Benny the Butcher “We the Mafia” new fight somg

Sundancer

12 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

That was awful.  Why would anyone want to replace the Shout Song, our fav. Some since 1988 to this?

Hard No.

Honestly, I think I would prefer the train horn, if you know what I mean.  

38 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Ok. I’ll be THAT guy. 

If he wants to be taken seriously, The Butcher needs to name the song “We Are The Mafia” or “We’re the Mafia”.....sorry, but “We the Mafia” is grammatically incorrect. His publicist should know better. 

Kinda like We The North?

93056A9C-F018-4DDE-BF72-6BA2331B615D.jpeg.3ab295cd1b081005bf2e5f171fd98173.jpeg

Edited by Solomon Grundy

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

1974 produced probably the finest rap tune ever heard:

That is a great Album,  “she said, I got a spot that gets me hot, and you ain’t been to it” Frank was a genius!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Eddiegoofball said:

It's not terrible but it doesn't have the right sing-a-long quality for the fans and it's not BIG enough. Our current song, while iconic to the fanbase is dated, corny and kinda sounds like a supermarket jingle from 1990. Doesn't mean I don't love it, but I wish we could find a way to update it.

I love the original Shout song by The Isley Brothers and wish we could "update" our version with something a little closer to that which is more bombastic and fun. Think Animal House, but of course we have to wrap this up in 30 seconds so no time to make it a little bit softer. I'd love if our Shout song started off with that legendary refrain; "Now WAIT a minute!" before the music explodes, BillsMafia is shouted out, the Bills make me feel allllllright, then several Shouts (make it louder now) with plenty of glorious "whoos" in the background like the original song, then our favorite call and response delightfulness ensues, then a homestretch frenzy of Shouts and then it ends with the Bills make me wanna shout, instead of what sounds like the music of an old Super Duper commercial. Just my thoughts.

Nice try by Benny, but we can do better.

I know you!  Didn’t you used to be a producer for Milli Vanilli??

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

These boards are filled with... shall we say, elder statesmen. They wont take too kindly to changing up the song.

Even if the original song is pretty cringe by today's standards, it's tradition.

So good luck convincing people it's worth changing up, especially to a rap song 🤣

Get. off. my. lawn.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

That was awful.  Why would anyone want to replace the Shout Song, our fav. Some since 1988 to this?

Hard No.

I don’t think he’s trying to “replace the Shout song” he’s just “making a song” - one about the team he loves, the same team as us. :beer:

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Getting BJ's at games, throwing dildos onto the field, destroying furniture like its it's a personal vendetta, lighting themselves on fire... those things seem to reflect on the fans FAR more than the mafia moniker 😉

Hey! Hey! Hey!  That ***** was aimed at Tom Brady. It was genius and completely appropriate. 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Ok. I’ll be THAT guy. 

If he wants to be taken seriously, The Butcher needs to name the song “We Are The Mafia” or “We’re the Mafia”.....sorry, but “We the Mafia” is grammatically incorrect. His publicist should know better. 

I think the correct phrasing is “We Be Mafia”. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Heitz said:

I don’t think he’s trying to “replace the Shout song” he’s just “making a song” - one about the team he loves, the same team as us. :beer:

Heitz, we were asked about our opinion, and I gave it.  I could care less if guys like it, it’s fine.  I don’t.  The OP by the framing of his title inferred it was the new SHOUT song.  That implies replacing.  That’s all.  I don’t want to rehash my thoughts anymore so enjoy guys.  You like it, great.  You don’t like it, ok.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

He was 2 Chain Benny Mane back then if I remember right. Then the rapper who’s known as 2 chains now took his name.  I don’t think I ever had a guy that had a normal name. They all had aliases. 

Maybe it’s because I live in the south?

Jeff is white conservative hippie.  Hippies grown the best IMO because they treat weed like their baby.  

20 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Maybe it’s because I live in the south?

Jeff is white conservative hippie.  Hippies grown the best IMO because they treat weed like their baby.  

Nah, I’m up north here too and my guy is Carl. 

I used to have a Vinnie, he delivered, which was great, but he’d also park his ass on my couch, get super baked and stay way too long. Which was bad.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Can someone explain who Benny is?  Is he a local rapper?  Or one that’s known on a national scale?

He is part of Griselda, along with Conway The Machine, headed by Westside Gunn...all are from Buffalo...2 brothers and a cousins I believe

they exploded on the national scene and are extremely well known and respected now...they have pretty much collaborated with anyone who is anyone in the hip hop world on their latest release.

16 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Umm. To be honest I’m not really sure. Maybe “Dr Birds” but that’s with the group he’s in called Griselda. I never know the names of songs and I more just saw him around the neighborhood and got meh bud from him.  We lived on Nevada and he lived a block over on Montana. 

French Montana from the the the block...

Edited by Big Turk

18 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Nah, I’m up north here too and my guy is Carl. 

I used to have a Vinnie, he delivered, which was great, but he’d also park his ass on my couch, get super baked and stay way too long. Which was bad.

Jeff and Carl would be friends.

Jeff likes edibles and makes butter weekly.

I eat a half cookie, I’m good.  Jeff eats two whole cookies, then ginger ale whiskey drink, Fox News and usually pajama bottoms.  

After 13 hours of Fox News, he switches to the PS5.  He has a state of art virtual reality system too.  I played Resident Evil and it’s legitimately terrifying.

Anything else you want to know about Jeff?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1