Four Guys vs Hopkins

Irv

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Jesus dude, there was 11 seconds left.  They had time to run 2 plays if they wanted to.  Murray scrambled around before throwing it which left 2 seconds.  

You only put a TE or a tall WR if it’s without a doubt the last play.

No. Not true. You have to guard against the hail Mary. They needed a td.

Edited by Cal

7 minutes ago, DQW87 said:

I personally am pissed at the defense leading up to that last play.  Any time you let a team drive 40 yards in seconds to get in a position to throw a Hail Mary, then anything can happen. Stop playing so far off on important drives.

Agree, that’s Leslie Frazier’s style of D, and I’ve seen enough of it. His style only works with big time playmakers on the line who can pressure the QB. We don’t have that, and it allows the opponent to pick us apart. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

There were multiple coaching and execution failures in the last 34 seconds.

1. Prevent defense instead of pressuring Murray. Who cares if he completes passes over them idle with 0 timeouts left?

2. Calling timeout with 11 seconds left, which gave AZ more time to prep.

3. Not trying to swat the ball away on the Hail Mary

4. On the kickoff, there were 2 seconds left. If they recovered the squib without trying to advance it, would have had 1 second to try their own Hail Mary, instead of an idiotic lateral out of bounds.

Dead serious, this was absolutely pathetic.

They only won due to luck.  Get over it.  Nothing pathetic about this loss. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, beer said:

I mean the announcers called it right as a murray moment. perfect throw. bills defenders all over hopkins. i cant fault them on that, that ball hit hopkins hands perfectly 

it should’ve never had a chance to if they just swatted it 

• Like (+1) 1