Four Guys vs Hopkins

Irv

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Fair. That said, I remain in awe of how good Hopkins is. Might be the worst trade of the decade.

oh he’s a beast. people thought I was knocking diggs or being moody about the bills when I said I thought the cards got the better deal. It wasn’t a knock at all-I like our move a ton. Just the Hopkins deal was crazy, as you note.

My $ .02 --

I thought the Bills defense did everything right on that last drive. 34 seconds to go 75 yards. My biggest fear was that Kyler would peel off a 40 yard scramble to get them in range; they contained him. They completed short passes up the middle. We had them with no timeouts and a chance for a quick out and a shorter Hail Mary, or two Hail Marys.

He only needed one. Electric young talent at QB (we're lucky that Josh is one of the few others who could've pulled this off), probably the best receiver in the world on the other end -- the same guy who killed us in Houston last year did it again.

Great playmakers making great plays. It doesn't bother me at all. What does bother me is abandoning the running game, particularly to start the second half with the empty backfield on the first series. Why?

It wasn't lucky, he makes those types of plays a lot...he high points the ball and beings it down in traffic. Normally not in a Hail Mary situation but he has caught the ball and scored with White draped all over him when he was with the Texans too...

Just a great play by a great player. It happens. It wasn't a playoff game, we still are alive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cal said:

They are a lot shorter than Hopkins. That's why. McDermott should of put Davis or Knox back there. Bad coaching.

The problem with that is Davis is still a rookie so not sure I'd want to trust him that he doesn't get called for interference or something.  Not certain I'd trust Knox there either as he's big, but use to more a TE role where you can knock people around some.

The other issue I'd have with using an offensive player in that situation is that with 11 seconds it's not likely the last play so still have to worry about throwing a 25 yard pass completion and going out of bounds as likely could be a wide open receiver as you just basically gave up one player by putting him back there.  If that had been an incompletion and now there's 2 seconds left, then I'd put him back there.

Not quite sure I’d characterize his catch as pure luck. He’s an all-pro receiver and timed his jump and catch perfectly. He may have been the beneficiary of some luck if you believe poyer diving back into Tre impeded White’s chance to break it up. 

He is the best WR in the game. And that is not disrespect to Diggs or our WRs just reality. And to think he was shipped off for a RB and a 2nd lol. That trade should have got BoB fired immediately 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 4