Dolphins become the first team since at least 1970 to concede 50 points while being the #1 scoring defense

Big Turk

Bills find another way to make history...

As for the defense, Elias’ computers fried a couple of brain cells to inform us that no other No. 1-scoring defense since 1970 had ever conceded 50-plus points.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/01/03/habib-debacle-clouds-our-view-dolphins-season/4062813001/

• Awesome! (+1) 3

With a good chunk of those points coming from the second-string offense. 

One point, though: 14 of those points were scored by the Bills' defense and special teams, not against the #1 defense.

For no particular reason, I flipped thru 200+ pages of the Fins game thread.

They were crying for Bills to take out starters (esp Allen) after the first freaking TD!

Post second TD, it became biblical begging: rending of clothing, sheep slaughtering, etc.

Enjoyable read actually.

• Haha (+1) 10

3 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

They were crying for Bills to take out starters (esp Allen) after the first freaking TD!

Post second TD, it became biblical begging: rending of clothing, sheep slaughtering, etc.

Enjoyable read actually.

OK, off to Fin Heaven or whatever the ***** the Fish fans call it.

25 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Enjoyable read actually.

I did the exact same thing while watching Sunday Night Football -- the absolute begging that the Bills take Allen out of the game was spectacular.

I also loved the homers there coming out of the woodwork on the first two series stalled only to be absolutely stunned into silence. I think I even saw someone worrying after they scored and were driving in the second half that Allen might come back into the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I heard they’re crying that we ran up the score. True story?

45 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

They were crying quite a bit that we werent resting our starters so they could still a playoff spot. Then we rested our starters and still scored.

sounds like the Giants fans because the Eagles put in the 3rd string QB to end the game and let WFT win. 

37 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Enjoyable read actually.

“Please, please, pretty please play your PS guys!”  

It’s a PROFESSIONAL football game. The ‘running up the score’ argument is weak. 

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Not that I saw from their fans on their main fan forum.  They were far more concerned with imploding over Tua.  I mean, they're smart enough to realize that what are you going to do?  Take a knee in the 3rd quarter?  

1 minute ago, Domitian said:

Not that I saw from their fans on their main fan forum.  They were far more concerned with imploding over Tua.  I mean, they're smart enough to realize that what are you going to do?  Take a knee in the 3rd quarter?  

They were doing more crying over banning Bills fans who were trash talking them hahaha

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They were doing more crying over banning Bills fans who were trash talking them hahaha

Yea.  I mean there IS a thread about it on Fin Heaven, but it wasn't started until today and the general consensus is that there's nothing wrong with the Bills scoring points.  A bit of butt hurt over the bomb to Davis, but...they couldn't even stop the Bills' practice quad running back when they were running every damn down.   The whole thing is a big nothingburger.

Edited by Domitian
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Enjoyable read actually.

I took a look and I was shocked by how many people were openly calling for the dolphins to intentionally injure Allen, Diggs, etc.

4 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

If Barkley handing off to an undrafted free agent rookie RB and throwing passes to a rookie 4th round draft pick WR is running up the score then they must be using a different dictionary then I use.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Some of these defensive rankings make no sense 

phins did not look like the #1 defense. Denver didn’t look good either even tho they had guys out 

They were the #1 defense in terms of points allowed per game. They entered yesterday only allowing 18.8 PPG.

There is nothing to make sense of. The Dolphins were the best team at keeping other teams off the scoreboard. Except when playing the Bills. 

4 hours ago, Domitian said:

Yea.  I mean there IS a thread about it on Fin Heaven, but it wasn't started until today and the general consensus is that there's nothing wrong with the Bills scoring points.  A bit of butt hurt over the bomb to Davis, but...they couldn't even stop the Bills' practice quad running back when they were running every damn down.   The whole thing is a big nothingburger.

Wasn't the bomb to Davis retaliation for Miami calling a time-out when the Bills just content to run out the clock?

"Well, this was fun.  Let's just get this over wi...wait.  A time out?  Really?  You still want to play?  Okay.  Let's play."

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They were the #1 defense in terms of points allowed per game. They entered yesterday only allowing 18.8 PPG.

There is nothing to make sense of. The Dolphins were the best team at keeping other teams off the scoreboard. Except when playing the Bills. 

They were also the #1 3rd down defense if I recall correctly. 

Bottom line: the Bills are on absolute fire and we need four more games of this. 

11 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

phins did not look like the #1 defense. Denver didn’t look good either even tho they had guys out 

The defense rankings are what they are.  Dolphins allowed fewer points than any other team in the league coming into the game.  They're not power rankings, they're based on the actual stats of what these Ds have done.

The only things that could have made the game better wouldve been a healthy Beasley getting 1k, the touchdown record for different players to record a receptions td for a team in a season, and getting 3 more points somewhere to score 59 and set the franchise record for points in a game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Yep i can name a few times NE and Miami ran up a score.... point being is our second team is in there to kill the time and end the game ... there defense gave up! I mean we are good but jesus... 

47 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

B-)

Ha, well, fans gonna fan.

Even when we used to get run up on, my take was always “you still gotta stop ‘em”.  

Be upset at your own incompetence. Don’t blame the other guy.

On 1/4/2021 at 5:46 PM, Dukestreetking said:

Enjoyable read actually.

Its a guilty pleasure to read opposing fans message boards. Its brutal when we lose but boy oh boy when we win it like living the game all over again, watching their hopes rise and fall with each play even though you know whats coming.

On 1/4/2021 at 9:44 PM, Penfield45 said:

They didnt look like the #1 defense that they actually were because the Bills are that good.  I know you don't think our team is any good but it is. How do you think the Dolphins won 10 games?  Hint: it wasnt because they have a good offense.  It's because like the Bills in the past, their defense was really good at not letting the other team score.

• Like (+1) 1