now on.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, AKC said:

I'm pretty sure the next beer run in Rich Stadium is mine Mr. S! How long has it been- maybe 20 years? I took a couple decades off to hold together an old Super Bowl Bill's Backers Club from Los Angeles to see it through the "quiet years". A strong 800 member group with about 500 at the Bill's Bar on openers/big games. We only have so much time to spend on our Bill's passion!

Our management is bought into Epenesa- his real opp to shine will be Saturday and as you point out his edge skills in the run game make him the fit for the start Saturday.  Playoffs are when all defenses get better- we shall see if anyone has an answer for our star QB!

Ha! How about we pay some youngster to make the run?  Yeah, probably 20 years--the Flutie-Johnson game in San Diego?  Time flies...

It's Buffalo's time brother!

5 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

The game that the Bills played better than Houston in, had a touchdown taken away because some mysterious rules arbiter outside the stadium basically felt that the Bills were stomping the Texans badly enough it wouldn't matter anyway, went to overtime, and ended up with the Texans a sub .500 team and the Bills competing for the championship the next year?

If that's your definition of "breaking a team's will" I want some more of it.

7 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I needed clarification because there is zero chance someone would claim that a team broke their spirit when they took them to overtime. That is an even matchup. Someone claiming that would be a moron. Are you a moron Jeremy?