The Calling of a Shot.

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Prior to the current 4 game win streak, in the 49ers week thread, I declared that we were winning the next two. I said to take it to the bank. It was going to happen. 

After we won those two, I said in the Broncos thread that I knew for a fact we were going to roll the Broncos. 

Before the Pats game I didn’t say anything because I was scared - I knew we were going to roll them but I didn’t know how to put that into words because it was the overlords. We were going to punch them in the face, but I didn’t know what that would look like. Now I do. 

Since that game, I have the same knowledge about this:

The Bills are going to win the Super Bowl. 

I don’t know what it will look like, but I know it will happen. 

There it is. Take it to the bank, put a bow on it, slip it in the stocking as a belated gift. Stake out your spot on the SB parade, and bookmark this post to flame away if need be.

Also, doing some LAMP shopping if anyone has any suggestions...... 

P.S. - things I think, but don’t know (as I know we will win the SB) 

- I think we will win Sunday irregardless or who plays for how long, and the Dolphins will miss the playoffs. 

- I think we will host the AFC championship game. I want to face the chiefs, but I think they’ll get picked off and the SB will run through Buffalo, as it should.

- I think Aaron Rodgers will have a bad game this weekend and the MVP debate will get close between him and Allen, but the pro-Rodgers narrative of the year will sway to him and he’ll get MVP.

- I think the Bills will face Green Bay in the Super Bowl, I think much will be made of the historical nature of each club, and I think much will be made of the small market realities of the teams. 

- I think Allen will outduel Rodgers in the SB, winning SB MVP and leaving many to re-evaluate the season MVP and if Allen got a little screwed due to the Rodgers name.

- I think that Nick Wright and other such anti-Allen media members will popularize the “Great team win, congrats Bills mafia” type tweets that ignore Allen and try to abdicate their own idiocy. 

^ the above are not guarantees, and them happening or not does not change the overall premise of my thread, which is the Bills winning the SB. 

Feel free to put your own postseason feelings and knowings below, if you have the guts....

From your mouth to God's ear!

Things are lining up.  It's very possible the Titans will get the fourth seed, or be the fourth-highest remaining seed after the first round, which puts them up against the Chiefs.  That's going to be a barn-burner offensive show, except that Tennessee will control the clock.  The Bills will play the Steelers in round two in Buffalo, and then host the Titans in the AFC championship game.

In the SB, if the Packers can still get in without Bakhtiari, I think the Bills will be able to pressure Rodgers, Tre White shuts down Devante Adams and no one shuts down the Bills' passing attack. 

3 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Let’s win the wild card game and then we’ll talk further. 

Why isn’t it ok to see what is obvious? To have faith?

Sure, things can go awry, particularly in sports, but this team is REAL. The improvement of the D, getting healthy, Josh back to weeks one through four Josh, Beane still working his voodoo to add to the weapons (or for contingencies, depending on how you look at it). 

The Bills have been radically better that KC over the past six weeks. They have beaten all comers, including recently undefeated teams. What is left for them to show to this point save eliminating our PTSD?

The Bills are the team to beat, hands down. They are one Hail Mary away from an eight game win streak and have a culture that works towards perfection. Calling the shot here seems like a good bet at this point to me!!!

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Let’s win the wild card game and then we’ll talk further. 

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

This man approves:

Mr Wolf (@DamonRiddle3) | Twitter

As much as I agree with this sentiment, I have no problem with OP pushing his chips to the middle of the table. Much better than the "fear of failure/I'm concerned" posts. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

As much as I agree with this sentiment, I have no problem with OP pushing his chips to the middle of the table. Much better than the "fear of failure/I'm concerned" posts. 

I’m a big fan of unbridled optimism as well. Much better than the insufferable pessimists around here. It takes no courage at all to invest in negative outcomes. It’s a win win for those cowards. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I’m a big fan of unbridled optimism as well. Much better than the insufferable pessimists around here. It takes no courage at all to invest in negative outcomes. It’s a win win for those cowards. 

I'm middle of the road. We could get knocked out in the first round, I get that. But we're also legit SB contenders and if 'fans' can't enjoy the ride we're on right now, I just don't get it. 

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

I'm middle of the road. We could get knocked out in the first round, I get that. But we're also legit SB contenders and if 'fans' can't enjoy the ride we're on right now, I just don't get it. 

I’m enjoying the hell out of the ride as well; it’s about the journey after all. But I’ll never predict a SB win when I know how much work needs to be done and how that weirdly shaped ball can take some funny bounces. But I won’t predict doom and gloom, either. And none of this is in our control, anyway. 

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’m enjoying the hell out of the ride as well; it’s about the journey after all. But I’ll never predict a SB win when I know how much work needs to be done and how that weirdly shaped ball can take some funny bounces. But I won’t predict doom and gloom, either. And none of this is in our control, anyway. 

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Prior to the current 4 game win streak, in the 49ers week thread, I declared that we were winning the next two. I said to take it to the bank. It was going to happen. 

After we won those two, I said in the Broncos thread that I knew for a fact we were going to roll the Broncos. 

Before the Pats game I didn’t say anything because I was scared - I knew we were going to roll them but I didn’t know how to put that into words because it was the overlords. We were going to punch them in the face, but I didn’t know what that would look like. Now I do. 

Since that game, I have the same knowledge about this:

The Bills are going to win the Super Bowl. 

I don’t know what it will look like, but I know it will happen. 

There it is. Take it to the bank, put a bow on it, slip it in the stocking as a belated gift. Stake out your spot on the SB parade, and bookmark this post to flame away if need be.

Also, doing some LAMP shopping if anyone has any suggestions...... 

P.S. - things I think, but don’t know (as I know we will win the SB) 

- I think we will win Sunday irregardless or who plays for how long, and the Dolphins will miss the playoffs. 

- I think we will host the AFC championship game. I want to face the chiefs, but I think they’ll get picked off and the SB will run through Buffalo, as it should.

- I think Aaron Rodgers will have a bad game this weekend and the MVP debate will get close between him and Allen, but the pro-Rodgers narrative of the year will sway to him and he’ll get MVP.

- I think the Bills will face Green Bay in the Super Bowl, I think much will be made of the historical nature of each club, and I think much will be made of the small market realities of the teams. 

- I think Allen will outduel Rodgers in the SB, winning SB MVP and leaving many to re-evaluate the season MVP and if Allen got a little screwed due to the Rodgers name.

- I think that Nick Wright and other such anti-Allen media members will popularize the “Great team win, congrats Bills mafia” type tweets that ignore Allen and try to abdicate their own idiocy. 

^ the above are not guarantees, and them happening or not does not change the overall premise of my thread, which is the Bills winning the SB. 

Feel free to put your own postseason feelings and knowings below, if you have the guts....

Wow you must be psychotic!

I've been summoning the truth from my 'gut' all season. 

1. Gut knew we were in trouble going into the Titans game.

2. Gut knew we would lose the Arizona game. This was actually a pre-season feeling that just never went away. I had that game locked as a loss from the time the schedule was released.

3. Gut knew we would blow out the Broncos.

4. Gut knew we would blow out the Patriots.

Still early but my 'gut' is telling me the following:

1. Dawson Knox potential breakout star in the post season

2. If we match up with the Packers it will be an all-time great Super Bowl game. Something like the first team to 45 points wins. Not sure if we will be on the right side or not. But great game.

3. If we match up with the Bucs we will lose. 😬 I don't like it but just what my gut says.

Unfortunately, I do not have any reads on the outcomes of any of the potential AFC playoff match-ups other than I think the Bills can beat anyone we end up matching up against.