What would it take for you to trade Josh?

elijah

7 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

This is all devils advocate posting.

I wanted to provide an imaginary example that provided the appropriate value. 4 - 5 first rounders might be appropriate.

If I you had a gun to my head and demanded "trade Josh", this is the type of deal I'd pursue.

Why do you hate Josh???

20 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Pure hypothetical, because that makes this more fun.

The Bills and Saints have completed a trade: 

Saints receive: 

Josh Allen,  QB 

Bills receive: 

2021 1st round pick

2022 1st round pick

2022 3rd round pick 

2024 1st round pick

Alvin Kamara, RB

Andrus Peat, G 

Fun?

I guess, if winning isn't the objective.

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now that we've beaten that Patriots and Seasnakes, I believe any trade for Josh should proceed for compensation to be determined using a variant of the law about cats said to have been enacted in the 900's by the Welsh ruler Hywel the Good.

That law went as follows: if anyone were to kill or steal a cat that had not yet killed a mouse, its value was fourpence.

But if a cat were stolen or killed after it had proven itself as a mouser, it was to be held by its tail over an empty floor, head downwards so that its forepaws just touched the floor.  Grain was then to be poured around the cat until the tip of its tail was completely covered.  That was its value.  (This would produce a substantial mound of grain)

In any trade for Josh, use a variant of the procedure for loss of a mouse-killing cat. Use Gold instead of grain.  Hold Josh head down by one ankle so his fingertips just brush the floor, and keep pouring gold until his pointed toe-tips are covered.

Hywel's law does not specify, in the case of a stolen cat, how to persuade the creature to cooperate with dangling head-down by its tail while the grain is poured.  A similar caveat might apply to this trade procedure for Josh.  If compensation can not be properly determined, the trade is OFF.

Oxygen supply should be assured for health and safety during the compensation procedure.

I really think this would be a great trade.  Can't believe no one else picked up on this.   

I'm sure any problems inherent in trying to dangle a guy upside down who can pancake half a ton of NFL front-seven in less than 5 seconds could be overcome

10 hours ago, mannc said:

It’s idiotic.  I have no idea how it’s “fun”.  Usually threads this silly occur only in the off-season...

How about this for a suggestion. Don't click on it. Or don't read it. Or don't respond. Better yet, just go away and be miserable somewhere else.

since the 90's the Bills have been trying over and over again to identify and draft a franchise QB... and now they have one......the Most important member of any NFL team  and the hardest to find obviously....and y'all are discussing a trade? .....am I being punked?

20 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Not Mahomes.  Not anyone.  32 out of 32 GMs would take Mahomes right now and while I can't blame them they're all wrong.

I disagree with this. I don't believe Beane or McDermott or Daboll would take Mahomes over Allen right now. And there might be a few more GM's that might actually prefer Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Muppy said:

since the 90's the Bills have been trying over and over again to identify and draft a franchise QB... and now they have one......the Most important member of any NFL team  and the hardest to find obviously....and y'all are discussing a trade? .....am I being punked?

Yes.

But my trade suggestion is still the best and most feasible.  See above.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/12/2020 at 12:54 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now that we've beaten that Patriots and Seasnakes, I believe any trade for Josh should proceed for compensation to be determined using a variant of the law about cats said to have been enacted in the 900's by the Welsh ruler Hywel the Good.

That law went as follows: if anyone were to kill or steal a cat that had not yet killed a mouse, its value was fourpence.

But if a cat were stolen or killed after it had proven itself as a mouser, it was to be held by its tail over an empty floor, head downwards so that its forepaws just touched the floor.  Grain was then to be poured around the cat until the tip of its tail was completely covered.  That was its value.  (This would produce a substantial mound of grain)

In any trade for Josh, use a variant of the procedure for loss of a mouse-killing cat. Use Gold instead of grain.  Hold Josh head down by one ankle so his fingertips just brush the floor, and keep pouring gold until his pointed toe-tips are covered.

Hywel's law does not specify, in the case of a stolen cat, how to persuade the creature to cooperate with dangling head-down by its tail while the grain is poured.  A similar caveat might apply to this trade procedure for Josh.  If compensation can not be properly determined, the trade is OFF.

Oxygen supply should be assured for health and safety during the compensation procedure.

Ya know, when I was scanning responses I thought you we’re talking about Schroedengers (Sp). Cat.... is there a cat in the box? Is there not a cat in the box...,  Its that whole uncertainty thing..., 

Maybe Mahomes, but I'd view that as a wash with Josh's current trajectory.  In addition to his once in a generation physical skills, Josh has special leadership skills that aren't easily replaced.  

I'd possibly consider a trade that would net us Trevor Lawrence and 3 additional first round picks.

What would it take for me to trade Josh? A lobotomy.

We've been waiting to find our guy at QB since 1997 and it finally appears that the search is over. I'm not interested in starting over even if it meant the potential of Trevor Lawrence. Allen has started to realize his potential and I'm all in to see how far he's able to take it.

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn’t trade Allen for Mahommes, and here is why.

Mahommes has the biggest contract in history. And while he DESERVES it, it’s one that may be problematic as the years go by in terms of balancing out the roster.  

If Allen continues to ascend into top 3 status, he will be in line for his own mega deal.  But my gut tells me that winning and playing in Buffalo are priorities one and two on his list and that he will be more likely to get paid but in a more team friendly contract to help insure Beane has more opportunities to keep the best roster possible around him.

So as we sit here today, I wouldn’t entertain any trade offers for Josh.  There isn’t anyone who is a better fit IMO for this team than Josh right based on how he is playing and what he means to this team.

• Like (+1) 1

Mahomes plus Andy Reid. The apprentice is not at the level of the master yet.

Also, they are a proven winning combination.

Tbh even then I would have to think very hard about it.

Allen simply seems to be the right fit for Buffalo