Benny the Butcher “We the Mafia” new fight somg

Sundancer

11 minutes ago, Eddiegoofball said:

It's not terrible but it doesn't have the right sing-a-long quality for the fans and it's not BIG enough. Our current song, while iconic to the fanbase is dated, corny and kinda sounds like a supermarket jingle from 1990. Doesn't mean I don't love it, but I wish we could find a way to update it.

I love the original Shout song by The Isley Brothers and wish we could "update" our version with something a little closer to that which is more bombastic and fun. Think Animal House, but of course we have to wrap this up in 30 seconds so no time to make it a little bit softer. I'd love if our Shout song started off with that legendary refrain; "Now WAIT a minute!" before the music explodes, BillsMafia is shouted out, the Bills make me feel allllllright, then several Shouts (make it louder now) with plenty of glorious "whoos" in the background like the original song, then our favorite call and response delightfulness ensues, then a homestretch frenzy of Shouts and then it ends with the Bills make me wanna shout, instead of what sounds like the music of an old Super Duper commercial. Just my thoughts.

Nice try by Benny, but we can do better

Super Duper, lol

This is part of why I hate the whole "Bills Mafia" thing in the first place.

That moniker came to fruition through Bills outsiders and those outside of WNY, speaking about Bills fans. I have no idea how they came to use that term, but it was their term, not ours.  

Why do we want to be associated with "mafia" and "thug life" and so on?

I hate this stuff!

Buffalo isn't Compton or Oakland or South Chicago, or .......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Bills tweeted it. Time for a new day. Keep Shout in the rotation but this should be the new song. Excellent old elements plus the new “Bills Mafia” stuff 

There’s some girl on twitter or Tik Tok that’s getting alot of attention for her Bills mafia wrap but her name escapes me right now but it was pretty good 

Just now, Nextmanup said:

That moniker came to fruition through Bills outsiders and those outside of WNY, speaking about Bills fans. I have no idea how they came to use that term, but it was their term, not ours.  

I hate this stuff!

You’re right!  I didn’t either but just gave up fighting it.

It literally has nothing to do with us.  We are more like just in terms of loyalty, nothing else like a military division, or an old fraternity, or the Masons, even though I’m not one.  The connotation of a criminal family although loyal is akin to a gang.  That’s not us, but we won’t be able to stop this one.  I just thought it was easier to try and just embrace it and look at the good parts of it.

I hated the mafia thing in the beginning, but I’ve come around.

Had to endure the Fly Eagles Fly crap at the Philly game last year.  The Iggles fans sounded like they had mouths full of marbles except for the refrain. Like the Shout they trued to change it around 90 and that  only lasted a week or two. We get to yell Lets Go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

These boards are filled with... shall we say, elder statesmen. They wont take too kindly to changing up the song.

Even if the original song is pretty cringe by today's standards, it's tradition.

So good luck convincing people it's worth changing up, especially to a rap song 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

Wow.

So much creativity in this new song.  It always blows me away how an artist can still come up with new new songs and melodies. 

Too bad this new "song" sucks the big one.

Edited by Bad Things

I guess I am an “elder statesmen”.  

I have heard a few versions of the story on how Bills Mafia came to be.  I kind of wish it hadn’t become popular but it looks like it is here to stay for awhile.  I know no harm is meant by the term.  

Growing up Italian-American, mafia is a word we just did not use, and a discussion best avoided.  There are some great films our there that glorify that lifestyle but the reality of it is brutal, and not at all representative of our people.  

Being an oldie, I am not offended by many of the things that offend people today.  Pop culture comes and goes, and evolves and devolves. 

Some clever beats and the reuse of “hey,hey- hey, hey” sounds cool.  Combining the terms Bills Mafia, with Butcher and rap/hip hop culture, is not a great look for Buffalo but I have no doubt it will be appealing to many as it is modern and resonates with the younger crowd.  

Edited by Bob in STL

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I hate this stuff!

Just have fun with it. Nobody is confused or thinking we're a real mafia... Just because some rap song pops up, doesn't change anything.

Bills fans aren't relegated to the ones currently living in Buffalo, there are so many Buffalo natives that now live elsewhere, can't discount them from the fandom. 

Hell, I've never lived in WNY, but been obsessed with the Bills since 1991. I think instead of being concerned about the "mafia" term, the way Bills fans act in WNY would be more concerning...

Getting BJ's at games, throwing dildos onto the field, destroying furniture like its it's a personal vendetta, lighting themselves on fire... those things seem to reflect on the fans FAR more than the mafia moniker 😉

23 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I guess I am an “elder statesmen”.  

I have heard a few versions of the story on how Bills Mafia came to be.  I kind of wish it hadn’t become popular but it looks like it is hear to stay for awhile.  I know no harm is meant by the term.  

Growing up Italian-American, mafia is a word we just did not use, and a discussion best avoided.  There are some great films our there that glorify that lifestyle but the reality of it is brutal, and not at all representative of our people.  

Being an oldie, I am not offended by many of the things that offend people today.  Pop culture comes and goes, and evolves and devolves. 

Some clever beats and the reuse of “hey,hey- hey, hey” sounds cool.  Combining the terms Bills Mafia, with Butcher and rap/hip hop culture, is not a great look for Buffalo but I have no doubt it will be appealing to many as it is modern and resonates with the younger crowd.  

I'm not knocking anyone, just saying it's gonna be an uphill battle trying to sway anyone to upend tradition, no matter what the case. 

I don't even like the song the OP posted, just saying this probably ain't the place to gauge if others do. Most people on here are more hardcore & dedicated fans, not the casual crowd this could appeal to. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Griselda is really putting buffalo on the music map!

The chorus from "City on the Map" might actually work, with clean, Bills-centric lyrics and a basic musical arrangement behind it.

Can they get 50 Cent in on this, too? 😄

Yeah, I put the city on my back
Got it poppin' on these n****s, put the city on the map (yeah, see what I did)
Next tour's a quarter mil' run (we eatin', uh-huh)
They hated on the team, but we still won (hah)
Uh, I put the city on my back (yeah)
Got it poppin' on these n****s, put the city on the map, ah

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Karlos, I’m settled bud, you’re topic is the new shout song.  Hell NO.  Now I’m not crazy about anyone that displays meat cleavers and called the Butcher as the advocate for our team.

A song positive about the Bills, great.  Not my thing, but maybe some young people like it.  That’s ok.  You asked if we liked it.  My answer is no. Change you’re title if you’re really asking, hey what about another fun song for young people on the Bills.  If you really think anyone over 40 is going to like it, not mention those over 60, um no.

Its ok as we can have fans of all generations.  If this pumps you up on some tweet, great, not in Rich Stadium, ever.

Not my thread lol. 

9 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Benny is a local rapper that’s known on a national scale. He used to be my weed man. 

Your weed man’s name was Benny the Butcher?  My weed man’s name is Jeff...just Jeff.  He watches a lot of Fox News.  I’m guessing Benny doesn’t.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 2