Happy for Jerry Hughes

I don't think anyone could remove that smile from his face: https://www.buffalobills.com/video/jerry-hughes-enjoy-this-tonight

I always found it a little funny that Hughes was basically the one holdover starter on either side of the ball from the Whaley administration because I associated his game with flashes of brilliance interrupted by some selfish penalties and tons of "close but no cigar" moments.  He did have that one amazing play against...the Browns, I think, with the strip sack and fumble.

Anyway he's the Buffalo Bill that has seen the Patriots close out this division the most times and at 32 years old he probably doesn't have more than 2-3 seasons left.  It put a smile on my face to know that he was the one holding the ball in the end zone on the play that effectively ended the game.  And what a run!  Those were seriously some RB skills.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My guy Jerry.  When he snatched that fumble up he had instantly had end zone on his mind.  Once he schooled that first would be tackler you just knew there was nothing stopping him. While the “giant laser” to Kumerow was a sight to behold, Jerrys return was my favorite play of the year.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My guy Jerry.  When he snatched that fumble up he had instantly had end zone on his mind.  Once he schooled that first would be tackler you just knew there was nothing stopping him. While the “giant laser” to Kumerow was a sight to behold, Jerrys return was my favorite play of the year.  

I was insanely worried he would fumble it back to the Broncos but he freaking scored which was insane.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

EASILY one of the best trades in franchise history when you consider what we gave up.

I'd totally forgotten Kelvin Sheppard's name, and had to look it up on Dr. Google.  He ended up bouncing around the league until 2018, and is now LSU's director of player development.  He was a 3rd round pick (#68) of the Bills 2011 draft, a relative disaster of a draft for the Bills, with Tub o' Goo at #3, Aaron Williams, whose career was essentially ended by a Jarvis Landry cheap shot to the head, at #34.  The only other name of note in that draft was Da'Norris Searcy, who had a nice 8-year NFL career. 

The rest?  Chris Hairston, Johnny White, Chris White, Justin Rogers, and Michael Jasper.:wallbash:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Funny thing is, he’s not even in the box score as he didn’t record any stats other than fumble recovery and TD.  

I thought he should’ve gotten .5 of addisons sack initially.  After watching the replay, he really only had his arm on kicks back for a second before Addison put him down.  

Speaking of sacks..... Ed Oliver’s sack was satisfying.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I was insanely worried he would fumble it back to the Broncos but he freaking scored which was insane.

I felt the same way, haha. I was like, "Gah, just go down, Jerry!" and then he made that cut and it was, "Hey wait, he might make it!" Awesome to get defensive scores in back to back games. And awesome for Hughes. I feel like he's been a hair away from one of these kinda plays for a while now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Very well deserved. The guy always puts it all out there on the field. Like others, my first thought was 'just go down', but was so pleased to see him run it in, in some style it has to be said. ;)

Probably a good idea Singletary ran his in later, as Jerry would probably be giving the RBs a lot of stick in the week. ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I know!!!  The way he was waving that ball around!!!!  I was screaming at the TV HOLD ONTO THE BALL!!!!  WTG Jerry!!!