The Calling of a Shot.

Prior to the current 4 game win streak, in the 49ers week thread, I declared that we were winning the next two. I said to take it to the bank. It was going to happen. 

After we won those two, I said in the Broncos thread that I knew for a fact we were going to roll the Broncos. 

Before the Pats game I didn’t say anything because I was scared - I knew we were going to roll them but I didn’t know how to put that into words because it was the overlords. We were going to punch them in the face, but I didn’t know what that would look like. Now I do. 

Since that game, I have the same knowledge about this:

The Bills are going to win the Super Bowl. 

I don’t know what it will look like, but I know it will happen. 

There it is. Take it to the bank, put a bow on it, slip it in the stocking as a belated gift. Stake out your spot on the SB parade, and bookmark this post to flame away if need be.

Also, doing some LAMP shopping if anyone has any suggestions...... 

P.S. - things I think, but don’t know (as I know we will win the SB) 

- I think we will win Sunday irregardless or who plays for how long, and the Dolphins will miss the playoffs. 

- I think we will host the AFC championship game. I want to face the chiefs, but I think they’ll get picked off and the SB will run through Buffalo, as it should.

- I think Aaron Rodgers will have a bad game this weekend and the MVP debate will get close between him and Allen, but the pro-Rodgers narrative of the year will sway to him and he’ll get MVP.

- I think the Bills will face Green Bay in the Super Bowl, I think much will be made of the historical nature of each club, and I think much will be made of the small market realities of the teams. 

- I think Allen will outduel Rodgers in the SB, winning SB MVP and leaving many to re-evaluate the season MVP and if Allen got a little screwed due to the Rodgers name.

- I think that Nick Wright and other such anti-Allen media members will popularize the “Great team win, congrats Bills mafia” type tweets that ignore Allen and try to abdicate their own idiocy. 

^ the above are not guarantees, and them happening or not does not change the overall premise of my thread, which is the Bills winning the SB. 

Feel free to put your own postseason feelings and knowings below, if you have the guts....

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Prior to the current 4 game win streak, in the 49ers week thread, I declared that we were winning the next two. I said to take it to the bank. It was going to happen. 

After we won those two, I said in the Broncos thread that I knew for a fact we were going to roll the Broncos. 

Before the Pats game I didn’t say anything because I was scared - I knew we were going to roll them but I didn’t know how to put that into words because it was the overlords. We were going to punch them in the face, but I didn’t know what that would look like. Now I do. 

There it is. Take it to the bank, put a bow on it, slip it in the stocking as a belated gift. Stake out your spot on the SB parade, and bookmark this post to flame away if need be.

- I think we will win Sunday irregardless or who plays for how long, and the Dolphins will miss the playoffs. 

- I think we will host the AFC championship game. I want to face the chiefs, but I think they’ll get picked off and the SB will run through Buffalo, as it should.

- I think Aaron Rodgers will have a bad game this weekend and the MVP debate will get close between him and Allen, but the pro-Rodgers narrative of the year will sway to him and he’ll get MVP.

- I think the Bills will face Green Bay in the Super Bowl, I think much will be made of the historical nature of each club, and I think much will be made of the small market realities of the teams. 

- I think Allen will outduel Rodgers in the SB, winning SB MVP and leaving many to re-evaluate the season MVP and if Allen got a little screwed due to the Rodgers name.

- I think that Nick Wright and other such anti-Allen media members will popularize the “Great team win, congrats Bills mafia” type tweets that ignore Allen and try to abdicate their own idiocy. 

^ the above are not guarantees, and them happening or not does not change the overall premise of my thread, which is the Bills winning the SB. 

Feel free to put your own postseason feelings and knowings below, if you have the guts....

Love the optimism.  Bills are currently +900 to win it all.  How much money you going to put down on them?

• Like (+1) 1

We have probably a 15% of winning the Super Bowl in a league where only the truly dominant teams have a better than 30% chance when the playoffs start.  Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs need to keep playing at their current level, the defense does too.  Add a couple lucky bounces that every team needs in the playoffs.  It can happen.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

TESTIFY 💪💪💪💪

This is what inevitability feels like.

Screw ALL the naysayers!!!!

We ARE the best team in the league and it is on us to prove it.

Josh and the boys are staying humble and displaying an understanding of their situation which is way beyond their years.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I like yours. I'll just go along with you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

But, will Beasley play?

Only if his Spleen heals up in time...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I feel like I'm going to hold my breath about COVID every single day.  I wish the NFL would have some sort of plan for that in the playoffs - either more of a bubble, though it would have to be more creative than what the NBA did.  Or maybe something like giving each team the right to name a small handful of players that they could postpone the game if they weren't able to play.

But, otherwise, I'm basically on board.  There are never guarantees when it comes to a championship, but I like this team's chances, a lot.  We can beat anyone.

8 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Can't link to it, but Cynthia Freuland has the Bills at a 18.2% chance to make it to the SuperBowl this year. (Behind KC, Packers, and Saints). 

Anything she says, the opposite usually happens, so maybe we are looking at a Bills/Saints Super Bowl!

• Like (+1) 1

I've been thinking the same. This Bills team is special.

BUT... Mahomes and the Chiefs are just so good at winning. It's hard to bet against them.

I think the Bills will be in the AFC Championship game and if they play the Chiefs it will be a very close game that either team could win. Hope the Bills pull it out.