What would it take for you to trade Josh?

elijah

I wouldn't trade him for anything. I know what some are saying with Mahomes, but we have no idea if it would be anywhere near as a good fit as Josh and I wouldn't want to risk it. As others have mentioned he is the only QB in the league that is 100% a perfect fit for Buffalo and really WNY & upstate NY also.

He's self aware, knowing his flaws and works hard to improve upon them. He absorbs all the criticism and blame, while deflecting all the praise to other teammates. His athletic ability, size and arm talent are off the charts and now he's starting to "get" the mental aspect of the game and it shows. But probably his 2 best qualities are his leadership and competitive drive. He'll put his body on the line to win and his teammates would go to hell and back for him.

IMO in 2 years or so he will be the biggest weapon in football. By then he'll be in his prime and the mental aspect of his game while catch up to his athletic ability and competitive drive. His vast improvement from his first 2 years should have all Bills fans feeling like we got a steal with the 7th pick in the 2018 NFL draft and that we have a real chance at winning it all at some point while Josh is here. As his teammates have said he's a stone cold dawg.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, elijah said:

I don't make threads often, and when I do typically it's a well-written article but this time I'm just posing a question that I'm curious to see where Bills fans stand on. 

I have a group chat with a bunch of my friends who also happen to be diehard Bills fans. 

I asked the question, who would you trade Josh Allen for? My answer is that the only player in the league I trade Josh Allen for right now would be Pat Mahomes straight up (I'm aware the Chiefs wouldn't do that). One of my friends argued back that they would trade Josh for Russell straight up as well, with the age difference I disagree, but I could see where the argument could be made. 

Where this thread is stemming from, two of my friends in the group said that they would consider Kyler Murray for Josh Allen straight up, and I simply can not justify that to myself. I understand that Kyler is hot right now, but Josh just seems to have the more complete game. 

A side note to this, where would you rank Josh in the league for quarterback play THIS SEASON. For myself, there's a first tier of Rodgers, Wilson and Mahomes. After that there's a second tier consisting of names like Watson, Murray, Tannehill, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Brady, Brees, Josh and etc. But even within that second tier, I would personally take Josh over the rest of the names I listed. Josh is currently my QB4 in the league.

Normally I'm not a homer and can see where this may sound biased, so I'm curious to see what this board thinks of this.

So, who/what, if anyone/package, would you trade Josh for and where does he rank among your quarterback's this season? 

we got our guy. Let’s roll with him. No trades. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

How did you come up with a 3rd in 2022? Why not a 1st in 2023.

In a fantasy world, I don't see a GM moving more than 3 firsts for any player.  Beyond that, it's about getting other star players in return. 

In the real world, no. I don't think there is any package a team could offer that would make me move  Josh. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I'm keeping Josh.

This.

Josh is untouchable. Does that mean he is the best QB in the league? No. Mahomes will likely go on to have the better career and more gaudy stats. But you really couldn't mold a better QB than Josh Allen for this team. He belongs in Buffalo whether he finally wins the big one or not. Hopefully he does. 

Now if the question is who do I think will be better than Josh over the next 5-10 years? It's only one guy. Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Not sure there is any other QB + WR combo that would be appealing. Does Ciara sit in the stands to watch Russel Wilson and Metcalf? That might make me consider it. 

What could be reasonably expected from Wilson + Metcalf + the rest of the Bills’ offense? Odds-on the highest-scoring offense in NFL history?

Wouldn’t do the trade, because my view is there are more satisfying aspects of sport than a be-all, end-all, win-at-any-cost mentality (and Allen emphatically checks those boxes as a player worth rooting for) but Wilson and Metcalf would make the Bills Super Bowl favorites *this* year and I’m willing to argue that where ever, whenever.

Edited by Ecmic82

51 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

2021 or 2022 draft. 

No thanks. I subscribe to the “bird in the hand theory.” This team, in its current state of development, doesn’t have the luxury of taking a crapshoot on a greenhorn rookie and wasting several seasons to get him to Allen’s current level. Especially because whoever that prospect is, the odds are against him having the elite arm talent, football character, and intangibles that Allen possesses.