Four Guys vs Hopkins

Irv

2 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

He threw a jump ball.  Nice throw but when a receiver makes a catch in triple coverage against great pass defenders, the receiver made the play.  

Who were the great pass defenders?

Just now, dave mcbride said:

He was outjumped because hopkins is a lot taller and has a huge wingspan. Can’t do much about that.

you can if you put tall people who can jump back there. Honestly what do you have to lose if Allen is back there? Ok so Allen gives up a TD to Hopkins, the result is the same, but at least a head coach tried to do something creative. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I don't blame the DBs. You aren't going to out jump DeAndre Hopkins and they can't interfere with him. They made it so that only a perfect throw and catch would have been a TD. The play is on Addison for getting greedy and diving at Murray instead of pursuing him and making it impossible to get off a good throw.

Hopkins a great player made a great play. It happens agree.  Rationale thought at lease bye week came a perfect time. Let our guys heal.  

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

you can if you put tall people who can jump back there. Honestly what do you have to lose if Allen is back there? Ok so Allen gives up a TD to Hopkins, the result is the same, but at least a head coach tried to do something creative. 

Agree

36 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Honestly tre couldn't have done much more.   He high pointed that perfect.  Beat by a phenomenal play. 

20201115_194526.jpg

Looks like poyer and hyde had one hand up trying to swat the ball but they were out of position. Tre on the other hand had two hands up and in position...

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Good analysis. Poyer should have just crashed into Hopkins instead of jumping for the ball.  

I was saying Poyer was playing another man.. smartass so he was late to the play... watch again Ethan. 

21 minutes ago, Neo said:

So commit pass interference!

maybe az scores on the next play from the 1 yard line, maybe not. hard to know what is going through those guy's heads or what they've been coached to do. i doubt it is to mug the receiver. i have a hard time understanding why fellow bills fans would rather blame our own guys vs chalking it up to a fluke unbelievable play 

6 minutes ago, beer said:

maybe az scores on the next play from the 1 yard line, maybe not. hard to know what is going through those guy's heads or what they've been coached to do. i doubt it is to mug the receiver. i have a hard time understanding why fellow bills fans would rather blame our own guys vs chalking it up to a fluke unbelievable play 

I would love to know what was going through their heads and what they were coached to do ...  

• Like (+1) 1

Back in the 2004 season, the Bills lost the home opener to Jacksonville on a 4th down td pass with no time left on the clock. The Jags receiver caught the ball in triple coverage because none of the Bills Dbs tried to knock it down. This was right after a miracle throw on a 4th and 14 where the Bills Nate Clements went for an INT instead of knocking it down that resulted in a massive gain. At the end of that season the Bills lost to the Steelers 3rd strings and missed the playoffs by a game.  Every game counts and if all you need to do is knock the ball down instead of an INT then knock the f'ing ball down!

Edited by Livinginthepast
brain cramp
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Back in the 2004 season, the Bills lost the home opener to Jacksonville on a 4th down td pass with no time left on the clock. The Jags receiver caught the ball in triple coverage because none of the Bills Dbs tried to knock it down. This was right after a miracle throw on a 4th and 14 where the Bills Donte Whitner went for an INT instead of knocking it down that resulted in a massive gain. At the end of that season the Bills lost to the Steelers 3rd strings and missed the playoffs by a game.  Every game counts and if all you need to do is knock the ball down instead of an INT then knock the f'ing ball down!

I don't know how much you care about the details but Whitner was drafted in 2006...

• Haha (+1) 1

Tre has a 32" vert, Micah 33. Hopkins has 36. None of these guys are freak athletes just naturals and good technicians. No one played it poorly but with Poyer coming in from front with his leverage you hope he gets a hand on it. Then again his vert is 30. You run that 50 times they might not complete again. Im ok with it in the long run it doesn't matter much and we are still in driver seat.

Watching the replay Micah is probably most responsible as from behind he could time the play on the ball best

Edited by Haze_21
  • Like (+1) 1