Four Guys vs Hopkins

Irv

There were multiple coaching and execution failures in the last 34 seconds.

1. Prevent defense instead of pressuring Murray. Who cares if he completes passes over them idle with 0 timeouts left?

2. Calling timeout with 11 seconds left, which gave AZ more time to prep.

3. Not trying to swat the ball away on the Hail Mary

4. On the kickoff, there were 2 seconds left. If they recovered the squib without trying to advance it, would have had 1 second to try their own Hail Mary, instead of an idiotic lateral out of bounds.

Dead serious, this was absolutely pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cal said:

Smart coaches put a tall receiver or TE back that do knock it down. That is what you do.

Jesus dude, there was 11 seconds left.  They had time to run 2 plays if they wanted to.  Murray scrambled around before throwing it which left 2 seconds.  

You only put a TE or a tall WR if it’s without a doubt the last play.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It looked like Poyer knocked White out of the play.

We keep seeing players try to get a good hit and end up hitting their teammate with friendly fire. That time it didn't get anyone injured but the friendly fire cost us the game.

If white was unobstructed he had a much better chance of breaking that up.

Edited by RichVP
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jlgarsh said:

There were multiple coaching and execution failures in the last 34 seconds.

1. Prevent defense instead of pressuring Murray. Who cares if he completes passes over them idle with 0 timeouts left?

2. Calling timeout with 11 seconds left, which gave AZ more time to prep.

3. Not trying to swat the ball away on the Hail Mary

4. On the kickoff, there were 2 seconds left. If they recovered the squib without trying to advance it, would have had 1 second to try their own Hail Mary, instead of an idiotic lateral out of bounds.

Dead serious, this was absolutely pathetic.

Wrong honestly.   We played it well.   Made them use 2 time outs and forced a desperation play with pressure.  Unlucky.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

2-3 more inches in either direction for that ball and its incomplete. And thats on a 50yd throw. It literally hit Hopkins at the perfect apex of his jump. Its insane. 

they could literally try that 100 times and im confident they would fail every time. 

Agreed. Just perfect place at perfect time. Totally heartbreaking 😡😩👎

11 minutes ago, beer said:

I mean the announcers called it right as a murray moment. perfect throw. bills defenders all over hopkins. i cant fault them on that, that ball hit hopkins hands perfectly 

Is that sarcasm?

One of those guys have to make that play. I don’t get how people excuse that. If you’re being sarcastic then I apologize 

3 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Were not expecting hail Mary there necessarily.   They had time for 2 plays

I think it only turned into a hail mary because Addison chased Murray and almost got the sack and forced him to just chuck it up there