Bills O-line

CSBill

No disrespect to you Cody Ford, but since Ike Boettger and John Feliciano have been the starting guards, and Morse's return, this line is getting better every game. The run game not quite there yet, but its working when needed. And Allen getting touched one time tonight, that is ridiculous! . . . Both lines are peaking at the right time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

#20ZMoss doesn't run for much but he gets that short yardage first down.  I think he had a TD tonightas well

Love me some Moss lately.  Dude gets the tough yards.  That’s all this offense needs.  Get tough yards, move the chains, and avoid having to use Allen as our short yardage back.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Love me some Moss lately.  Dude gets the tough yards.  That’s all this offense needs.  Get tough yards, move the chains, and avoid having to use Allen as our short yardage back.  

Moss has been the better runner.  Singletary needs space to do what he does well.  And it isn't breaking tackles.

Our OL is very average overall, but I fear you may be right about Ford OP. I really hope he can turn it around in '21. In any case, I'd really like to see us upgrade 1 or both G positions this offseason. I'd also like an elite edge rusher and upgrades for Wallace and T Johnson. That said, Feliciano, Wallace and Johnson are not bad. They're just not great and I'm being greedy.

5 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

Moss has been the better runner.  Singletary needs space to do what he does well.  And it isn't breaking tackles.

I really can't see that. They're close, but I'll take Singletary over Moss any day. Oh and... Singletary doesn't break tackles??? 

I like both of these guys. Upgrade our Guards and TE and this will be the most dangerous offense in Bills history since OJ. Maybe even better.

15 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I really can't see that. They're close, but I'll take Singletary over Moss any day. Oh and... Singletary doesn't break tackles??? 

I like both of these guys. Upgrade our Guards and TE and this will be the most dangerous offense in Bills history since OJ. Maybe even better.

Singletary’s time to hit a hole can be timed with a sundial.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Simon said:

Boettger is still really struggling out there but the stability around him is covering a lot of mistakes.

YUP 

Love Boettger and his story and he certainly has plugged in selectively, but he’s getting tremendous help around him. Helps having Morse and Dawkins flanking him.

I think you see Ford regain that spot next season, and decidedly so. He’s the better run blocker and handles stunts and twists more consistently. I’d still expect Boettger to make the team unless we draft OL.  

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Boettger is still really struggling out there but the stability around him is covering a lot of mistakes.

That is my assessment as well.  He is nothing special.  The Singletary run on third down in the red-zone he missed his block terribly.  If he kicks out one of those guys Singletary can cut it back up for the first down.  Ford would win that job back easily unless they are forced to kick him out to RT.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Moss is the x factor. Actually so is Gabe Davis, and then when j. brown comes back beez nutz is an x factor... lol we have so many options on offense. Its really silly. And not to mention Mr. Allen is, right now the best qb in the NFL, things are just too good to be true!

I'm not an OL guru, but it seems to me they made a conscious decision to trade the running game for pass protection. Boettger is a pretty decent pass protector and lousy run blocker. Josh has got great pass protection overall the last four games though and our offense is noticeably better. He has all day a lot. Sure we lose in run blocking but the tradeoff is worth it. Our OL wasn't as good as a lot of people thought earlier. Josh immediately makes people miss. But his protection has been elite since Boettger. We only need the threat to run. Tonight was a good example. 

• Like (+1) 3

Ford I think was playing well at guard before he got hurt. But Ike has come in and been impressive. However I think Mongo has been the Xfactor on the Oline. He not only is a mauler but he has the intangibles that seems to improve the play of the unit.

I also think that Williams has played better and better as they year has gone on which has helped the overall play of the oline.

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Ford I think was playing well at guard before he got hurt. But Ike has come in and been impressive. However I think Mongo has been the Xfactor on the Oline. He not only is a mauler but he has the intangibles that seems to improve the play of the unit.

I also think that Williams has played better and better as they year has gone on which has helped the overall play of the oline.

Williams has been very good all year. A huge addition to our offense and another great acquisition by Beane. 

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm not an OL guru, but it seems to me they made a conscious decision to trade the running game for pass protection. Boettger is a pretty decent pass protector and lousy run blocker. Josh has got great pass protection overall the last four games though and our offense is noticeably better. He has all day a lot. Sure we lose in run blocking but the tradeoff is worth it. Our OL wasn't as good as a lot of people thought earlier. Josh immediately makes people miss. But his protection has been elite since Boettger. We only need the threat to run. Tonight was a good example. 

Yea Ike has been pretty solid in pass pro. Better than Ford was. He seems to be having some assignment issues at time in the run game. He has done a very solid job for me. 

6 hours ago, Simon said:

how do you evaluate that.  Curious to understand what he is doing well and not well.

12 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Singletary is extremely elusive and can make ppl miss in space.  I just don't feel like he's breaking tackles.  Especially not as well as Moss.