2-pt defense is concerning me

The Red King

Hey, I posted positive on another thread!  I'm loving this win, but I'm allowed to be a lil leary.  Up 16 and I thought it was a two-score game, figuring Pitt would get both conversions if they got the TDs.

80% surrender rate, meaning we are 1/5 defending them.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Have we successfully defended a 2-pt conversion this season?  So far it hasn't come back to bite us, but it is a lil worrysome.  That should not be more reliable then a PAT.

I believe we are at 0% at stopping them. 

what’s odd is that teams are converting in sort of the same way every time— I swear it’s the same throw to the back left corner or the endzone every time. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, brianb386 said:

Damm, I thought we finally got the ever elusive signature win

This was a signature win.  Sorry, am I forbidden from pointing out a glaring problem area in what was still a hell of a win, or do we just pretend Buffalo was absolutely perfect tonight?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

Yes

Alright.  In that case I was impressed how the offense barely put any points on the board in the first half in an obvious attempt to lull the Steelers into a false sense of security.  Was a hell of an effort to keep the ball off the ground so they could intercept it.  It was truly a perfect game by the Bills! 😁

Edited by The Red King
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Hey, I posted positive on another thread!  I'm loving this win, but I'm allowed to be a lil leary.  Up 16 and I thought it was a two-score game, figuring Pitt would get both conversions if they got the TDs.

"Timothy Leary's brother 'Really Leary' claimed he took acid 1000+ times with no ill effects".

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I'm worried about the trainers.   What if they run out if tape???

This post is ridiculous. 

You don't care at all that Buffalo is only 1/5 defending against 2-pt conversions?  You don't see Buffalo potentially blowing an eight point lead in the playoffs because they can't defend it?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I'm worried about the trainers.   What if they run out if tape???

This post is ridiculous. 

How is it ridiculous? This is a big concern any time it comes up in games. The Bills allow conversions essentially 100% of the time under McDermott.

This also killed us in the playoffs last year. Drawing attention to it is worthwhile.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

You don't care at all that Buffalo is only 1/5 defending against 2-pt conversions?  You don't see Buffalo potentially blowing an eight point lead in the playoffs because they can't defend it?

LOL.  I remembered the set-up but forgot the punch line............it's even funnier now that I heard it again.

The 1:53 mark.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Red King said:

It hasn't been a problem so far.  So yes. I will be able to sleep tonight knowing they are 1/5 defending the 2 pt conversion. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan

3 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

It hasn't been a problem so far.  Do yes. I will be able to sleep tonight knowing they are 1/5 defending the 2 pt conversion. 

Not a problem so far?  Did...you miss the playoff game last season, where Houston converted two of them to push the game to OT?

Yeah, not a problem... 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Not a problem so far?  Did...you miss the playoff game last season, where Houston converted two of them to push the game to OT?

Yeah, not a problem... 🙄

Last season is the operative words.   This is a new season. A better offense. The defense is improving.   We are 10-3 with a real chance go finish the regular season 13-3.  And you are worried because we have given up 4 2 point conversions???  I am more impressed by the goal line stand against the 49ers.

I am tapping out.  Go Bills.

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Last season is the operative words.   This is a new season. A better offense. The defense is improving.   We are 10-3 with a real chance go finish the regular season 13-3.  And you are worried because we have given up 4 2 point conversions???  I am more impressed by the goal line stand against the 49ers.

I am tapping out.  Go Bills.

I'm worried about the conversions.  You wanna watch Buffalo blow an eight point lead to KC in the Championship Game?  The Super Bowl?  It cost us last year, and it's not fixed.

Yes, Buffalo is a better team then last year.  This was a big win and I feel like the Bills are real contenders.  That doesn't mean I can't point out the one concern I have left with this team.

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

In total, the NFL is usually within two or three points of 50%. The difference between 2.5 of 5 and 4 of 5 is more dependent on small sample size than anything else.

4 hours ago, The Red King said:

That was debunked by Dennis Leary.

I'm leery about that.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

Yeah, not a problem... 🙄

Yeah, the two point conversions were the problem in that game. Good point. We played so well in the rest of the game.